Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Favorite Golf Shirt

TCUfrog

I guess I am a shirt snob because I refuse to buy Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, etc...These brands are so mainstream that you are bound to run into someone who has the exact same shirt with just a different logo.  Instead I look for more unique brands such as Greyson, G-Fore, Dunning, Donald Ross, etc..  These brands do a better job of coming up with unique designs, colors, etc..  They are still out there for the general public as they should be but they aren't as available .  

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

I'm a big fan of Swannies, 1764, Adidas, really anything that is lightweight and breathable. As most golfers, I prefer to golf when it's warm and I like shirts that don't feel like they stick to my skin when I sweat. 

RD12

Peter Millar.  No other brand fits me as well and holds up through thick and thin not to mention the heat and humidity.  Great colors, styles and materials. Been wearing PM for 10 years.  

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

It's gotta be Ralph Lauren RLX or Polo for me. I just love the sporty style of RLX and the classiness of Polo

TaylorMade Stealth 10.5* Graphite design Tour_AD GP-6 Stiff :taylormade-small:

Titleist TSi2 15* Fairway wood Hazardous Smoke Black Stiff :titleist-small:

Titleist TSi2 18* Hybrid Hazardous Smoke Stiff :titleist-small:

Titleist TSi2 24* Hybrid Hazardous Smoke Stiff Titleist TSi2 21* :titleist-small:

Titleist T200 Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 5-PW :titleist-small:

Titleist SM 8 Wedges 50* 8 - 56* 14 - 60* 8 :titleist-small:

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport Putter :scotty-cameron-1:

Titleist Hybrid 14 Stand Bag :titleist-small:

Haven't heard many people mention Bad Birdie. I've been wearing them for a few years now and find them to be some of the most comfortable and best fitting I've used. I too will never buy Travis Matthew again...they just don't hold up. And Nike, UA, Adidas, etc are far too common and quite frankly have dropped in quality. I need to try Peter Millar...seen them at most nicer courses and stores and a friend swears by them.

RIDE

I have been struggling in the golf polo category. I feel like I fell for the "loud pattern, stretchy shirt" trend and now there are 20+ brands (literally) showing up on my social media feed offering the same ones! Glad to check out some other options though, since I'm not really a $100/shirt kind of guy. 

WITB:

Callaway Rogue ST - Driver

Titleist TS2 - 4 Wood

Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54 and Cleveland RTX4 58

#ROCKCHALK

Footjoy. Very stretchy and longer than others. PM is great but I like longer FJ, they are pretty similar. I rarely buy from pro shopt. Nordstrom Rack. Wait until end of year, buy in Oct - like 60% less. 

:callaway-small:  Rogue ST Driver 9.0 Mitsubishi MMT

:callaway-small: 3W Paradym 16.5 Hzardus Silver -1 loft

:callaway-small:  7W Paradym Hzardus Silver

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro 5-AW .5° flat

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 52° 56° 60°

:callaway-small: CBX2 56° 60° 1.5° flat

Axis Rose putter 33.5'' 

Titleist ProV1

Blue Tees Range Finder

There have been a couple more shirts added to my rotation,  Straight Down had a booth at our member/guest and was able to snag at $49, must say they are quality and well fitting shirts, great collar.   The other shirt/shorts I just received for Father's Day is from Chubbie, they are fun, colorul and comfortable!  

Peter Millar overpriced and a little boring overall.  I'm an old guy that likes colorful stuff that feels good.   Check out Pins and Aces website.............really fun stuff and these shirts feel amazing.  And about 1/2 the price of Millar

1 hour ago, Greg M said:

Footjoy. Very stretchy and longer than others. PM is great but I like longer FJ, they are pretty similar. I rarely buy from pro shopt. Nordstrom Rack. Wait until end of year, buy in Oct - like 60% less. 

Are you sure you get FJ products from Nordstrom?  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

2 hours ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Peter Millar and FJ are the two go-to shirts for me. Not cheap but it is worth it in my opinion. 

I second this. For me I would edge FJ above Peter Millar due to price but They run big and I usually size down in them. My 3rd would be Rhoback. Similar to FJ their collars are very rigid and taller than normal which I like.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Have always been very picky about apparel and FootJoy has always been my number one pick.  Love their selection, how they wear and fit.  With proper care they last.  In the lowcountry of S Carolina their products hold up to the high humidity and temperatures.  June thru September, quality materials are  a must.  The humiture is brutal on apparel and FootJoy really holds up.  I am retired and play many times a week and my shirts always look fresh.  I love their essentials, lisle self collar shirts.  They last and offer new and fresh colors each season, along with their standard colors.  Can find their at the majority of the pro shops and retail golf shops.  Most online golf retailers carry the lines, plus FJ has their own online ordering where one can pick up some unique limited edition apparel/items.  They sell to golf accounts.     

1 hour ago, Greg M said:

I saw those and they appear to be closeouts from various tournaments because they have their logos.  

I like PM but have been buying Dunning and they are well made shirts. They last. The other one is Bad Birdie if you want some cool fabrics and colors. Go one size larger on Bad Birdie though. Unless of course you like the "baby gap shirt" Brooks Koepka look. 

https://badbirdiegolf.com/collections/polos

https://www.dunninggolf.com/golf/shirts/ 

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

I love the Greyson shirts!  One of the few that fit me very well.  A little pricy, but worth it IMHO.  Good fit, very comfortable, and looks good (although I don't wear it quite like JT).  And the good news is that my club sells them!

A high index trying to get back to my lower one...

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth 9.5 degree

5W: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Hybrids:  Ping G410 (22, 26)

Irons: Ping i500 (U - 6)

Wedges: Volkey (54, 58)

Puma Cloudspun fabric is the most pleasant non cotton fabric I've found. Can get them for $60-$70 Canadian here at Golftown on sale. I always pick one of these first when my whole pile is clean 🙂

Mizuno ST-200 Driver

Srixon 4w

Ping 425 19* hybrid

Srixon zx utilty 3,4

Mizuno MP-60 Cut Muscle 6-pw

Vokey SM8 50,54,58

Wilson putter

Peter is a great option. But the Quality of Greyson is second to none. I love the 4 button option and the design the way the collar fits. Excellent product. 

Taylormade M5 Custom Aldila Rouge Black 130MCI SST Pure Shaft

Taylormade M6 3W Hazardus Yellow

Taylormade M6 3H Hazardus Black 

Callaway Apex Pro Forged SST Pure Irons KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Shaft 1degree upright with each 1/2 Shorter than Std.

Taylormade 50, 54 58 Wedges Custom s200 Shaft Stiff

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter 34'' Custom Fit Via Golftec.

Ball Srixon Z Star xv.

The search for a good golf shirt is nuts. There's 1000 options and it's hard to narrow it down. That said, when it is super hot out, I have some polos from Rhone that I tend to gravitate towards. They are the opposite of cheap and I would have never purchased them if they weren't on a mega sale.

Shep

USA Palm

Pins and Aces

Sunday Swagger

TM Stealth 8. Degree.Ventus blue tr 6x

Tm. Sim 3w. Ventus red tr 6s

Tm. Stealth 5 wood.  Ventus red tr 6s

Callaway Apex Pro 21. 4-pw irons. 

Titliest 50 degree Sm9 gap wedge.

Callaway jaws forged 56 and 60 wedges.

Odyssey Stroke Lab. Big 7 armlock putter

The three brands I like the best are Good Good, Primo and Bill Murray.  They are not cheap.  That said before I switched to these most of my polos were about 10 years old.  Buying high quality stuff lasts.  

Link Soul has the best shorts, Board Walker AC shorts are incredible!

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

After not enjoying about 5 different brands, I ended up finding the Under Armour Tech Golf Polo, and bought them in 5 different colors. Nothing fits my dad bod better (medium), and feels quite good, cold or hot and sweaty. I'm wearing Carolina Blue in my profile photo.

In my Side Street Back 9 bag (<--love this bag!):
Callaway Edge, regular flex, from Costco (D,3w,5h,6,7,8,9,P,S)
Pinseeker TPW 50°
Pinseeker TPW 60°
Odyssey White Hot putter with Flatso 17" grip (reverse arm lock)
TaylorMade Tour Response + found balls
Shot Scope PRO L2 Rangefinder

I also have several colors of UA Tech Golf Polos.  They are a little heavier weight so I will wear them when the morning is chilly.  I bought a Straight Down shirt on sale at a golf course in Palm Springs and loved it.  Unfortunately, I bought it when I was still losing weight and it’s a little big now; still wearable but now it’s relegated to a layer under a pullover.  I’ve since bought others when I see them on sale.  The William Murray shirts are also quite nice.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Rhône are my favorite. So soft and comfortable. They stretch and move with me so well. I have some Travis Matthew that I like, but some that I don’t. They seem to snag easy and some fabrics the collars pill up easily. I have a J Lindebergh that it’s pretty good. My Nike and UA are just ok. Haven’t tried pm yet, but I definitely like my Rhône ones the most.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

How about this, has anyone looked at the make of the shirt and correlated to true moister wicking? Peter Millar, which dominates my closet but is terrible for hot and humid temps, is 92% poly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Stealth 2+

3 Wood: Cobra Speedzone

Irons: P790s

Wedges: MG3s

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

23 hours ago, JeremyD said:

I've never tried Peter Millar or the scotty shirt, but I second the Callaway. I have one that I wear all the time

You need to wash it some time!🤣

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

I like Peter Millar and also Footjoy.   Being a big guy Footjoy are cut big and give me more room.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3wood: Titleist 917F

5 wood: Titleist 917F

irons Titleist T350 5-pe

hybrids Taylormade 4 

wedges: Titleist SM8 50/54/58

putter: Scotty Cameron Newport slotback

Peter Millar shirts are very nice and Footjoy are also nice. I’ve had a lot of luck with some of Normans line of shirts I like them because the sizing is very consistent. While we’re on the subject of shirts am I the only one who doesn’t care for all these quarter zip type shirts I just can’t stand the upright type collar on my neck.

I have a few Nike polos that I wear pretty frequently but my favorites are my Under Armour polos. They seem to breathe really well on the warm and humid days so I don’t feel like I’m overheating. I usually try to find the UA ones when they go on clearance at the outlet malls or on their app. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Peter Millar and Johnnie-O are my favorite golf apparel and love the modern fit, feel, and design.  I think the cost is based on the marketing but includes premium materials and designs.  PM and JO graphic novelty designs are better than others.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

I am in PNW, so, I can get away with wearing cotton/poly blends. I have a bunch of solid color polo's from Uniqlo, that, I bought on sale. The nicest polo, I have is from Kjus - Father's Day promotion.