Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Why did you join MGS?

ole gray

Well It was was by accident,  as I was asked by a company to review their hitting mat with a return of credit to their store. When I was done doing the review, MGS showed up on my news feed . So I joined ( only one I follow) , may I say this is a great place as we are all from different places and abilities. I have learned alot about golf that I wouldn't have known and enjoy the peoples experience and knowledge!

Edited by Alan Scalzi
Bad grammar!

Alan Scalzi 

MGS kept popping up in searches I was doing for info, reviews, etc concerning Golf. They seem to be honest reviews by golfers, not salesman.  So here I am and totally satisfied with any and all results,  even if I don't agree. I think we have forgotten, everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they are wrong🤣. The civility on this site is awesome. Thanks to everyone posting here!!!

Pars & Birdies!

4 hours ago, Maverick said:

MGS kept popping up in searches I was doing for info, reviews, etc concerning Golf. They seem to be honest reviews by golfers, not salesman.  So here I am and totally satisfied with any and all results,  even if I don't agree. I think we have forgotten, everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they are wrong🤣. The civility on this site is awesome. Thanks to everyone posting here!!!

Hey wait, I’m a salesman. 🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

After returning to golf in 2023 I started looking for equipment reviews other than those driven and posted by the OEM's.  MGS kept popping up during the searches, so I decided to check it out. Found the forum and was hooked as the diverse but respectful opinions were honest and impartial. This site is populated by those with a love for the game regardless of experience and skill level. It is refreshing to hear others sharing like experiences, good and not so good, with the community. The opportunities to test new product are definitely an added bonus, however, the shared knowledge and experience are, for me, the key elements of the forum. 

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I get the whole pro golf stuff. It's exhausting and makes me want to get away from golf a bit, but the gear and tech always has me drooling for more.

As someone who grew up in Canada and now lives in Europe and is a lefty I get that not all opportunities are available for worldwide. We work pretty darn hard to get them to be, but also are not going to turn down an opportunity if they don't make it available to all. 

I was pretty happy this year with having do many worldwide, including some bigger ones. Keep involved and stay tuned, we are building the 2024 calendar and there will be ample opportunities once again (not as many as this year... It was a bit crazy this season and truthfully our testing pool ran quite thin) however still will likely have roughly 200 testers for next season.

Yeah, my interest in golf has never been as low as it has been as a result of the stupidity of what's happening at the pro level. Unfortunately the gear and tech side is what I am alluding to when saying some users soured the experience a bit. But as mentioned, overall I find things to be positive in terms of my experiences here.

It's all good. I don't play/practice enough right now to do any proper testing justice anyway. Glad there are some more global opportunities coming up but it's cool to have these opportunities anyways, even if limited to the US.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 12:55 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Came for the reviews and all the other great content. Still relatively new, but really can't beat this site and all it offers!

Thank you MGS

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The why I joined hasn't changed. The reason I stay is because of this amazing community we have built here!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Why?  I wish I could remember but I was probably browsing golf websites and thought, why not?

That was 7 years ago in May so while I can’t recall what I ate for lunch yesterday, there’s no recollection of what led me here.

7 years of some amazing people…

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I joined because as I was getting back into golf last year, I realized that I needed an active community for tips and conversations about golf. I have a lot of friends that play, but currently I'm #1 on the leaderboard for full-blown golf psychosis and I needed more than they could give me. Where else could I go to complain about a driver that's less than 6 months old and have people fully on board with the decision to buy a new one? 😂

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

43 minutes ago, Big moose said:

For the love of GOD man, it's golf.

I just read that as Bones from Star Trek.. 😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

My only regret is not finding MGS earlier…but so glad that I have!  My joining may have created a gold addiction, but it gives me an excuse to practice/play.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

5 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

My only regret is not finding MGS earlier…but so glad that I have!  My joining may have created a gold addiction, but it gives me an excuse to practice/play.

Definitely true…but I’d also say that the best is yet to come 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Definitely true…but I’d also say that the best is yet to come 🙂

Couldn’t agree more…I only have around 5.5 years to catch you, but I’ll get there one day!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

• 1 month later...

Tons of new members and I am guessing most joined due to testing opportunities (I know I did when I first joined) - Anyone else join for testing or what was your reason for joining the forum?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Tons of new members and I am guessing most joined due to testing opportunities (I know I did when I first joined) - Anyone else join for testing or what was your reason for joining the forum?

I’m curious to see the next forum update to see the growth numbers…seems like there has been quite a jump recently in the number of new names I see posting.  Love to see it!

Just shows that the MGS team is doing a great job overall!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

9 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I’m curious to see the next forum update to see the growth numbers…seems like there has been quite a jump recently in the number of new names I see posting.  Love to see it!

Just shows that the MGS team is doing a great job overall!

About 2k new members this month 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

At first testing opportunities, but I get it now. This is a community of like minded golf fans.

Driver - Taylormade M4 9.5 degree adjusted to 10.5 Fujikura Atmos 5s

3-wood - Cobra Speedzone (All-time Top 5 Club)

5-wood - Taylormade Sim Max 2 D

4 Hybrid - Taylormade M4

5-PW Irons - Cobra Radspeed KHS shafts

Wedges - 52 Vokey sm6, 56 Wilson Staff full face, 60 Vokey sm8, 

Putter - Cleveland Huntington Soft Beach Premier 11s with a counter weight Superstroke grip

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I was new to forums in general when I joined, I didn't know anything about testing, I joined as I was looking to replace all my equipment (which I have done) and MGS helped confirm some of my purchase choices.

committed to performance excellence

I joined a different group first because it claimed to have more members and more activity. But what I learned a couple of things about the group. First, it had a lot fewer active members so it was the same voices all of the time. Second, it was a bit of an echo chamber in that everyone agreed with the moderator and if you didn’t, then it was taken pretty personally by folks and you’d get flamed. Life is too short for that.

I’ve always enjoyed other aspects of MGS, but didn’t really pay much attention to the forum. So I started paying more attention to this group. While still a fairly new member, this group seems much more helpful, collaborative, and knowledgeable. I also find the testing threads to be really interesting.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

I joined MGS after I learned about their golf ball testing. I used to pick up any ball that was in my bag, or any decent ball that was on sale. Rarely played the Titleist Pro V1 or V1X because I told myself I couldn't afford them.

I work on the grounds of a golf course where I find so many balls. Most of them are on a catch and release program, I give particular brands to guys I work and play with. I keep all the pristine Pro V1's and V1X's for myself. 

After the MGS continued ball testing and the fact that Titleist is the most consistent, high performance ball, I will play nothing else ever again.

Now that I've been on the forums, I've found like minded people and the opportunity to provide some of my perspective to others who have questions or comments. 

I have put my name in for many product tests now and over time, as I build my own post and + numbers, maybe that will happen for me. For now, I chime in when there is something that interests me.

FORE!

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 53 years now. Still love it!

Callaway Guy

Rogue driver Reg shaft

Big Bertha 3 Metal

Callaway X-Hot Pro Hybrids 16 and 20 degree

Apex Pro Irons Graphite Shafts 4-A 

Callaway Mac Daddy 56 and 58 degree wedges 

Kayson Mallet 34" putter

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

I joined initially for the equipment reviews when I was getting back into the game. Found it a great place for a diversity of opinions and views, as well as great testing opportunities

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

I joined initially for the equipment reviews when I was getting back into the game. Found it a great place for a diversity of opinions and views, as well as great testing opportunities

Yeah, this website is 2nd to none IMO.

Even the layout and structure is fantastic...before you even get to the stellar articles and reviews, again before you even get to the amazing forums that are a wealth of knowledge for all levels and extremely welcoming just like golfers in real life(rare online these days).

Easy to navigate here and straight forward to digest the in-depth information, the articles, testing, and break downs thay are digestible for all levels.

Cheers.

Cheers.

I joined for the equipment reviews by everyday golfers of various skill levels. This is at least somewhat hypocritical on my part.. While I really, really  enjoy the subjective views of those doing reviews and not being totally relent on objective data… I absolutely detest what I consider golf’s hierarchy interjecting subjectivity into rules, handicaps, and equipment…This might just be me flashing back to the 60’s and “ Raging against the man “…😇
  I have stay engaged with MGS because of the online relationships built and made with many fellow spies. Also, the mods/staffs keep enhancing the forum in a variety of ways, making MGS the go to golf forum site. 

2 words… Golf community 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test