Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

For every action there ....

Har in the Hat

For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction.

One of the things I have been unsuccessful is about using the energy obtained by pushing into the ground to obtain power. It is this force applied to the ground that creates the reactionary (opposite) force that gets transmitted from the legs up to the core and then eventually to the club. 

And if I am not mistaken it is when you transition from the backswing to the downswing and at that time that you create the weight shift that you then use this energy.

I am stumped about using this energy during the transition. Or pushing off the ground??

Has anyone else heard of this or takes advantage of this?

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I can't do it at all. I've been measured on pressure plates and just don't generate power that way. But I'm a very rotational swinger with kind of a side-on release and the vertical thrust is simply not part of how I move. At least, not effectively haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

You are pretty much referring to transferring pressure from roughly split 50/50 at setup into the trail heel at the start of the takeaway and shifting the pressure into the lead heel. There’s a combo of pushing and pulling in the swing.  James Jordan on Instagram does a good job talking about the pushing aspect and tieing the trail leg and arms together.  Athletic motion golf on YouTube does a real good job on explaining the swing well 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

40 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

I can't do it at all. I've been measured on pressure plates and just don't generate power that way. But I'm a very rotational swinger with kind of a side-on release and the vertical thrust is simply not part of how I move. At least, not effectively haha.

I am with you.  I have tried this approach and it just doesn't feel natural.  I am sure that I could redo my swing to generate power this way but I would rather maintain my current swing instead of rebuilding..  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It's super simplification, but there's actually a slight squat at the beginning of the transition that allows one to load up and explode up into impact. Larry Cheung is an instructor up in Toronto and is a big proponent of the squat and rotate. Take a look at his Instagram and YouTube channel as he posts lots of great stuff on this concept. #LegsFeedTheWolf

9 hours ago, gaussman1 said:

you're not alone- many don't including some super star golfers.

Your handicap suggests what you do is just fine. 

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

22 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are pretty much referring to transferring pressure from roughly split 50/50 at setup into the trail heel at the start of the takeaway and shifting the pressure into the lead heel. There’s a combo of pushing and pulling in the swing.  James Jordan on Instagram does a good job talking about the pushing aspect and tieing the trail leg and arms together.  Athletic motion golf on YouTube does a real good job on explaining the swing well 

I'll have to look at that video. Thanks RB

21 hours ago, jlukes said:

It's super simplification, but there's actually a slight squat at the beginning of the transition that allows one to load up and explode up into impact. Larry Cheung is an instructor up in Toronto and is a big proponent of the squat and rotate. Take a look at his Instagram and YouTube channel as he posts lots of great stuff on this concept. #LegsFeedTheWolf

That is what is missing. It makes sense. The slight squat. Thanks for this Jlukes. I'll check out the video.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Archived