Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MY REVIEW - Golf Gloves [HIRZL, BIONIC, G FORE , Mac Wet!]

puttingpirate

So - as in the topic - I went through A LOT of golf gloves. So here is my subjective opinion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO0nf0-BA-y

jyvbFc6.jpg

Most OEM's like Ping, Callaway, FJ - I've never been a massive fan. They never fit me very well.

I'll focus on the 4 that stick out for me.

HIRZL - ( http://www.hirzl.com/index.php/en/golf-en)  not sure if you know the brand; but I used them before in other sports so thought I'll give them a chance.

They run a little big to their size, so my usual M/L was rather big - so I went for an M. Fit was good, they're rather on the 'thicker' side thanks to the Kangaroo -grip- leather. It also has a bit of a rubbery feel to it, so depending on whenever you like it or not it may be the best thing since sliced bread ... or not :) 

I thought I'll note that they do grip pretty well when wet too - which for me in the UK is a big deal.

They last for a very, very long time.

BIONIC GOLF - ( http://www.bionicgloves.com/product/3203) - Run true to size (M/L for me). I've had a wrist injury so I found it as additional support to practice during my recovery. Only the Performance one is USGA conforming. 

Talk about THICK golf glove :) They have special 'ridges' to help hold the grip and promote a 'light' grip. It also promotes a way later release, so it may be a suitable glove for those with early release issues.  For me - as I don't really have any issues with grip - I lost quite a bit of feel, and produced a lot of pushes. And I ended up gripping with much more force as a result of the thickness/lack of feeling for the grip.

They're definitely something to try out if you haven't - as it can tremendously help your game.

They also last forever. A LOT longer than regular glove.

G/Fore - ( https://www.gfore.com/men-shop/men-s-collection-glove-4188.html) Those are super thin, super well fitting gloves. Run true to size again, and even feel 'tight' but after a few shots they're like second skin. They are in a lot of different colours - the problem with it is that they tend to run. So if you don't want to have a purple hand after a round - i'd advise against them :) They're also pretty useless with moisture. Like all Cabaretta gloves I guess. and if you have a tendency of putting your gloves into your bag straight after a round - they will be ruined as they become hard and uncomfortable. Let it air dry on the side of your bag.

They don't last super long ( around 15-20 rounds for me)  and are on the more expensive side. But the quality is amazing.

On a side note - the customer service and buying G/FORE stuff in the UK directly from them is an utterly s*** experience :) 

MACWET - ( https://www.glenmuir.com/catalogue/macwet-gloves-pairs/) Love those. For dry conditions, especially when super cold and I need to wear 2 gloves those are my goto. In the rain - they're not the greatest, but they hold up OK. They have amazing feeling, are super comfortable and would be my glove of choice if not the price (£30) and the fact they they last around 10 rounds (that's around 3 weeks for me).

Hope you enjoyed the little read-through! :)

So - as in the topic - I went through A LOT of golf gloves. So here is my subjective opinion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO0nf0-BA-y

jyvbFc6.jpg

Most OEM's like Ping, Callaway, FJ - I've never been a massive fan. They never fit me very well.

HIRZL - ( http://www.hirzl.com/index.php/en/golf-en) not sure if you know the brand; but I used them before in other sports so thought I'll give them a chance.

They run a little big to their size, so my usual M/L was rather big - so I went for an M. Fit was good, they're rather on the 'thicker' side thanks to the Kangaroo -grip- leather. It also has a bit of a rubbery feel to it, so depending on whenever you like it or not it may be the best thing since sliced bread ... or not :)

I thought I'll note that they do grip pretty well when wet too - which for me in the UK is a big deal.

They last for a very, very long time.

BIONIC GOLF - ( http://www.bionicgloves.com/product/3203) - Run true to size (M/L for me). I've had a wrist injury so I found it as additional support to practice during my recovery. Only the Performance one is USGA conforming.

Talk about THICK golf glove :) They have special 'ridges' to help hold the grip and promote a 'light' grip. It also promotes a way later release, so it may be a suitable glove for those with early release issues. For me - as I don't really have any issues with grip - I lost quite a bit of feel, and produced a lot of pushes. And I ended up gripping with much more force as a result of the thickness/lack of feeling for the grip.

They're definitely something to try out if you haven't - as it can tremendously help your game.

They also last forever. A LOT longer than regular glove.

G/Fore - ( https://www.gfore.com/men-shop/men-s-collection-glove-4188.html) Those are super thin, super well fitting gloves. Run true to size again, and even feel 'tight' but after a few shots they're like second skin. They are in a lot of different colours - the problem with it is that they tend to run. So if you don't want to have a purple hand after a round - i'd advise against them :) They're also pretty useless with moisture. Like all Cabaretta gloves I guess. and if you have a tendency of putting your gloves into your bag straight after a round - they will be ruined as they become hard and uncomfortable. Let it air dry on the side of your bag.

They don't last super long ( around 15-20 rounds for me) and are on the more expensive side. But the quality is amazing.

On a side note - the customer service and buying G/FORE stuff in the UK directly from them is an utterly s*** experience :)

MACWET - ( https://www.glenmuir.com/catalogue/macwet-gloves-pairs/) Love those. For dry conditions, especially when super cold and I need to wear 2 gloves those are my goto. In the rain - they're not the greatest, but they hold up OK. They have amazing feeling, are super comfortable and would be my glove of choice if not the price (£30) and the fact they they last around 10 rounds (that's around 3 weeks for me).

Nice post. I'm a very big fan of Hirzl but they're nowhere to be found in the US now. Not sure what's going on with them. I was fortunate to pick up a pair of Kakadu gloves when I was in Australia earlier this year. They wear as long if not longer than Hirzl and are made of kangaroo leather as well. However be forewarned they run a full size smaller. So my typical XL needs to be a XXL. They don't have a store in the US, however, for about $8. USD they'll ship from Australia. Both Hirzl and Kakadu wear 2-3 times longer than regular gloves.

I've also used Bionic, they do last a bit longer than other traditional gloves like FJ, but I do find the palm (which is padded) on a couple of gloves I had wore through quickly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Nice post. I'm a very big fan of Hirzl but they're nowhere to be found in the US. Not sure what's going on with them. I was fortunate to pick up a pair of Kakadu gloves when I was in Australia earlier this year. They wear as long if not longer than Hirzl and are made of kangaroo leather as well. However be forewarned they run a full size smaller. So my typical XL needs to be a XXL. They don't have a store in the US, however, for about $8. USD they'll ship from Australia.

Hey Tony, thanks!

I'd suggest ebay. I dont think anyone would bother counterfeiting them to be honest. Had a quick look for you and there is an abundance of them on your side of the pond :)

jyvbFc6.jpg

Awesome! Stuff like this is why I love this site! I also am a Hirzl fan. They're really good, IMO.

Might have tried the G/Fore; now, I'll pass. Probably would have NEVER tried a Bionic. Now, I'll most likely give one a go!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I've tried a lot of golf gloves and the Bionic Relaxed Fit is my jam. I love it. I only need to replace them if I get in the mood for a new glove but they fit a consistent size over the course of multiple seasons of use.

I've even got 2 still in my bag (in addition to the gamer) as back up gloves in case things get wet.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Hey Tony, thanks!

I'd suggest ebay. I dont think anyone would bother counterfeiting them to be honest. Had a quick look for you and there is an abundance of them on your side of the pond :)

Tried eBay and just about every other site. You can find odd sizes like small or cadet, but if you're a lefty in an XL there's no hope. What I also find strange is that there is no distributor for them (now) in the US.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Tried eBay and just about every other site. You can find odd sizes like small or cadet, but if you're a lefty in an XL there's no hope. What I also find strange is that there is no distributor for them (now) in the US.

I've reached out to them, maybe they can point you in the right direction!

Awesome! Stuff like this is why I love this site! I also am a Hirzl fan. They're really good, IMO.

Might have tried the G/Fore; now, I'll pass. Probably would have NEVER tried a Bionic. Now, I'll most likely give one a go!

Thanks!!

Thanks! I have not been playing for long, but I've struggled so much trying to find equipment and clothing I like... Most reviews are useless (for me at least). So I hope mine will help someone even a little :)

There is A LOT more coming lol so stay tuned! :) Especially clothing! 

I've tried a lot of golf gloves and the Bionic Relaxed Fit is my jam. I love it. I only need to replace them if I get in the mood for a new glove but they fit a consistent size over the course of multiple seasons of use.

I've even got 2 still in my bag (in addition to the gamer) as back up gloves in case things get wet.

Hah! Unfortunately not USGA approved, and I play with huge sticklers :( 

And yes, they do last forever. Mine lasted me ~3 months or so (40 rounds?).

They came through and said their new distributor is: 

https://www.zeit4golf.com:-) And they have lefty XL's ! :) 

Thanks!!

15-20 rounds is way too long!

I use a gloves for 4-5 rounds max then i chuck it, once the softness and tackiness is gone so is the glove..

so durability isn't really important.

Srixon zstar is my favourite...

15-20 rounds is way too long!

I use a gloves for 4-5 rounds max then i chuck it, once the softness and tackiness is gone so is the glove..

so durability isn't really important.

Srixon zstar is my favourite...

Well, the Bionics don't really lose softness / tackiness. 

I also play 3/4 times a week, so changing gloves that often would mean what, an extra $1000 a year on gloves? :-) 

Thanks! I have not been playing for long, but I've struggled so much trying to find equipment and clothing I like... Most reviews are useless (for me at least). So I hope mine will help someone even a little :)

There is A LOT more coming lol so stay tuned! :) Especially clothing!

Hah! Unfortunately not USGA approved, and I play with huge sticklers :(

And yes, they do last forever. Mine lasted me ~3 months or so (40 rounds?).

I didn't know USGA had regulations on gloves. Welp, I guess all my rounds are illegal because I love the Bionic.

Am willing to try the Hizrl if I can find one of the wild colors at a good price.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

They came through and said their new distributor is:

https://www.zeit4golf.com:-) And they have lefty XL's ! :)

Just checked their site they're sold out on XL RH gloves.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

For those looking for some Hirzl gloves, Rock Bottom golf has some.  Might be able to find some coupons for free shipping to help with the cost.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just checked their site they're sold out on XL RH gloves.

Talked to someone in-house, said gloves coming through customs so check back next Friday.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Talked to someone in-house, said gloves coming through customs so check back next Friday.

Cool! thanks Kieldog.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of the hirzl gloves. Things are indestructible and are the best glove for sweaty hands/hot humid summers I've used, no comparison really.

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Still waiting for Zeit4golf to update their inventory. No RH XL gloves yet.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I need to check a few of those out. My top two gloves so far, from what I've tried are Bionic Relax and MG Golf. I loved the Bionic, so comfy and good quality. I accidentally picked up the wrong one once (can't remember the model) but it was so bulky in the fingers that I couldn't use it, just felt weird.

As far as MG Golf goes, they're so affordable! They're surprisingly good quality as well, so I will be buying those for a while.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Archived