Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf?

Started 20 years ago, but a lot more the past 5

What’s your handicap or normal score?

Don't keep a handicap. Also play a lot of shorter courses

What do you love about golf?

The challenge. I am a professional in another sport and a total hack in golf but I just dig the sport.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
Natural Gearhead so love that side of things

Do you already know any other Spies?

no

Where are you from?

San Diego, CA 

What is your home course?

Loma Club/ Tecolote Canyon/ Balboa Park

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Greens fees are pretty high and pace of play can be glacial at the munis I play. Most people I meet are fun though.  

What do you do for a living?

Race Sailboats

How’d you pick your user name?

Love playing proper golf, but a quick 9 brings me a lot of joy 

WITB

I carry almost exclusively and am happy with a minimalist approach, so:

Adams Speedline 9064 (due for a replacement)

Callaway UW @19* (rotating spot in the bag)

Callaway UT @24*

Miura CB-501, 6-pw

Vokey SM-2 @52*

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4 

Adams Speedline 9064

Callaway UW @19*

Callaway UT @24*

Miura CB-501, 6-pw

Vokey SM-2 @52*

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

Srixon Q-Star Tours

Jones Utility

How long have you been playing golf?

Started 25 years ago in a scramble and caught the bug

11.1 for now, it has been up and down for the past year

Playing with friends and family

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

Love the content and newsletters

Do you already know any other Spies?

Yes, but he is in hibernation since he retired from the Navy

Where are you from?

Grew up in NorCal but settled in San Diego, CA post Navy retirement

What is your home course?

Military courses in San Diego

Easy to get out in the morning but if you have a tee time after 0800 it is slowwwww 

Retired Navy (32 years) and working as a contractor supporting my golf addiction

Three tours in Japan and part of my last name

WITB

TSR2 10* GD AD DI 6s

TSR2 15* Tensei 1K BLK 75s

STz 230 19* LINQ 75 F4

STz 230 22* LINQ 75 F4

JPX 923 HMP 5 - 8 Axiom 105s

JPX 923 HMP 9 - G Axiom 105x

54*,  58* Vokey

Odessey AI-One Rossie

Edited by Botadesu

TSR2 10* GD AD DI 6s

TSR2 15* Tensei 1K BLK 75s

STz  230 19* LINQ 75 F4

STz 230 22* LINQ 75 F4

JPX 923 HMP 5 - 8 Axiom 105s

JPX 923 HMP 9 - G Axiom 105x

54*,  58* Vokey

Odessey AI-One Rossie

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since the summer of 2020. Currently shooting about a 13 handicap, but still trying to get better

2. What do you love about golf? This game is the hardest sport I have played. I was able to "conquer" most other sports I have played and done real well at them and then become bored with them. I do not see myself ever conquering this game...I love this game...I hate this game... I love this game....

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was checking out some of the reviews and decided to jump on. Not yet...

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently living south of Tucson, AZ. I do not have a home course really, I like to play as many courses around Tucson as I can. I usually end up at Haven in Green Valley the most I guess since it is close by.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? year round playing is the best. The worst is maybe the hard soil on alot of the less expensive courses. 

6. What do you do for a living? Manage a residential framing company

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I am Happy Go Lucky and my favorite number is 13

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing golf over 10 years ago but stopped after a year or so. Picked it up and started taking it more seriously over the past year and a half. I consistently shoot in the 90s, but am making it my golf to shoot mid 80s by the end of 2024. I don't know my exact handicap.

What do you love about golf? I love competing with myself...working hard to improve every chance i get. It's also a great opportunity to spend time with friends and just get outside.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've followed them on instagram for a few years and have lurked on the forums for around the same amount of time.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Los Angeles, and generally play at most of the LA City municipal courses.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Getting tee times is a nightmare....most of the courses we play here aren't in the best conditions, but golf year round so we have that going for us.

What do you do for a living? I was a professional baker for 5 years, but am making a career transition into programming.

How’d you pick your user name? I've used this username for years...and it stuck. I keep getting older but my username stays the same age.

Driver: default_ping-small.jpg G410 Plus

Fairway Woods: default_titelist-small.jpg 7 Wood

Irons: default_mizuno-small.jpg Pro 223 5-GW

Wedges: default_titelist-small.jpg SM6 56* M Grind + default_cleveland-small.jpg RTX6 60* Mid

Putter: default_titelist-small.jpg Scotty Cameron Monterrey

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MGS Crew! This is Jordan from ODIN, great to meet ya! Hope you all are havin a nice holiday weekend so far. I was just chatting with @GolfSpy SAM about meetup we're hosting this weekend in AZ, and wanted to extend the invite out to you all.

I know most of you are spread out all over the SW, but if any of you happen to be located in Phoenix, we're hosting our first meetup of the year (we call them Shindigs) this Saturday the 6th in Scottsdale. 

We have some spots left, and wanted to invite anyone who would like to join. Here are the details to sign up: https://futureofgolf.co/pages/odin-save-par-event

It's a night golf event and should be a blast. We're going to have a taco truck, DJ, lots of prizes and giveaways.

If you're interested or know of anyone who would be, give me a shout anytime. Thanks again and have an awesome start to the week!

Co-founder @ ODIN Golf

[email protected]

Go Balls Out. Always!

android-chrome-192x192.png.040010f38f20daf1a4a36fb7cac0f7ac.png

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing about 15 years. Currently a 17, have gotten to an 11. Anywhere from 75 to 96 just depends on the day!

What do you love about golf?

Its always a learning process. Once you think you have it figured out, you don’t!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Like reading the articles and reviews. Been a lurker for several years, decided to join.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Picked up golf in San Diego after years of competitive softball. Now call the west valley home. 

Can play year round. Snowbirds in the winter killing pace of play. LOL...

What do you do for a living?

Retired. President of our men’s club. 

How’d you pick your user name?

My old hockey#

DJ

Hi there everyone!  My name is Josh and i actually discovered this forum on instagram! I've been turned to golfing ever since I ended my baseball career, and have fallen in love with the sport and the community behind it.

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • I've been golfing since 2019.  Normal score is around 81 to 85 and sit around an 11 to 12 handicap.
  • What do you love about golf?
    • Funny story, my dad actually convinced me at a young age that he was Tiger Woods.  I used to watch the Masters and Open on TV while he was there next to me, didn't learn to later on he was lying lol.  Ever since then I was hooked, watching Tiger play throughout my childhood.  I love the social aspect of golf, and it provides a competitive spirit in me that I had while playing baseball.
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • I actually found this on instagram through the Kirkland iron review.  I've been looking to get fitted for a new set.  No other spies known... for now.
  • Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • I reside in Sacramento, CA.  My favorite course to play right now is Timber Creek in Roseville.
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • Best thing is that we can play year round.  Thankfully we are blessed with a short rain season during winter so there's always a time to play!
  • What do you do for a living?
    • I work in mortgage and appliance sales.
  • How’d you pick your user name?
    • It was a name given to me during my baseball days.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

- Josh

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 9:46 PM, JaySavay said:

Hi there everyone!  My name is Josh and i actually discovered this forum on instagram! I've been turned to golfing ever since I ended my baseball career, and have fallen in love with the sport and the community behind it.

• I've been golfing since 2019.  Normal score is around 81 to 85 and sit around an 11 to 12 handicap.
    • Funny story, my dad actually convinced me at a young age that he was Tiger Woods.  I used to watch the Masters and Open on TV while he was there next to me, didn't learn to later on he was lying lol.  Ever since then I was hooked, watching Tiger play throughout my childhood.  I love the social aspect of golf, and it provides a competitive spirit in me that I had while playing baseball.
    • I actually found this on instagram through the Kirkland iron review.  I've been looking to get fitted for a new set.  No other spies known... for now.
    • I reside in Sacramento, CA.  My favorite course to play right now is Timber Creek in Roseville.
    • Best thing is that we can play year round.  Thankfully we are blessed with a short rain season during winter so there's always a time to play!
    • I work in mortgage and appliance sales.
    • It was a name given to me during my baseball days.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Welcome! I grew up in San Jose myself, haven't been to Sacramento in ages. Glad to have you on the forums!

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

6 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Welcome! I grew up in San Jose myself, haven't been to Sacramento in ages. Glad to have you on the forums!

Last time I was in SJ I was getting tattooed, seems to be the thing every time I go there 😂

- Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone!  My name is Robert and I've been following MGS on instagram for a while and figured I would join. 

How long have you been playing golf?   I played a few rounds in my 20/30's but mainly to drink and hang with friends.  Then I stopped around 2015 and picked the game back up in 2020 and was convinced to start taking lessons by a close friend roughly 2 years ago.  I'm a big golf addict... it's really bad! 

What’s your handicap or normal score?    My current index is 7.9 and my normal scores range from high 70's to mid 80's.

What do you love about golf?  Hanging out with friends and family, laughing, joking and having a good time on the course. Even if you're having a bad round, it's still fun to be on the course.   

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? To read all the reviews on new equpiment and balls

Where are you from? I'm from Texas but moved to California when I was 9 and currently live in Mission Viejo CA

What is your home course? San Juan hills

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that we have great weather most of the year, bad is trying to get a tee time at any other course in the area sucks! It's why I joined the mens club at San juan.  (standing tee times on weekends)

What do you do for a living? Real estate, was a SQL admin before and lost my job during covid.  Wife needed help as she's an agent, so I took the courses and passed the exam.  I will say IT work was easier than real estate but the hours working are way better in real estate.

How’d you pick your user name? City initials and what I am 

Forgot to add that I'm one of the odd ones, I'm a left handed golfer!

Edited by MVGolfer
adding informaiton

AI Smoke Triple D 9* House of Forge ninja 49X

Rogue ST 15* Tensei AV Blue 75S

Sim2 19* Tensei AV Blue 75S

P-790 4-PW KBS Tour $-Taper LITE 

Jaws Raw 50, 60

Jaws Raw Full Toe 56

Bettinardi  Inovai 6.0

57 minutes ago, MVGolfer said:

Hi there everyone!  My name is Robert and I've been following MGS on instagram for a while and figured I would join. 

How long have you been playing golf?   I played a few rounds in my 20/30's but mainly to drink and hang with friends.  Then I stopped around 2015 and picked the game back up in 2020 and was convinced to start taking lessons by a close friend roughly 2 years ago.  I'm a big golf addict... it's really bad! 

What’s your handicap or normal score?    My current index is 7.9 and my normal scores range from high 70's to mid 80's.

What do you love about golf?  Hanging out with friends and family, laughing, joking and having a good time on the course. Even if you're having a bad round, it's still fun to be on the course.   

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? To read all the reviews on new equpiment and balls

Where are you from? I'm from Texas but moved to California when I was 9 and currently live in Mission Viejo CA

What is your home course? San Juan hills

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that we have great weather most of the year, bad is trying to get a tee time at any other course in the area sucks! It's why I joined the mens club at San juan.  (standing tee times on weekends)

What do you do for a living? Real estate, was a SQL admin before and lost my job during covid.  Wife needed help as she's an agent, so I took the courses and passed the exam.  I will say IT work was easier than real estate but the hours working are way better in real estate.

How’d you pick your user name? City initials and what I am 

Forgot to add that I'm one of the odd ones, I'm a left handed golfer!

Welcome to the West Side of the forums! Awesome to see someone else who is also in the computer technology field. I am studying for programming myself. There are more than a few Lefty's here as well so there will be plenty of info all around. 

WITB

Awesome, I loved learning how to code while in the Air Force. After getting out and taking a position at a company the SQL admin quit. They put me through courses and I loved it....

AI Smoke Triple D 9* House of Forge ninja 49X

Rogue ST 15* Tensei AV Blue 75S

Sim2 19* Tensei AV Blue 75S

P-790 4-PW KBS Tour $-Taper LITE 

Jaws Raw 50, 60

Jaws Raw Full Toe 56

Bettinardi  Inovai 6.0

About two and a half years now. First played late 2021 but didn't actually start practicing and playing regularly until 2022. Yes, unfortunately, I'm one of those COVID golfers that's made it impossible to get a tee time now lol. Usually scoring mid 90s pretty consistently now

Being outside, enjoying the courses, and knowing no two rounds will ever be the same. I'm not very good, but very competitive in setting goals for myself and wanting to improve my score every time if possible.

Been following on IG for a while now, I've regularly lurked here for reviews, discussion, etc. and figured I should just make an account already.

From Northern NV, a little town near Tahoe called Reno. Home course is Red Hawk Golf and Resort. 

Some of the courses around here have awesome holes, views, and high desert golf is great. However, it seems nobody around here likes walking, and only a few courses offer reduced rates for walking. Normally,  I'd pay the green fee and walk anyway, but when 9 holes is $50+ and 18 holes costs $90+, I might as well take the cart. Wish more courses had more reasonable rates overall for what are really average golf courses, but that seems to be a nationwide shift in green fees overall. I definitely took Utah golf for granted while I was living there.

Tax accountant. I figured I'd better learn to golf eventually in this career field, so I guess that lent to me picking it up as well.

My name, pretty basic. I'm an accountant. What do you expect, creativity?

I'm at a 19.9 handicap now, but happy to say I've been getting better and better over this last year. I shaved about 8 strokes from my index in 2023. If we weren't in the middle of inactive season for GHIN posting, I'd have had a few recent scores lately that might even lower my index some more. Still trying to break 90, but I'm only one or two blowup holes less per round away from reaching it! Hoping to get to single digit index one day.

Looking forward to getting involved here and sharing some of my thoughts with the forums. I'm pretty active in a handful of Facebook product and golf groups, but I hate patronizing Facebook with my time. My Golf Spy seems like a much better community to be involved in.

Edited by daniel__tg
Spelling, grammar

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 

3w: Rogue ST Max

3: TM Stealth UDI

4-6: Haywood CB

7-P: Haywood MB

50⁰/54⁰/60⁰: Callaway Jaws Raw

Putter: Scott Phantom X 11.5

Greetings from Phoenix AZ 🌵🏜️

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    ⁃    I’ve been playing golf since I was 6 years old and continued throughout college. I have always been a range rat so I don’t get on the course enough to have an established handicap. but would say I would average 75. My “inRange” handicap is 1.7 if that counts for anything. 
    2.    What do you love about golf?
    ⁃    I love that golf is a multigenerational sport that can be played by anyone at any age but is also extremely difficult to master. 
    3.    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    ⁃    I wanted to join a community that “speaks” golf and I don’t know any other spies at the moment. 
    4.    Where are you from? What is your home course?
    ⁃    I’m from Northern Virginia and now live in Phoenix. My home course is Legacy Golf Club but I practice mostly at Dobson Ranch. 
    5.    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    ⁃    Perfect playing conditions from February to May but expensive green fees. At least you can practice short game for free! Cheap golf in the summer but it gets to 110 by noon. New golf attractions are coming to the area giving us new forms of golf entertainment . Grass Clippings Rolling Hills has Night time golf and the range/practice area closes at Midnight. Pop Stroke is a really fun date night spot. 
    6.    What do you do for a living?
    ⁃    I work in Quality Assurance for a Custom Home Builder
    7.    How’d you pick your user name?
    ⁃    I chose the username 'Silky' because it reflects my smooth golf swing, and it also pays homage to my Thai heritage. 

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Rouge Triple Diamond 9.0 (@8.0) - Graphite Design AD - UB6X

3W: Callaway Paradym 16.5 HL (@15.5) - Mitsubishi Kai’li 70S

5W: Callaway Rouge LS - Graphite Design AD -DI 7X

(Rotational) 2H: Titleist U505 - Graphite Design AD -DI HY 95X

Irons 4-PW: Srixon ZX5 MK ll - Nippon Modus Pro3 - 105S

Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.10F, 54.10S, 60.12D

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Design Atlanta

Ball: Chrome Tour X 

IMG_6172.jpeg

71471514825__B56963FB-0C6C-48ED-9763-157405175777.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

Callaway Rouge TD - 9.0 - Graphite Design UB6X,Callaway Paradym - 16.5 (at 15.5) - Mitsubishi Kai’li Black 70s,Callaway Rouge LS - 18 - Graphite Design Tour AD - DI - 8x,Srixon ZX5 4-PW - Nippon Modus - 105 - S (z-cord) Titliest SM9 - 50.10F, 56.10S (@55.9), 60T,Odyssey- Toulon - Atlanta (34.5) (Iomic X) Callaway Chrome Tour X

43 minutes ago, Silky said:

Greetings from Phoenix AZ 🌵🏜️

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    ⁃    I’ve been playing golf since I was 6 years old and continued throughout college. I have always been a range rat so I don’t get on the course enough to have an established handicap. but would say I would average 75. My “inRange” handicap is 1.7 if that counts for anything. 
    2.    What do you love about golf?
    ⁃    I love that golf is a multigenerational sport that can be played by anyone at any age but is also extremely difficult to master. 
    3.    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    ⁃    I wanted to join a community that “speaks” golf and I don’t know any other spies at the moment. 
    4.    Where are you from? What is your home course?
    ⁃    I’m from Northern Virginia and now live in Phoenix. My home course is Legacy Golf Club but I practice mostly at Dobson Ranch. 
    5.    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    ⁃    Perfect playing conditions from February to May but expensive green fees. At least you can practice short game for free! Cheap golf in the summer but it gets to 110 by noon. New golf attractions are coming to the area giving us new forms of golf entertainment . Grass Clippings Rolling Hills has Night time golf and the range/practice area closes at Midnight. Pop Stroke is a really fun date night spot. 
    6.    What do you do for a living?
    ⁃    I work in Quality Assurance for a Custom Home Builder
    7.    How’d you pick your user name?
    ⁃    I chose the username 'Silky' because it reflects my smooth golf swing, and it also pays homage to my Thai heritage. 

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Rouge Triple Diamond 9.0 (@8.0) - Graphite Design AD - UB6X

3W: Callaway Paradym 16.5 HL (@15.5) - Mitsubishi Kai’li 70S

5W: Callaway Rouge LS - Graphite Design AD -DI 7X

(Rotational) 2H: Titleist U505 - Graphite Design AD -DI HY 95X

Irons 4-PW: Srixon ZX5 MK ll - Nippon Modus Pro3 - 105S

Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.10F, 54.10S, 60.12D

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Design Atlanta

Ball: Chrome Tour X 

IMG_6172.jpeg

71471514825__B56963FB-0C6C-48ED-9763-157405175777.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

Welcome to the West side of the forums! If you're looking for a community that talks Golf non-stop, you are in the right place.

WITB

How long have you been playing golf?

Been golfing for almost 2 years now, after trying my best not to start!

I’ve broken 90 a couple times, but I do normally score high 90s and 100+ fairly often. Currently a 19.

I’ve always had love for the outdoors, and played all kinds of sports growing up. It scratches that competitive itch, all while getting to enjoy being outdoors and some of the most beautiful places in the world. Then I started getting into the style and shoes and it unlocked a whole new world to golf. Being able to spend 5 hours with friends doesn’t suck either!

Don’t know any other spies. Just loved the content put out on IG, and thought it would be fun to join the forum and try to test out some equipment.

Grew up in North Orange County, but moved all around SoCal, have lived in LA and the IE. Now I’m back in the OC enjoying some of the most beautiful golf in the world. My home course is whichever one I can get a tee time at on GolfNow lol

Love that we have year round golf, and the amount of courses that are available to the public are also great. Worst is definitely finding tee times and pace of play can be atrocious.

I’ve been a Firefighter for 6 years now.

It’s the same username from Instagram. It’s a play on the word Rescue, and my initials, AB

WITB

Driver- PXG 0311 XF Gen 5

3 wood- Callaway X2 hot

4 iron- Callaway Big Bertha

5 hybrid- Titleist 910h

6 hybrid- Callaway Big Bertha OS

7 iron through GW- PXG 0211

50° and 54°- Callaway Big Bertha

60°- Taylormade hi-toe 3

Bag is kind of a mess right now, trying to figure out a wedge set up I like. Also I have a gap issue between my hybrids and 3 wood. Lol

Some photos from my adventuresIMG_1375.jpeg.f64f38e52c19aa269b80a36c9a990845.jpegA7AB816D-15A8-4CE7-B59D-85767C74E22D.jpeg.5769c7c672e1b9575b77ac6be0b61b07.jpeg

IMG_3529.jpeg

IMG_9425.jpeg

F149F174-D985-42E1-ADC2-EC5C9E55E0FF.jpeg

IMG_7323.jpeg

Edited by Resqab
Added WITB

3 hours ago, Resqab said:

Been golfing for almost 2 years now, after trying my best not to start!

I’ve broken 90 a couple times, but I do normally score high 90s and 100+ fairly often. Currently a 19.

I’ve always had love for the outdoors, and played all kinds of sports growing up. It scratches that competitive itch, all while getting to enjoy being outdoors and some of the most beautiful places in the world. Then I started getting into the style and shoes and it unlocked a whole new world to golf. Being able to spend 5 hours with friends doesn’t suck either!

Don’t know any other spies. Just loved the content put out on IG, and thought it would be fun to join the forum and try to test out some equipment.

Grew up in North Orange County, but moved all around SoCal, have lived in LA and the IE. Now I’m back in the OC enjoying some of the most beautiful golf in the world. My home course is whichever one I can get a tee time at on GolfNow lol

Love that we have year round golf, and the amount of courses that are available to the public are also great. Worst is definitely finding tee times and pace of play can be atrocious.

I’ve been a Firefighter for 6 years now.

It’s the same username from Instagram. It’s a play on the word Rescue, and my initials, AB

WITB

Driver- PXG 0311 XF Gen 5

3 wood- Callaway X2 hot

4 iron- Callaway Big Bertha

5 hybrid- Titleist 910h

6 hybrid- Callaway Big Bertha OS

7 iron through GW- PXG 0211

50° and 54°- Callaway Big Bertha

60°- Taylormade hi-toe 3

Bag is kind of a mess right now, trying to figure out a wedge set up I like. Also I have a gap issue between my hybrids and 3 wood. Lol

Some photos from my adventuresIMG_1375.jpeg.f64f38e52c19aa269b80a36c9a990845.jpegA7AB816D-15A8-4CE7-B59D-85767C74E22D.jpeg.5769c7c672e1b9575b77ac6be0b61b07.jpeg

IMG_3529.jpeg

IMG_9425.jpeg

F149F174-D985-42E1-ADC2-EC5C9E55E0FF.jpeg

IMG_7323.jpeg

Welcome to the forums! Impressive bag for sure. There is a lot of knowledge around the forums and I am sure you can find the right answer(s) for those gapping issues. 

WITB

5 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Welcome to the forums! Impressive bag for sure. There is a lot of knowledge around the forums and I am sure you can find the right answer(s) for those gapping issues. 

Thanks! I’ll have to browse through some of the posts

Just now, Resqab said:

Thanks! I’ll have to browse through some of the posts

Definitely, check out the equipment talk section. There is plenty of info there, and feel free to ask as well. I'm still new but everybody is welcome to questions and you'll get a lot of different answers. 

WITB

On 3/9/2024 at 6:29 PM, Resqab said:

Good to see another Orange County native here.  Welcome!

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

Repping the good folks out in UT 🙂

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    1. I've been playing golf seriously for about 3 years now. Before that I would go periodically with my grandpa to hit balls or play a par 3, but not more than once or twice a year. He passed away about 3 years ago and that prompted me to check out the game that he loved so much and the golf bug ended up getting passed on from him to myself. 
  2. What do you love about golf?
    1. I love that golf is managing failure. I believe Ben Hogan said he expects to hit 7 perfect shots a round, and the rest of his shots are managing misses. I think this builds resiliency and keeps me on my toes.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    1. I am consistently impressed with the amount of non-biased content that gets produced. I really appreciate all content from reviews to Tourtalk to the fact that there is a large forum of golfers just like myself. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    1. Born and raised in SLC, UT. There are about 15 public courses in the valley, and I would consider most of them my home course. The three that I frequent most often are Fore Lakes (for the practice facilities), Rose Park (for the prices), and Mountain Dell (for the views).
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    1. The best thing about golf in my region is the elevation. Some rounds within 30 minutes of me can be played at 5500 feet of elevation and in firm conditions. This means that with a baseball-converted driver swing, I have managed to eclipse 400 yards on some downhill downwind drives. The worst part is that we have snow 3-4 months of the year. This prevents any sort of practice or play for those of us who don't have indoor practice facilities):
  6. What do you do for a living?
    1. 1st year of Civil Engineering
  7. How’d you pick your user name?
    1. The gb stands for gets buckets. Grew up as a massive Chicago Bulls fan and the announcers would often call Jimmy Butler "Jimmy G Buckets" and say the G stands for Gets.

signature.png.56a54bde9a6222e64da376808ac11653.png

started golfing about 3 years ago when a couple guys from work invited me out. I probably play more than they do now. Haha. Lately been averaging around 80. Don’t really know handicap but my guess is like 19-20?

What do you love about golf? Im a pretty competitive person and I love the challenge of getting better at something new. I also like being just as good if not better than those I play with.  If I play with more skilled players I would totally up the effort. But most of all golf has been a way to connect with buddies and really decompress from busy and stressful life.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Looking for guidance and support along the way. I don’t really know anyone with a ton of golf knowledge and I am eager to learn more.

Do you already know any other Spies? Nope

Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Georgia but currently In Santa Rosa, CA. The NorthBay area. No home but generally play an executive course in Sebastopol, CA.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best about the course up here is the variety. Within an hours drive I can play near the ocean, in the desert, wide open space, fancy courses, and even amongst the redwoods. It’s amazing. Worse thing is price and the torrential rain recently has made many courses terrible. Maintenance has not been great.

What do you do for a living? In the medical field as a clinical pharmacist.

How’d you pick your user name? Easy… it’s my name

WITB

Mizuno JPX 900 irons

Mizuno JPX 923 GW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore  54 Wedge

Ping Sigma G Tyne Putter

Titleist 975J Driver (Taking suggestions for upgrade and any woods/hybrids to add to the bag)

Edited by SMartin
Forgot to add last part

-SMartin

6 hours ago, SMartin said:

started golfing about 3 years ago when a couple guys from work invited me out. I probably play more than they do now. Haha. Lately been averaging around 80. Don’t really know handicap but my guess is like 19-20?

What do you love about golf? Im a pretty competitive person and I love the challenge of getting better at something new. I also like being just as good if not better than those I play with.  If I play with more skilled players I would totally up the effort. But most of all golf has been a way to connect with buddies and really decompress from busy and stressful life.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Looking for guidance and support along the way. I don’t really know anyone with a ton of golf knowledge and I am eager to learn more.

Do you already know any other Spies? Nope

Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Georgia but currently In Santa Rosa, CA. The NorthBay area. No home but generally play an executive course in Sebastopol, CA.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best about the course up here is the variety. Within an hours drive I can play near the ocean, in the desert, wide open space, fancy courses, and even amongst the redwoods. It’s amazing. Worse thing is price and the torrential rain recently has made many courses terrible. Maintenance has not been great.

What do you do for a living? In the medical field as a clinical pharmacist.

How’d you pick your user name? Easy… it’s my name

Welcome to the forums! Saw your WITB in another post. Very nice. 

WITB

13 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Welcome to the forums! Saw your WITB in another post. Very nice. 

Thanks. I should actually update this post with my bag. Forgot to add that. 

Ever since I saw a guy at the local club with a set of Mizuno clubs I fell in love with the look but didn’t want to shovel out money for a new set as a beginner. When I came across these used JPX 900s I thought they were perfect for me and jumped on them immediately.

-SMartin

Hey! Definitely new here and navigating my way around. My name is Shah, from California, and looking forward to learning more on various golf topics.

Been playing for less than 2 years 

handicap: 11, normal score is usually 14 or 15 over

I love the precision and consistency required to be great. With that, how many ways you can manipulate the ball or your shot to play the sport.

Instagram! Saw you guys offer various content on equipment and also testing opportunities. Want to learn more about gold tech in general

California. Home course is Poppy Ridge 

best: so many courses within a 40 minute drive. Like up to 30

worst: a lot of the courses are pretty pricey, for conditions that are pretty beat up. But overall I would say there’s definitely worse in other areas

personal training 

based on my name

“Adversity causes some to break, others to break records”

6 hours ago, Shah said:

Hey! Definitely new here and navigating my way around. My name is Shah, from California, and looking forward to learning more on various golf topics.

Been playing for less than 2 years 

handicap: 11, normal score is usually 14 or 15 over

I love the precision and consistency required to be great. With that, how many ways you can manipulate the ball or your shot to play the sport.

Instagram! Saw you guys offer various content on equipment and also testing opportunities. Want to learn more about gold tech in general

California. Home course is Poppy Ridge 

best: so many courses within a 40 minute drive. Like up to 30

worst: a lot of the courses are pretty pricey, for conditions that are pretty beat up. But overall I would say there’s definitely worse in other areas

personal training 

based on my name

Welcome to the forums! Definitely get involved in the topics. There is plenty of golf knowledge to spread around and everybody is welcome. 

WITB

Hi Everyone!

I’m new within the last week to the forum and looking forward to getting more involved and using the forum as a source to keep up with all things golf.

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I got my first golf clubs when I was around 10 and have dabbled here and there ever since. Until recently, I haven’t played much since high school (2008) so I am for sure a high handicapper with my average score around 100.

2.    What do you love about golf?

Like I said, I hadn’t played much since 2008 and really didn’t think much about golf at all, but a few months ago I played a round of golf at a bachelor party and it reminded me what a great activity golf can be for spending time outside with friends.

On a more intrapersonal level, I love how golf is a game of self-control. Small changes in distribution of your weight, placement of your hands, or alignment of your feet can impact your performance in a big way. I’ve always been a detail-oriented person and working on those small details of the game bring me a lot of joy, or sorrow depending on if they’re causing me to lose balls all over the course.

3.    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

My uncle is a golf nerd and when I finally decided to follow his advice and get new clubs, he mentioned checking out MyGolfSpy Buyer’s guides as a good starting point for research.

4.    Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in the Scottsdale/North Phoenix area. I really don’t have a home course. Like I said, I’m just recently getting into golf seriously so right now I’m trying to find my bearings with the plethora of courses around the greater Phoenix area.

5.    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I have to say that growing up in the valley I really didn’t appreciate that I lived in golf mecca, but I’ve started to realize how fortunate I am to have so many quality golf courses are within a 30-minute drive in any direction of where I live.

As for the worst part, some of those courses are crazy expensive to play unless you are willing to brave the Phoenix summer heat.

6.    What do you do for a living?

I work in artificial intelligence development in the healthcare industry.

7.    How’d you pick your username?

Musicalmedicine has been my go-to username for years now. I bet you would never guess that I play a musical instrument and work in the medical field…

Edited by musicalmedicine

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Played when I was a kid, but got back into it 6-7 years ago

What do you love about golf? Being outside, competing against myself, and working on improving myself

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Friends have always talked about it, and I love the reviews!

Where are you from? What is your home course? San Diego, CA. Balboa Park at least once a week.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Tough to get tee times because our weather is always good. Best thing, is that the weather is always good.

What do you do for a living? Supply Chain in CPG

How’d you pick your user name? College roommate called me Nij, as an intentional mispronunciation of Nick, and its just stuck./

Taylormade Stealth 2 Driver

Taylormade Stealth 2 4 wood

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 

Taylormade p790 4-PW

Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 60

Taylormade Spider GT

Welcome to the forums to you both @musicalmedicineand @nijguy! Always good to see more people join from the southwest side of the land.

WITB

Hey everybody! I’m Sam, 25 years old from Reno, NV and I don’t know what a home course is but I play the cheapest ones around me.  I’ve been playing golf seriously for about a year now. GHIN says my handicap is 34 😂. The thing I love about golf is the independency of it, everything is up to you and everything is your fault. There’s nobody else to blame except for yourself. I found MyGolfSpy by looking up product reviews and I don’t know any other spies at the moment. The best thing about golf in my region is all the golf courses are kept in pretty great condition but that’s also because of the worst part about golf in my region because they’re closed for winter. Another cool thing is we’re only 2 hours from Sacramento so sometimes we’ll head down there to play during the winter. I am a union Pipefitter. My username is basically the same on everything.