Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Open Championship

Shankster

Phenomenal golfer.... I'll give him that.

- Alan

Same, I recognize his skill, I just don't cheer for him. Kinda like growing up and not liking Michael Jordan -- he's always beating the teams/players I'm rooting for. 

Solid round for Brooks in those tough conditions, hope he keeps it up!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I like all of the kids currently playing, including Speith because they are the future of the tour and play some darn good golf.   But personally, I pull for Rickie Fowler because I want to see him get that major monkey off his back.   A monkey that is no longer on Speith's back.  

Thing is, I cannot disagree with anything in your posting.   Sometimes, I wonder if Bubba's frontal lope will ever be fully developed.

I love Rickie! All these young guys are nice and I get a kick out of watching them go for it every week! Back when it was Phil or Tiger, it felt like you had to kinda be in one camp or the other but these days it's just fun to watch all these amazing young golfers get after it!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

C'mon! He hasn't had any on course issues in over a year and the few times he's been mad, he didn't behave any worse than dozens of other older and more, "mature" competitors on the tour! He always comes off as nice and humble in interviews and did you see him with his sister at the US Open? How can you not root that kid!

Look at the bad man, mercilessly teasing his poor, sister who has special needs!

Yeah. Good guy. Just doesn't masked me want to watch like others I've mentioned

- Alan

Fleetwood might be my new favorite, the guy is so charismatic out there. Shot shaper. Underestimated for sure.

I like where the game is going, lots of fun stuff. But we need a rivialry.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

When I see the influx of young players on both sides of the pond, I see some very entertaining Ryder Cups in the future.

Yeah. Good guy. Just doesn't masked me want to watch like others I've mentioned

- Alan

I hear you but Spieth is growing on me I gotta say. Couldnt find much that had me wanting to get behind any of them as my litmus test is Jack for what greatness can do. Sure, there is only one Jack. But thats the point. Its something to ponder when these guys are good enough to be No1 for only weeks or months at a time, or its win or something not close to it. This week all the misses and just bad shots are there to see and I truly think the smash and chase game is on display where it is not the way it is done. Many might try to retool for the British but to golf your ball is becoming a different thing from what the US Pga does. Dont get me wrong, give me 300+ and a 180 seven iron or whatever and Ide be all about it too.

Then add in the money. Millionaires dont have to "work". We would give one of the family jewels to be there but it is work to these guys because it is their j-o-b. Passion aside, to not have to work for the need of more money surely plays a part in it.

"Good" on tour is already set for life.

If Spieth can pull this off, especially after his crash and burn at the Masters that had to hang around for quite some time, he is the one to watch from here on out imho. He has a game that others dont is what Im seeing, and the "greats" were great because they could roll the rock when it mattered.

Rickie has to much hype he has to live up to thus far and the rest (DJ ?) have to manage it when the smash and chase fails. Brooks might be a new breed. Time will tell...

I hear you but Spieth is growing on me I gotta say. Couldnt find much that had me wanting to get behind any of them as my litmus test is Jack for what greatness can do. Sure, there is only one Jack. But thats the point. Its something to ponder when these guys are good enough to be No1 for only weeks or months at a time, or its win or something not close to it. This week all the misses and just bad shots are there to see and I truly think the smash and chase game is on display where it is not the way it is done. Many might try to retool for the British but to golf your ball is becoming a different thing from what the US Pga does. Dont get me wrong, give me 300+ and a 180 seven iron or whatever and Ide be all about it too.

Then add in the money. Millionaires dont have to "work". We would give one of the family jewels to be there but it is work to these guys because it is their j-o-b. Passion aside, to not have to work for the need of more money surely plays a part in it.

"Good" on tour is already set for life.

If Spieth can pull this off, especially after his crash and burn at the Masters that had to hang around for quite some time, he is the one to watch from here on out imho. He has a game that others dont is what Im seeing, and the "greats" were great because they could roll the rock when it mattered.

Rickie has to much hype he has to live up to thus far and the rest (DJ ?) have to manage it when the smash and chase fails. Brooks might be a new breed. Time will tell...

I got you. There is only one everyone right? He is great. And pulls off some better than you know who shots. But he is rather dull otherwise. I know golf has changed, but all the high fiving, best buds thing is too MTV like for me. I want a rivialry, Spieth and "Fill in the blank" or something.

Last year the Phil and Henrik duel... that was golf. They have respect for each other but there wasn't a bunch of your my bro man stuff. Just damn good golf.

- Alan

My stance on pro athletes for all sports is I want to watch those who do super human things. I don't like Spieth because he doesn't do anything amazing, just a lot of things very well.

Is he really good? Sure. But there's zero entertainment factor for me. Thus I'll never cheer for him.

He's golf's cross between Tim Duncan (boring but strong fundamentals) and Tim Tebow (gee willakers look how wholesome I am)

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

The millennials don't think about rivalry stuff though. Rahm might be the only one that could get a rivalry going but I think that would be because of the recent rules judgments. These kids don't have a reason to beat the stuffing out of the next guy when they've played golf against each other since they are kids. They see each other as friends first and competitors second.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My stance on pro athletes for all sports is I want to watch those who do super human things. I don't like Spieth because he doesn't do anything amazing, just a lot of things very well.

Is he really good? Sure. But there's zero entertainment factor for me. Thus I'll never cheer for him.

He's golf's cross between Tim Duncan (boring but strong fundamentals) and Tim Tebow (gee willakers look how wholesome I am)

I hate... hate them comparing him to Miller and Seve... all friggin day long.

- Alan

If you can stream YouTube on your TV you can watch the coverage from today

IMG_20170721_182751588_HDR.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

If you can stream YouTube on your TV you can watch the coverage from today

attachicon.gifIMG_20170721_182751588_HDR.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

What do you think you would shoot?

I'm thinking I'd be about 40 over after 2 rounds... A couple of 90s...

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

What do you think you would shoot?

I'm thinking I'd be about 40 over after 2 rounds... A couple of 90s...

I can't count that high

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Lol I'd love to believe I could keep it under 100 with the setup now, but I need good weather lol.

Otherwise I'm pushing 110s

The course requires to much accuracy and I'm not good enough to come out of the rough like they can with the ability to advance the ball as far as you need to go to save par

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

If I broke 100 around that course in Open set up I would be beside myself with joy!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Wait... what? You mean amazing like holing out from a bunker to win a tournament? Like he did a few weeks ago? For the second time! The guys drops bombs on the putting green like nobody's business and his short game in general is next level. Watch more Spieth!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

The millennials don't think about rivalry stuff though. Rahm might be the only one that could get a rivalry going but I think that would be because of the recent rules judgments. These kids don't have a reason to beat the stuffing out of the next guy when they've played golf against each other since they are kids. They see each other as friends first and competitors second.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think this makes perfect sense.

I got you. There is only one everyone right? He is great. And pulls off some better than you know who shots. But he is rather dull otherwise. I know golf has changed, but all the high fiving, best buds thing is too MTV like for me. I want a rivialry, Spieth and "Fill in the blank" or something.

Last year the Phil and Henrik duel... that was golf. They have respect for each other but there wasn't a bunch of your my bro man stuff. Just damn good golf.

- Alan

I cant disagree. Dull with all the we, us, team stuff for non individual speak these guys grew up with wears thin for sure.

I had hoped Jason Day might be the guy to stay close to the top and playing that way to bring back exactly that good golf you point to.

If its Spieth who's always there some one is going to have step up and join him. Dont see anyone who fits the bill yet while Rahm is said to be there. Otherwise Majors could be very bland affairs or even brofests if his man pals show up off and on. New and first time winners might be the way it is now, and bookies love golf today like never before.

Wait... what? You mean amazing like holing out from a bunker to win a tournament? Like he did a few weeks ago? For the second time! The guys drops bombs on the putting green like nobody's business and his short game in general is next level. Watch more Spieth!

His win in extra holes in Hartford was pretty good.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yep, his chip in on ten Friday was, well, amazing. Major conditions and keeping the round going when on top of the board speaks volumes. And the skill of Spieth might not be able to be denied anymore if he pulls this off. Didnt pick him at all but Im on the back of the Jordan train this week. He seems to have a bad round in him every week and if that hurdle is overcome here Top Dog status is all his in my book.

Funny thing about JS is that he's played well tee to green but couldn't get his putter going...once that starts working (as it is this week) watch out.

He doesn't do anything spectacular he's just good at everything.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

When Speith won the Masters didn't he set some sort of total scoring record which tied Tiger's low scoring Master's tournament record.  Pretty frigging amazing to take all those other boys to the woodshed during that win. Actually if he had made that last putt he would have set the all time scoring record at Augusta.   

With that said he's not my horse because I'm more into the Boo Weekly and Dustin Johnson camp. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Tommy played really well and Jason Day came back again.. DJ is making a run too, so this thing is getting very interesting.....

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

2 and a half feet for 62! Wow

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived