Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

{article} Tiger Woods decides to be his own swing coach

STUDque

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/21848426/tiger-woods-parts-ways-chris-como-own-swing-coach

web1_ap16335572584709_7498677.jpg

Oh boy. Just when I thought was on the right track, he goes and does something like this.

Maybe I'll end up eating my words (and hopefully I do), but this seems like just another event for him getting in his own way.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Makes me think: he's had MANY different swings. How does he focus on just ONE, and one that's good for his body?!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I look at it the other way, who knows his swing better than him?  Who knows what is painful or not better than him?

I'd rather see him adjust his own swing to play pain free than have a coach try to get him back in to positions that could potentially cause further injury.

He also never said he wouldn't have another coach down the road, but for now this is his best move.  I'm not looking at this as a bad thing.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I read Haney's book, "The Big Miss", ac while back and from what I gathered in there .. if you are to accept Haney's words .. is that Tiger was not always 100% receptive to his various coaches' instructions and kinda did things his own way, anyway.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

If he studies himself enough with video I think he will be fine, I kind of think Tiger knows a thing or two about his own swing. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Arnie said swing your swing.  Good on Tiger for doing things his way.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I get the fact that he knows himself better than anyone else. I just worry that he'll struggle to maintain consistency over the long haul. I feel like that's the biggest task for coaches. They're there to notice new things that creep in and establish standard routines to keep changes ingrained.

I'm sure Tiger will play well early but I'd expect him to taper off as the season progresses.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Get this out at the start, I've said plenty before I'm not a big Tiger fan, (I don't root against him though). I haven't read up on this or anything but as an untrained amateur armchair analyst I don't know if this is a hurt or help situation. He could be feeling fine with where he is and perhaps decided he doesn't wanna mess with anything or he could be doing overhaul again in which case I agree that it's a bad move. I'm still in the group that doesn't see him winning anything big anymore but I do retract previous thoughts of him never being competitive again.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Agree with yall. Tiger knows tiger and can figure things out.

He has plenty of video data to reference lol

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I'm betting he will have another swing coach at some point. He's probably still figuring out how to swing without hurting himself and generate the power to play at the highest level.

After he has a feel for what he can and can't do, he'll likely find someone to keep him in tune, so to speak. That's just speculation on my part, but it it makes sense to me.

I personally like this. I think he will know what hurts and what to do to avoid that.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/21848426/tiger-woods-parts-ways-chris-como-own-swing-coach

web1_ap16335572584709_7498677.jpg

Oh boy. Just when I thought was on the right track, he goes and does something like this.

Maybe I'll end up eating my words (and hopefully I do), but this seems like just another event for him getting in his own way.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I actual think this a good thing - Im sure Chris is a quick text or phone call way - Tiger knows his body and swing - I think its a great idea - will see

Bags

If he studies himself enough with video I think he will be fine, I kind of think Tiger knows a thing or two about his own swing.

bottom line any avid golfer has seen his swing on vid and knows his faults - again Never Give unsolicited swing advice EVER - go Tiger

Bags

I believe Tiger will be fine. He knows enough about Golf and himsel to figure it out. I look forward to seeing him compete against the new wave

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Swing coach or not, management team or not, Tiger's biggest issue is Tiger- Before the "fall" Tiger had an aura of invincibility- and he carried that swagger everywhere, but where it counted most was on Sundays- if he was in the hunt, it seemed as though every other player knew, and played like they knew they were being stalked (see what I did there.. a tiger stalking his prey...)... Anyway, after the fall, he recognizes his own vulnerability, and it shows on the course and off.   His opponents know he is beat-able, and don't have the same "peeking over their shoulder" concerns as they once did.  I believe this was as much of Tiger's game as the ability to pull off some remarkable shots.  But when you have confidence you can visualize those shots and make them happen, vice the mere mortals who punch out to the middle of the fairway and settle for bogey...

That mental state, that confidence, and the aura of invincibility is the part of Tiger's game that, unfortunately, will never return....

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

• 5 months later...

Can't blame him. He knows his limits with his back. By this time in his game he should know his swing. Granted everyone can benefit from right swing coach. I think he could still use a little help here and there but nothing drastic. Work with what he has vs try to change him completely

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Based upon what I have read about his various back surgeries, I think his body is shot. I hope it all works for him as I think he makes the world of golf more interesting but I am not optimistic. In the end and the bottom line is that I don't think his problems can be fixed by coaching relative to winning majors.

Driver Taylor Made M2 Ping G 3 wood 14.5 loftPing G hybrid 19Hogan Radial 3-PW(forged circa 1989)Evnroll ER2, Golf bag, old and worn out circa 1989

Archived