Wedgie

Grilling

we're not huge on outside BBQ's here in the UK mostly due to our unpredictable cold and wet weather.

One thing I have noticed over the years is no matter who in the household is the main cook it's usually the man who does the BBQ even if they don't cook at any other time of the year in house!

We have a relative who's old school chauvinistic but insists on doing a BBQ when we do get a few days sun. Without fail the hygiene is appalling, the cooking badly done (either under done or burnt) and the risk of a tummy upset VERY high. He fed my dog some 'bits that fell on the floor' and she was sick all the way home.

Salmonella sausages anyone? or botulism in a bun? 🤮🤮

On saying all that, the pics above look very nice indeed but I think you guys all do it properly.

• Like 1

The great thing with BBQs and Smokers now are the ability to control the heat properly and with the addition of Bluetooth temperature prods you can really make sure everything is cooked to proper temp and that it’s gets out of the dangerous temperature in proper time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Made some smoked pork sandwiches for dinner tonight. My wife made garlic toast from buns from a local bakery.

IMG_20190104_171841.jpg

Nicely done! YUM!!!!

• Like 1

Anybody here every try a sous vide machine? I just picked one up.. the steaks I've made with it could be life altering.. try it if you haven't! 125° and then flash sear on the grill @ 900°.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

6 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Anybody here every try a sous vide machine? I just picked one up.. the steaks I've made with it could be life altering.. try it if you haven't! 125° and then flash sear on the grill @ 900°.

I sous vide all my steaks now. Finish in a cast iron with garlic and butter to get that crust. Perfect medium rare every time!

• Like 5

I’ve been wanting to check one of those out but I don’t eat steaks too frequently

I’ve been wanting to check one of those out but I don’t eat steaks too frequently

Oh the world of sous vide is more broad than just steaks. Pork chops ,chicken, veggies. Yesterday I made perfect poached eggs in the shell. So awesome! And ridiculously easy

• Like 4

Tonight's dinner: mixed rib rub and flour. Dredged chicken legs in egg and breaded. Into the smoker for three hours, then deep fried. Crispy crust; smoky, fall-apart meat inside.

IMG_20190302_170618.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 3/2/2019 at 7:13 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Tonight's dinner: mixed rib rub and flour. Dredged chicken legs in egg and breaded. Into the smoker for three hours, then deep fried. Crispy crust; smoky, fall-apart meat inside.

IMG_20190302_170618.jpg

Not too bad. I have a 8 pound packer brisket due in next week. That is going to be my meal for a week. After the last move I asked my dad for a big green egg. Best gift ever.

• Like 1

Another unapologetic pitch for the Pit Barrel Cooker.  The Traeger is quick and easy, but chicken or brisket off this thing is unreal.

P1010024.jpg.f9109c7256cd2461d364b208fc121ea1.jpg

P1010025.jpg.33c4383c434c4ee469112253cb505cf3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Tonight's menu.. marinated tri tip sous vide flash seared in a cast iron pan, and smoked St Louis spares with a cacao coffee rub and homemade Chipotle blackberry BBQ sauce.. pics to come

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1

Nicely done boys.  I never thought to share my grilling, pizza cooking, smoking, sous vide stuff on here.  I only post to FB haha and videos.  I'll keep this thread in mind next time I got something good..

• Like 3

Nicely done boys.  I never thought to share my grilling, pizza cooking, smoking, sous vide stuff on here.  I only post to FB haha and videos.  I'll keep this thread in mind next time I got something good..
Welcome in brother! There are definitely some talented folks in here with some serious chops for grilling/smoking, etc.

• Like 2

Welcome in brother! There are definitely some talented folks in here with some serious chops for grilling/smoking, etc.

Lee Trevino?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoked a salmon for my wife's birthday dinner.IMG_20190712_172230.jpeg

• Like 5

Hot smoke? Give me some pointers please.

Grilled some pheasant breasts and some duck breasts up. Sorry no pictures but dang did I nail the medium rare on the duck. First time eating a ring neck drake, species of duck, and it was good not wood duck good but good.

• Like 2