PXG 0811 X & XF GEN 2 Driver Thread

jlukes

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not what I was told. It’s $150 or $200, I’ve heard both and of you fo buy the price of the fitting isn’t taken off the driver

Thanks. Calling today to ask. Not sure it can beat out my M6 AD DI setup and not sure I wanna fork out the cast to see. 

PXG told me on he phone I cold hit come irons during my fitting too. The Hero’s program is what really got me interested. 

1 hour ago, Jollygreens said:

You were right. Just checked my appointment email from from PXG and it says $200 fee. 

They have “local” reps who do demo days. They are made via appointment and cost nothing. I did an iron fitting last year with the rep for this area and thinking about doing a driver fitting this year

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Oh man.  This will sell drivers.  🙂

It wasn’t a club issue but human error. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 1/2/2019 at 6:56 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

500 dollar drivers.... 😥

that being said, if I could afford it I'd have one.

I'm a veteran and, like Bob, a former Marine and certainly appreciate his ...ummm... "stance" on things.  Love that he has a program for military members to purchase his clubs at a reduced cost and I am seriously considering it....

BTW, fun fact, 0811 is a Marine Field Artillery Cannoneer.... DRIVER GO BOOM!
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/marine-corps-enlisted-job-descriptions-3345358

That is interesting.  I never made the connection that Bob Parsons was in the USMC (a Purple Heart recipient no less) and always wondered what the hell 0811 stood for... now I know 😀.  I love their latest commercial with Billy Horschel and the "kaboom baby" ending. Makes me want to join the PXG movement. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

16 hours ago, Shankster said:

Oh man.  This will sell drivers.  🙂

Umm, that's what the torx-wrench is for 🤣.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That is interesting.  I never made the connection that Bob Parsons was in the USMC (a Purple Heart recipient no less) and always wondered what the hell 0811 stood for... now I know 😀.  I love their latest commercial with Billy Horschel and the "kaboom baby" ending. Makes me want to join the PXG movement. 

Pretty sure that every club is named after a Marine Corps MOS ... type the number followed by "MOS" in Google and you'll see.... pretty creative.  The latest is the 0211 irons  - https://www.cool.navy.mil/usmc/enlisted/0211.htm

• Love 2

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

And a quick search now reveals (to me) what PXG stands for - Parsons Xtreme Golf.  I'll need to look into their irons and see which if any would fit my game.  Air Force guys should be able to play them, right? 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Did my driver fitting yesterday at PXG HQ in Scottsdale. Wow, that facility is amazing and so was my fitter Tyler. Amazing experience fir sure. Yes, the fitting is free through the Hero’s program.

I brought my TM M6 GD AD DI setup with me. After warming up with the 0211 irons (crazy good irons) we hit numerous shafts and I really wanted to be fit into a no upcharge shaft. Well, the best shaft for me was the Tensei Pro White shaft in the 0811x 10.5 head. Man that was a really good setup. It cut almost 1k spin off my driver and added about 20 yards. Mind you, I was not fit for my current setup. 

I could go go on and on about this fitting and how I treated like a king. I will be walking away with that driver - AS WELL AS A PUTTER! Yes, did a putter fitting too and the Gen2 Gunboat was MONEY!

Thank you PXG for supporting Vets and giving us a break on your pricing and allowing me to have such a great experience at your facility. Thanks Tyler!

Edited by Jollygreens
Spelling
  • Like 3