Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wishon 557

tommc23

I decided for my three year anniversary of joining this forum to do a review on the irons I have been playing since before I joined this amazing place. These clubs were purchased after I had purchased a set of M2 irons that I did not like. I did not get fitted for the M2s and these clubs weren't fitted for me as most here would see a fitting take place. I got these from a guy that was building clubs since the 80s and he never used a trackman he relied on simple things and I feel as though he did a good job with me. I set an appointment to meet with him and I was taken to the back where I swung some clubs and hit some foam balls.

When I was done we talked about some clubs and we decided on these beautiful things. He had Wishon clubs, Muira, and KZG clubs sitting on the rack and those are what I chose from. From my swing speed and how he saw me load the club we decided on True Temper Dynamic Gold s300. Because of the size of my hands and how swinging clubs felt we chose Pure midsize grips.15911311013363023221357279185613.jpg

I had my choice of what I wanted to do set wise and we chose 4i through the A wedge. We chose this because I had a 56 and 60 in the bag already but didn't have any other wedges. Below I have the pitching wedge which is a beautiful clubs to hit. The 575mmc clubs have the option of having a cavity back for the higher end of the irons and muscle backs for the lower end. The cavity backs you could do from 3i to 7i and I did not want to have cavity backs that low. We went for a 4i and 5i in the cavity back with the rest being muscle backs. Below I have pictures of the 8i and the pitching wedge. The 8i is above with the wedge in the bottom two pictures.

20200602_102829.jpg

20200602_110139.jpg.60865b2d7c9bf62a265fa9f80c5f0b6f.jpg

20200602_111107.jpg

20200602_111110.jpg

I am glad that I chose to go with the cavity backs on the 4i and 5i clubs. They are still small and compact and they still sting with miss-hits but they do have more forgiveness than the muscle backs. I do love hitting the higher irons more than I ever did with any sets before this. They are butter smooth out of the rough or out of the fairways. The biggest regret that I have about the long irons is not ordering the 3i to go with the set. I know I can get the 3i at any time but I do wish that I didn't get one. When talking with the fitter I didn't hit the 4i well in the clubs I had before these so we chose to stop there. Now with how I hit these I do wish I had a 3i in the bag.

20200602_110127.jpg

20200602_110123.jpg

I have been having great success with these clubs I have pulled shots back from my wedges through the 4i depending on how wet the course is. I hit my 7i today with it moving back 5 feet from 170 out. I have done this many times in the past so today was not abnormal for me.

20200602_094622.jpg

If you look at the bottom of these clubs you can barely see any digs or scratches. These clubs have maintained their condition amazingly through three years of use and abuse. I have played on tough hard ground courses and today the fairway bunkers were rock hard and had lots of little stones in them. I have played these courses many times before without any issues of the clubs holding up. These clubs feel great when you hit them solidly but they do not kill your hands when you have a miss hit. You definitely feel a miss hit but it isn't a killer pain. I thinned some shots today and they didn't take off and fly a lot further than a solid hit so I didn't over fly many greens because of it.

If I had to go back I would have ordered the clubs the same way except order a 3i to the set. As you can see there isn't much offset to these clubs and they have a thin top line. The bottom of the clubs also is very thin even though the 4 and 5 are thicker on the bottom it isn't much. They have held up amazingly and I know I can get many more years out of these irons. The nice thing about these clubs is I am not great at shot shaping but I can move the ball both ways with these bad boys. I know that these clubs will make @Shankster a little jealous of how they look. I would love to see these clubs get tested in the players iron test. These clubs are great and I love how they feel and how consistent that they are even on miss hits. I know I am not the only ones who play Wishon clubs on this forum because I have had conversations about them in the past.

This is not going to be the best review ever done on this forum, but I decided to do this today while golfing. It's been an amazing three years of being on MGS and I look forward to many more years. 

As you'll see in my signiture below I play Wishon also. As a 5 hcp player mine are a more forgiving model. But... the best playing irons I've ever played. Mine were also custom and fit and built. Those 575's you have are nice.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

17 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

As you'll see in my signiture below I play Wishon also. As a 5 hcp player mine are a more forgiving model. But... the best playing irons I've ever played. Mine were also custom and fit and built. Those 575's you have are nice.

I just finished the full write up plaid it isn't the best one I've done but it will do. I remember you're one of a few other guys that are on here that play them.

Nice looking golfin sticks! Good info in the write-up and whatta cool way to be fit for clubs .. nice!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

I built a combo 575 set a few years ago. Long time Wishon fan. One of my all time favorite sets I built. I think the 575's are one of nicest/classiest irons available today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yea they are super smooth and fun to hit. I can throw darts with them when I am having a good day. Even on a bad day they feel great but you do feel miss hits but I love that.