Shankster

PGA Championship

GolfSpy STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

I'm so happy to see it at Bethpage Black can't get enough of seeing that course on TV. It's one that's on my bucket list to play one day.

• Like 2

#spystaffslam for 2019 PGA Championship picks:

Tier 1=Tiger Woods

Tier 2=Patrick Reed

Tier 3=Ian Poulter

Tier 4=Daniel Berger

Tier 5=Abe Ancer

Tie breaker score=(-12)

Selfishly I want Rory to win so I can get a new M6 driver!

If he doesn't, though, then I'll hope for Tiger to get #16 and pull ever closer to Jack. 

• Like 1

I expected to see this thread be a Rory fan club so everyone could get their free TMs. Glad to see more sensibility than that!

• Like 1

I’m ready to see John Daly cruising around in a cart. Going to take up a lot of air time.

The course is going to play LOOOOONG.  We are in the midst of getting close to three inches of rain over the last 48 hours.  I have a few friends that have played the course in the last month and was told the rough is up, the fairways are a lot narrower than during normal play and two of them came close to giving up the game midway through the back nine.  That being said my pick will be a bomber that can hit it straight with less up an emphasis on the flat stick.  Think Koepka may repeat with the way he played this past weekend, also have my eye on JT as well.  Tiger is my dark horse as I am not sure how the course will physically beat him up, not a fun walk at all.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

The course is going to play LOOOOONG.  We are in the midst of getting close to three inches of rain over the last 48 hours.  I have a few friends that have played the course in the last month and was told the rough is up, the fairways are a lot narrower than during normal play and two of them came close to giving up the game midway through the back nine.  That being said my pick will be a bomber that can hit it straight with less up an emphasis on the flat stick.  Think Koepka may repeat with the way he played this past weekend, also have my eye on JT as well.  Tiger is my dark horse as I am not sure how the course will physically beat him up, not a fun walk at all.

Its crazy how much rain we've got since early Sunday morning.  Looks like it should dry out a little between later tonight through Thursday.  I am sure they'll get the greens plenty firm by then.

The rough is going to be LUSH.  Hitting and holding the green out of the rough from anything more than 175 yards is going to be darn near impossible.

• Like 2

Justin Thomas WD's from PGA Championship!!!  Wrist injury.

• Sad 1

Justin Thomas WD's from PGA Championship!!!  Wrist injury.

Oh man. That sucks.

I really want to see Ricky win his first. It's tough though because he never seems to finish strong.

• Like 1

so it's apparently mid 40's and wet thick rough as of yesterday, is that the continued forecast anyone know?

If it is I might change my picks😏

I want to see Jordan come back to what he once was. If not him then Rory and a free driver is always a good thing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chershey said:

I really want to see Ricky win his first. It's tough though because he never seems to finish strong.

Right there with you. Not sure if this is the course for him to do it though. I think he'll have a good showing at The Open Championship though.

Every Dick's I went to was full of em and wouldn't give me the no purchase form, so to heck with Rory winning.  Brooks is going back to back. 

Just saw a cool stat.

The last time the PGA was in May, the winner from the Masters a month before won the PGA 1949 (Snead)....

I’m sure you’ve seen that...

• Like 1

If I was John Daly's playing partner I would want to hitch a ride, light up a cigar and just shoot the s***.

Oh and then play golf I guess.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Just saw a cool stat.

The last time the PGA was in May, the winner from the Masters a month before won the PGA 1949 (Snead)....

I’m sure you’ve seen that...

The PGA was match play format in 1949.  It didn't become stroke play until 1958.  Very different situation back then.

Interestingly, the 1949 PGA was the only major championship ever held in Virginia.  Hermitage Country Club hosted but is now known as Belmont Golf Course after Hermitage moved to another part of the Richmond area in 1977.  Hermitage still claims to be the host of the '49 PGA even though the course was built three decades later.  The following is a very good read.

http://www.friedegg.co/golf-courses/proposed-belmont-changes

• Like 2

DJ can win it too. Kinda flying in under the radar even as world #1

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1