Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Game Improvement Balls?

Tsecor

Just a question (sort of tongue in cheek), but with all the low priced two piece Surlyn balls on the market that are supposedly limited in the performance they can provide (much like blades)...do you think an elite ball like the Prov1 line or the TP5 line are "game improvement" balls?

Its an interesting discussion. As we know the GI / SGI "market was created and is driven by clever marketing professionals.

I wonder if we will ever see the term "GI balls" marketed.....and if so...what ball(s) would be considered GI or SGI balls?

Golf is cool

While the term GI or SGI isn't used for golf balls there's plenty of hype around long and straight especially with less expensive (cheap) golf balls. After all who could pass up RAW, LONG Distance Slazenger Golf Balls at $16./doz.or the occasion special of 2 doz for $25.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/slazenger-2017-raw-distance-golf-balls-16slam2017slzrd12gbl/16slam2017slzrd12gbl

The golfers buying those are are probably more swayed by the terms long and straight then by GI or SGI. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I would think that balls with high spin are not a friend for a person needing help playing the game. Most players who are in need of help don't hit the ball straight so a high spin ball would just make it worse for them. There is a reason high spin balls have Tour on the box as they are for the better player in most cases. I think each ball is good for some players and not for others. The problem is how to find out. My general thought is two piece for those who need help and multilayer balls for the better player.

I have played a lot of years and when I see players losing the ball left to right with more spin it would be even further right> Not just talking driver I am talking all clubs. Spin is only good if you know how to control it and I have found most golfers don't know how to do that. Also the average golfer loses a lot of balls each time and at twice the price or higher of a two piece ball I doubt Tour level balls would be the right fit for them. If I am not mistaken the average golfer has a hard time breaking 90 each time out. I still feel less spin is more for those players than a Tour ball. JMHO