Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Search for new putter (David and Goliath)

Elbolita98

Divid and Goliath Putters  

4 members have voted

1. 1. which one you use?

• Scotty
    • Miura
    • Oddy
    • Somethings else
  2. 2. I search for a new putter and the question above is for popularity reference. I like this brand to buy. Wich one is the best?

• New Ben Hogan
    • Miura
    • Scotty
  3. 3. Best value

• Scotty
    • Miura
    • New Ben Hogan
  4. 4. I need take this poll to make my decision?

Answer thiss poll because I need opinion about my search for a new putter. I play with a Taylormade Daytona 12 and is not my best tool in my bag.

THE BIGGEST MULLIGAN is near the corner. Just wi need to take it when needed.

Not really possible to answer your poll.  HelP us understand why you want a new puttter.  Is it that you want something new and pretty?   Is there a performance issue you want to overcome?  

Pick what model works for you and not a particular brand.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I want to improve in distance control with my putter. Because is where my game lake of confident.

1 minute ago, Elbolita98 said:

I want to improve in distance control with my putter. Because is where my game lake of confident.

If you want a putter to improve distance control, your best bet would be one that has face technology that creates a consistent speed across the face. That limits you to PING or EVNROLL. A lot of forum member play Evnrolls and swear by them. If you want better distance control, that is where I would start looking. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

3 minutes ago, GB13 said:

If you want a putter to improve distance control, your best bet would be one that has face technology that creates a consistent speed across the face. That limits you to PING or EVNROLL. A lot of forum member play Evnrolls and swear by them. If you want better distance control, that is where I would start looking. 

First to test EVNROLL and next other brands.

What is the problem with distance control? Always long? Always short? Both? Miss hits?

How do you practice distance control? How do you control how far you hit a putt?

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

. That limits you to PING or EVNROLL.. 

Cleveland as well.

I’ve had great luck in establishing better speed control with my SeeMore putter. Mine has an insert in the face, so maybe that helps. Great putter, and I sent 2 videos to them so they could help fit me “online”/via email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Do more gate practice on the putting green. I find the biggest issue with most players who struggle to putt is not striking the ball in the center of the putter. Just put a tee in the ground on either side of the putter head to ensure a center strike. 

That being said, Cleveland has some very budget friendly putters, could allow you to experiment without breaking the bank. Used is also an option!

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

4 hours ago, Elbolita98 said:

On the practice green, play a game with a partner where you both putt to the same hole.  Any putt not within 2 feet of the cup is 0 point, inside 2 feet is 1 point, and 2 points if you make the putt.  First one to 21 points wins.  Use various length putts to different holes.  Make it even harder by having any putt short of the hole lose a point.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Yeah, no apologies here, but one couldn't go wrong with anything PING...Heck PING designed and patented the ultra-classic Anser that EVERYONE has copied since the patent lapsed in the early '90 I believe.

Ping_Karsten_Series_Anser.thumb.jpg.828da8d4c905ecd148308aab2068370a.jpg

And for good reason-solid design, fits just about anyone and easy to get used to. I'd take the leap and state that at one point or another, just about every golfer has picked up an Anser or an Anser clone and played it at one time or another. Ping now offers the Sigma 2 line of putters that have adjustable grips to tune in the proper length without the need for custom work to be done.

https://ping.com/clubs/putters/sigma-2

And indeed, many on these forums swear by the Evenrol's too so that line should definitely be on your list to try. I may do myself one day...

Good luck on your search.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

• 3 weeks later...

Go to Dicks and try the Tommy armor 3. It hasn’t won mallet of the year twice in a row for nothing...

I benched my expensive Evnroll and put Tommy back in the bag because I and more consistent with it, and that was hard to admit to myself. 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Archived