Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Why did you join MGS?

ole gray

I joined this space because I am a golf junkie. This has been my greatest source of new golf knowledge and equipment.

It is a community of like minded golfers sharing their love of the game and for all things golf.

The reviews are straight forward and not hyped. Honest and trust worthy golf information.

Unbiased reviews from “normal” golfers, not guys who play everyday for a living. I’m not a “blog” guy, but I spend so much time on here gathering info, I figured I’d join. Great people, great reviews. 

Taylormade P790 P-5 / Vokey 50, 54, 58, 62 / Callaway sub-zero driver 8degree / Taylormade 3-wood / Callaway 3-hybrid / Taylormade spider X putter

Golf is why I live. Eat, sleep,dream breath it. Mgs is my avenue to like minded folks. I haven't gotten involved in testing as from what I've seen through the posts at my age (75) I lack the energy and diligence to preform the in depth reviews that are being done.

That said,my hope is that I can just hang around and enjoy the enthusiasm that I experience every time I receive the Forum

Started with 100$ set out of PX in White Sands NM 1970..53yrs later Miz 923hm. 1.9 hncp.

I’ve been seeing it more on Twitter with very good articles. I didn’t know they had a forum. Then one day they said they needed testers for irons that look like mine and I thought I could help and get a new set of irons as well. Seemed like a bargain. Well after a while I realized I wouldn’t ever be picked up for a test of new irons as a new member. But it didn’t matter anymore as I checked out the forum and found a lot of interesting topics. I didn’t get those nice irons but I found a nice community.

Drivers : Ping G425 10.5° Max Diamana black s60 X-Stiff and TaylorMade SIM 2 9° Tensei Blue AV Series 60 X-Stiff.

Woods : 3 and 7 wood Ping G425 Max Tensei Orange Stiff

Hybrid : Ping G425 22° Stiff.

Irons : Mizuno Pro 243 NS PRO 850GH NEO Stiff.

Wedges : 52 12M Vokey TM8 and 56 10S Vokey TM8

Tech Mevo+, Garmin S62 Watch and Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized.

Home course : The Els Club, Dubai. Blue (6,829 yards) Black (7,538 yards)

To offer my knowledge of the golf game but also to further and gain knowledge 

WITB

Callaway Rouge ST Max D driver

Titleist TSR2 fairway 

Titleist Tsi2 fairway

Titleist TS2 Hybrid

Titleist T300 irons

Vokey Wedges SM8

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist LinkMaster bag

Since I like all things golf related, the reviews and new release notices are great.  The testing section is great as well.  Everyday golfers testing golf items is the best way to do it.  I don't want a professionals review all the time.  I want the review of someone like me who shoots in the 70's and low 80's.

I like the community feel of the site.  We all love golf and like to talk about it all the more.  

Richard D. Shows II

Driver: PING G400 Max, 9.5*

Fairway woods: PING 425, 14* and PING G Series, 16.5*

Hybrids: PING G Series, 3H (19*), 4H (22*), 5H (26*)

Irons: PING 425, 7-SW

Wedge: Cleveland RTX ZipCore (58*)

Putter: YES! Callie or TaylorMade Spider GT(New)

Bag: Sun Mountain CX1 cart bag (Red, White and Blue)

Balls: Titleist ProV1, Srixon QStar (&Tour), Callaway ERC Soft, TaylorMade TP5

Rangefinder: TecTecTec!

It is the 1st place for golf I have found where scratch/low handicappers are lumped in equally with beginners or high handicappers as equals as far as being members here. Too many  places for golf are 99% geared for advanced golfers, not one of those advanced golfers started off at or near scratch, someone helped them along the way but some have forgotten what its like not to be at their level and shun the less advanced golfers. Fact new/handicap golfers spend money on products just like scratch ones, same goes for slower swing speed golfers VS guys bringing the heat, we need to know what products and advice work for us not for some 20 year old driving the ball 350 down the middle. Fact some of the higher handicap golfers on this site today will 1 day be the low handicap golfers of tomorrow.  

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

I'm a gear nerd and like reading about it, even if i'm not going to go shell out the cash every year for the latest and greatest. I'm a pretty active forum member on WRX, but i came over here after reading some reviews and poking around the forums. This place seems a lot more community oriented, which I enjoy. 

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

Mostly for the best of series. Primarily interested in what works for 85-90mph swing speeds. My driver and my golf ball choice both came from MGS testing. Of course, there have been plenty of things that I would love to be a tester on. However, I think I burned up all of my golf gear testing luck about 10 years ago. First, I won a year's supply of Srixon golf balls, (their idea of a year's supply and mine were two different numbers. Their idea was three dozen) Then I won a Cleveland 7 iron and a TaylorMade 6 iron all in the same year. My golf buddies were really pissed that I won golf balls and two irons from three different companies. So, while I would love to test something for MGS I realize that the gods of golf have already favored me. Now if they would just favor me on the golf course.

X

5 minutes ago, Slow said:

Mostly for the best of series. Primarily interested in what works for 85-90mph swing speeds. My driver and my golf ball choice both came from MGS testing. Of course, there have been plenty of things that I would love to be a tester on. However, I think I burned up all of my golf gear testing luck about 10 years ago. First, I won a year's supply of Srixon golf balls, (their idea of a year's supply and mine were two different numbers. Their idea was three dozen) Then I won a Cleveland 7 iron and a TaylorMade 6 iron all in the same year. My golf buddies were really pissed that I won golf balls and two irons from three different companies. So, while I would love to test something for MGS I realize that the gods of golf have already favored me. Now if they would just favor me on the golf course.

Don't know if I call you lucky or cursed!  But I agree - MGS provides a lot of insight and opinions relative to a lot of different skill levels.  Just need to pick the parts of the conversations that fits yours.

GPS111

I joined because I wanted unbiased information about the equipment out there. No manufacturer spin or hype. That’s what MGS delivers. They are my “go-to” for real evaluations.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

I joined like many others for a chance to be a tester, but what I found was a site that was much more than that! I've enjoyed reading all the different forums and hope to become much more active in the upcoming weeks!

Driver - Titleist TSR3 

3-wood- PING G10 

3 Hybrid- Taylormade M2 

Irons- Taylormade R9 

Gap Wedge- Cleveland CG12 

Lob wedge- Cleveland CG10 

Putter- Odyssey 2-Ball White hot 

• 6 months later...

Lots of new members here! Why did you join?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Been reading MGS reviews and such for years and never knew the forums existed. I joined up because I wanted a place to discuss golf and the two sports talk groups I'm in as well as the Arkansas Razorbacks forums never really talk about golf. I do know a lot of folks in the Razorbacks forums play golf so I'm gonna make a post over there telling everyone about the MGS forums. 

Carter the Silver Fox

PSX_20231214_192649.jpg.aebe9fac8a381499f3eba7dcb387a3bf.jpg Ping g400 - Driver, 3w, 7w, 4h

PSX_20231214_192616.png.8617e3838f8e076e5f8589adeda429f0.png Mizuno CLK 5H/MP-18 irons

PSX_20231214_192537.png.23ec9b7c1971db968afd3a07d3b37884.png Edel wedges and putter

I knew about MGS before I knew about the forum. I enjoyed the data-driven analysis and testing that MGS does and when I noticed the forum link on the site, I checked it out. I always like a place where I can chat with other people about stuff I enjoy and share stories, opinions, experiences, etc. Sadly, when I joined the forum wasn't exactly like it is now. So I stopped coming. Earlier this year a testing opportunity brought me back and I found a completely different forum than I had found a few years back. It was heavily engaged, there wasn't any belittling or "hate" speak like other golf forums many know of, and I found a great place I could engage in. I've done so ever since.

No I'm on the forum more than I am the main MGS site. I enjoy the heck out of this forum and the people in it.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I joined to have a place to nerd out about golf with folks. My experiences with most users has been very positive however I find myself taking relatively lengthy breaks from this forum between waning interest in the pro game with LIV and the rollback and some users souring the experience a bit.

But overall I enjoy this forum when I use it. Unfortunately not much opportunity for testing or equipment giveaways as a Canadian user but I appreciate the opportunities the MGS forum affords it's users nonetheless.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

7 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I joined to have a place to nerd out about golf with folks. My experiences with most users has been very positive however I find myself taking relatively lengthy breaks from this forum between waning interest in the pro game with LIV and the rollback and some users souring the experience a bit.

But overall I enjoy this forum when I use it. Unfortunately not much opportunity for testing or equipment giveaways as a Canadian user but I appreciate the opportunities the MGS forum affords it's users nonetheless.

I get the whole pro golf stuff. It's exhausting and makes me want to get away from golf a bit, but the gear and tech always has me drooling for more.

As someone who grew up in Canada and now lives in Europe and is a lefty I get that not all opportunities are available for worldwide. We work pretty darn hard to get them to be, but also are not going to turn down an opportunity if they don't make it available to all. 

I was pretty happy this year with having do many worldwide, including some bigger ones. Keep involved and stay tuned, we are building the 2024 calendar and there will be ample opportunities once again (not as many as this year... It was a bit crazy this season and truthfully our testing pool ran quite thin) however still will likely have roughly 200 testers for next season.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Why?  I found some threads on a google search once.. they intrigued me.  Intrigued me enough to actually register for the forum.

Now the forum itself... yeah.. the UI/UX experience is... not err great.  At least the search function is competent. 

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

It popped up on my google homepage one morning about a test, then started looking around the site some more and enjoyed seeing all of the data and sharing of information amongst the group.  Great group of people on here!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I joined to find out more about the equipment aspect of the game, what equipment everyone else was using and why they picked those clubs or that ball. Then I found out about the chance to test different types of equipment and I was wondering if I would ever get an opportunity, and I did. I got to test the craftsman head covers and it was a really fun opportunity. This forum is really great, keep up the good work guys. 

Frank musolino 

Why I joined when I interested in new equipment when I googled it myspy forum plus n play would always pop up I would read equipment myspy has a lots of good advice n wanted to b a tester to really c how good there equipment was n from different amateur people just like me lots of big names brand equipment is from pros not amateurs so I like the myspy forum 

Cecil Williams 

As with most, I joined for what the average Joe had to say about equipment options. The added information derived from hard testing as well as the subjective offerings of different golfers of different playing ability has been enlightening. 
   But the lottery prize has been the friendliness and support of other golfers on the forum. The different geographical areas lived and played in, as well as unique courses that the vast majority of us have never heard of, is just one of many bonuses of the forum. Thank you to all.