hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i210 Irons

Cracking stage 1's fellas 👏

Haven't seen a review that even had the fedex delivery guy/gal in the pic- one excited puppy right there...and rightly so.

• Like 2

Great stage 1's guys. I have to admit, I am a *little* jealous. 

Did any of y'all see blotting or scratching upon arrival of the finish like @Har in the Hat in the I500 review. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GB13 said:

Did any of y'all see blotting or scratching upon arrival of the finish like @Har in the Hat in the I500 review. 

I didn’t see that on mine.

• Like 1

Did any of y'all see blotting or scratching upon arrival of the finish like [mention=59841]Har in the Hat[/mention] in the I500 review. 

I had a few scratches on the back of the 8 and 6 iron but I figured since I can't see it at address, it's fine. If I shelled out retail for the irons, you bet your butt they'd go right back to ping for replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Good Point TX but since it was on the face I was not to worried about it and I also don't baby my clubs. I think of the marks as battle wounds 😀😀

Some great stage 1 posts so far. Consider me sufficiently stoked for stage two and seeing if these perform as nicely as they look.

• Like 1

Lot of lefties in this round of reviews. These would be a little more my style vs the i500s so I'm curious to see how everyone makes out. 

• Like 1

Great start all. I really like the intro posts to learn more about you fellas.

• Like 1

Lot of lefties in this round of reviews. These would be a little more my style vs the i500s so I'm curious to see how everyone makes out. 
Always nice to have a few more lefties on board.
I have to admit I'm very happy I picked the i210, however after seeing the i500 stage ones I'm a tiny bit jealous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

After seeing both sets in person over the weekend I can say both have a players iron look. Regardless of tech built in and who they’re made for, both fit my eye and trust me the only irons that fit my eye are players irons. I’m not a fan of blades because I like a little forgiveness not saying they don’t look good.
I just think it’s stupid to play them unless you can wear a penny sized spot in the face of your 6,7,8,9 and pw in 1 season. I was able to accomplish this in two seasons but i still consider myself not good enough to play them. If you can’t then you’re wasting shots, time, effort and you’re not good enough to game muscle back blades.

These offerings from ping are amazing on what they claim they can do. I can’t wait until next year when maybe I can get a set on sale or maybe slightly used. I’ve had the same irons now since 2005 when I got them for graduating from college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Although I'm sure most of us testers are well along in stage 2 is there anything from anyone out there that they would like to see us cover or test while we are going through the paces?
We only have another few weeks left of golf here in Halifax so trying to make the most of the shorter days and dry days we have left!

9 hours ago, Danbrook said:

Although I'm sure most of us testers are well along in stage 2 is there anything from anyone out there that they would like to see us cover or test while we are going through the paces?
We only have another few weeks left of golf here in Halifax so trying to make the most of the shorter days and dry days we have left!

Scoring iron height & stopping power is always a big thing for me with irons. I tend to hit a lower ball which can be a problem when I'm trying to hold a green. so whenever there's an iron review, that's one area I'm always interested in. Especially if you can hit some side by side shots with the same club from the i210s and your current gamers to see how they perform. 

• Like 1

Scoring iron height & stopping power is always a big thing for me with irons. I tend to hit a lower ball which can be a problem when I'm trying to hold a green. so whenever there's an iron review, that's one area I'm always interested in. Especially if you can hit some side by side shots with the same club from the i210s and your current gamers to see how they perform. 
Sure thing! What irons are you currently using?
That is something I also was concerned with and have done a lot of work and will touch on in stage 2!

These will be the irons I compare with. I am also going to attempt at getting my brother in law's jpx ex forged for a range session to help with some "forged" feel comparisons. Ping1318.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Danbrook said:

Sure thing! What irons are you currently using?
That is something I also was concerned with and have done a lot of work and will touch on in stage 2!

Currently have the Wilson/Staff D300s in the bag. Many thanks!!

• Like 1