Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

REVIEW Taylormade M4 D-Type REVIEW

DoylestownJeremy

Let me start with a brief introduction of myself.  I'm Jeremy from Doylestown, PA.  I started this year as a 26 handicap, and have gotten down to a 19 (as of the date I'm writing this review).  I did that by taking lessons with Dom DiJulia and Mark Walder at the DiJulia School of Golf (based out of Jericho National Golf Course), plus a ton of practice.

Now a brief introduction of my 2018:  Over the course of the past 8 months, I've learned that my slice (for my Driver) comes from a bit of an outside-in swing, coupled with striking the ball at the heel, rather than the center or toe of the driver face.  I also tend to hit down on the ball, rather thank striking upwards, causing extreme backspin on my drives.  The backspin, of course, then causes me to lose yardage.  I started the year with a Taylormade R7 460.  It was about 13 years old, and I wanted to check out the new drivers on the market. 

Among the drivers that I tested (with DiJulia's Trackman) was the Callaway Rogue, the Rogue Sub Zero, the Rogue Draw, the Titleist G400, the G400 LST, the G400 MAX, the Cobra King F8, the Taylormade M4, and the M4 D-Type.  

I can now say, for those mid to high handicappers whose problems are outside-in, heel-hitting slices, that the Taylormade M4 D-Type is a club you MUST try.  Not only am I reducing my backspin from 5,000+ to 2,500-3,000, but I've reduced my right-spin from 1,500+ to under 750 MOST of the time, and under 250R MUCH of the time.  It has taken my 60 yard slice, and turned it into a 25-30 yard slice (on the worst shots).  It has also ADDED 30-40 yards of length to my good hits where my swing plane is on-point, but it is still a heel hit.  I've gone from a good driver swing going 220-230, to eclipsing 270 on some Trackman swings.  That was UNHEARD of, even over the course of the past 8 months of lessons.  

Please, if you are looking for a driver, just give the M4 D-Type a shot.  Rent it from GlobalGolf if you are able.  You get 2 weeks with the club for just $25.  It is well worth seeing what it can do for you ON THE COURSE!

Hit'm straight!

-Jeremy  

Archived