Tsecor

TM SIM vs Titleist TS

Our Sponsors

I am ready to move on from my 910 D3 which is a 440cc head.  Has anyone really tested the SIM yet? Its getting unbelievable reviews. If so, anyone test it against the TS series. I am a Titleist fanboi and really trying to expand my stubborn mentality. 

What happened to the 440 heads? everything is 460cc....not sure i like the bigger look......HELLPPP!!!!

Sim is great. TS lineup from Titleist is great. All going to come down to personal preference 

• Like 4

I'm not a big hitter.... I'm closer in age to 50 than 40, 5'9, 185, swing speed right around 100.... hit the ball around 250 on avg.  had a few longish ones go 280 but never touched 300.

I went for a fitting with the SIM this weekend.

I was on an indoor LM.

9 degree head, Ventus blue shaft, stiff.  (don't even ask if it was "made for" or not - I have no clue and don't care)
I hit about 10 drives with that combo... they were good.  really good.

I'd say the SIM is the real deal.  I haven't tried the TM but man that SIM max was really impressive.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tsecor said:

I am ready to move on from my 910 D3 which is a 440cc head.  Has anyone really tested the SIM yet? Its getting unbelievable reviews. If so, anyone test it against the TS series. I am a Titleist fanboi and really trying to expand my stubborn mentality. 

What happened to the 440 heads? everything is 460cc....not sure i like the bigger look......HELLPPP!!!!

I have a TS1 built and designed for moderate or as Tony often cites, that's the OEM code word for slow, swing speed...ha   It is 9.5 based on my TPI fitting and has the Tensei Blue Shaft.   I also have the SIM MAX in 9.5 with the stock Ventus Red Shaft.

I took them both out to a par 5 hole the other day and hit about 20 drives each.  I didn't have any LM with me.  Just hit 5 SIM, 5 TS1 went and retrieved and repeated.  The longes of the bunch was one from the SIM that I hit about as good as I can, and it was 230'ish based on course yardage markers and my stepping it off.   The longest TS1 was about 212.   That said the TS1 had a much more consistent dispersion and the misses with the SIM were much worst than the TS1

I'll definitely be giving both of them more time to get a good comparison.  But I have to tell you the TS1 was in my bag the last 6 months of last year and it will take something special to knock it out. 

• Like 3

I was stuck with my callaway Xhot since it was new. Tried so many newer drivers over the past two years. Pretty picky when it comes to the driver. Last year I really tested everything. Came to the TS2 and loved it. Sound, feel, everything. Forgiving and I know when I put one out there right away. I like the simplistic typical titleist look and like I said the sound was the last thing to sell me on it. Great product but have not tested the sim yet so cannot speak to that.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ACslater said:

Big price drop on TS line drivers too.

$100 off.....not bad!!! better than a $600 SIM I guess

• Like 3

Just now, Tsecor said:

$100 off.....not bad!!! better than a $600 SIM I guess

Yep. I just sold a TS1 to a retired guy at our course for $399 and he was thrilled.   

Litteraly one of the best deals/price on a current model driver out there right now. 

• Like 4

The TS2 seems to be the most "neutral" club where you can just line it up and hit it and expect "forgiveness".  The TS4 is intriguing because I am not a big fan of the 460cc heads......I gotta go check em out.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

sorry dude.... something must've been amiss with the fitter.
I mean it looked official and all - at a reputable store - branded, GC Quad, etc.
(not me in the picture with the fitter)
IMG_20200208_140254.jpg

I should have guessed something was up.....
This chart is one I found online and seems fairly accurate.  (source: https://www.miasportstechnology.com/)
link: (https://www.miasportstechnology.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Driver-Speed-to-Distance.pdf)
image.png

He didn't measure my swing speed...it was probably a little higher than 100 - there's no punishment for a missed shot on these things so you can give it all you got.  I might've been around 105, but whatever.... it's not worth arguing over.

the point I was trying to make is that the driver is designed well, felt good, and worked for me. 

that's it.  Nothing more; nothing less.

this was NOT meant to be an exercise or debate on what your swing speed needs to be in order to carry the ball X number of yards and get X distance.

If there are members who wish to debate that fact I strongly encourage them to start a new thread and discuss it there.

Any comments on how the SIM felt in comparison to your M5?  When I got the free fitting at True Spec Golf I ended up with an M5 and CK Pro White as the best combo.  I'm intrigued by the reviews showing increased Spin consistency and stability on the SIM and Mavrik (as I have liked the Rogue as well) as I am not a super high spin player, but locking into a range could be great for fitting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Any comments on how the SIM felt in comparison to your M5?  When I got the free fitting at True Spec Golf I ended up with an M5 and CK Pro White as the best combo.  I'm intrigued by the reviews showing increased Spin consistency and stability on the SIM and Mavrik (as I have liked the Rogue as well) as I am not a super high spin player, but locking into a range could be great for fitting.

I want to like the M5, I really really do.... it's a great looking driver has all of the super slick qualities and things you would typically look for.

But the sound and feel just aren't there for me.... maybe it's just me?  I don't know.  But - that sound and feel that I was looking for was there with the SIM max.  
I tried both the MAX and the regular SIM and the MAX was the winner for me.

NOTE: I won the m5 at a tournament; a more fair comparison would probably be the M6 vs max as neither are adjustable via weights and have similar properties.

• Like 4

I gotta go check em out.

Exactly! Go put your hands on everything. Swing as many as you can and keep an open mind. You may surprise yourself.

Report back and let us know how it goes.
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

The TS2 seems to be the most "neutral" club where you can just line it up and hit it and expect "forgiveness".  The TS4 is intriguing because I am not a big fan of the 460cc heads......I gotta go check em out.

Unless you need to knock spin off the ts4 will be a low spin lower launching head similar to the 430/440 heads from TM in previous releases.

due to the forward cg and lower spin the forgiveness will be less as well

The SIM is beating everything for me this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I want to like the M5, I really really do.... it's a great looking driver has all of the super slick qualities and things you would typically look for.

But the sound and feel just aren't there for me.... maybe it's just me?  I don't know.  But - that sound and feel that I was looking for was there with the SIM max.  

NOTE: I won the m5 at a tournament; a more fair comparison would probably be the M6 vs max as neither are adjustable via weights and have similar properties.

Ah good to know.  I don't think I actually ended up hitting the M6.  From the reviews I've seen I think the SIM (non-max) might be a little too low spin, and the Sim Max would be more appropriate, but that's what the fitting bays are for right?

That's a sweet win at a tournament!  I think the best thing I've won at a tournament was $50 proshop credit. haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I saw the TXG video and they were saying the M5 was "unstable" compared to the SIM. I thought that was strange given the popularity of that driver

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Unless you need to knock spin off the ts4 will be a low spin lower launching head similar to the 430/440 heads from TM in previous releases.

due to the forward cg and lower spin the forgiveness will be less as well

I do have to get back on a launch monitor but I had a shoulder injury for the last 2 seasons and my swing ended up changing where I was using more wrist through the hitting area. I should have just shut it down but I continued to play. This has created a loss of distance and more spin and higher launch....my shoulder is finally healed 100% so I'm looking to get back at it.  The T4 may be an option but I'm gonna try the T2,3&4 to see what works best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Ah good to know.  I don't think I actually ended up hitting the M6.  From the reviews I've seen I think the SIM (non-max) might be a little too low spin, and the Sim Max would be more appropriate, but that's what the fitting bays are for right?

That's a sweet win at a tournament!  I think the best thing I've won at a tournament was $50 proshop credit. haha

I won a trail camera and a thermos at the last outing I played.....not an M5!!! that is sweet

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

I saw the TXG video and they were saying the M5 was "unstable" compared to the SIM. I thought that was strange given the popularity of that driver

I don’t think the m5 was that popular. Many preferred the m3 and older m1/2.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I don’t think the m5 was that popular. Many preferred the m3 and older m1/2.

Tiger, Rahm, Rory all had it in their bag last year....and won with it. 

Maybe it wasn't that popular with amateurs? 

• Like 2