Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SuperSpeedGolf Routine on Day of Play

Deadskins

Interesting discovery yesterday.  I shot my worst round in two months, after playing twice a week since June.  Looking back on the reasons I sucked, it was not my putting or sand rescues.  Those were actually better than normal.  It just seemed, and my ARCCOS post round data substantiated, that my 2nd and 3rd shots were consistently off by both distance and dispersion.  On the 17th, a playing partner also commented that my 54 degree wedge shot that bounced over the green was solidly hit, just too little feel for the shot.   I did my normal 5 shots per club warmup, although I was sweating a lot as it was upper 80s and high humidity at my 8:30 start time.  The only distance was I had gone thru my Week 12 SuperSpeedGolf exercises at 7 that morning.  I looked at my handicap scores and compared them with my exercise spreadsheet and discovered an amazing coincidence.  My four worst rounds since April have been April 28, May 5, May 19 and July 28.  Those were also the only four days where I did SuperSpeedGolf exercises and played on the same day.  Moral of the story:  I will continue to do the warmup exercises prior to playing, but, will not do the complete exercises prior to playing!

Ranny

That's interesting and not terribly surprising, IMO. For the most part, I have been trying to avoid the protocols and playing on the same day. In order to stay on schedule for the "official" review, I did do the workout after playing 9 in league one night, which I wouldn't recommend. If I recall correctly from some of the info prior to starting the review, SuperSpeed recommends not doing the workout the same day unless there is sufficient recovery time in between. I may not be remembering right, so don't quote me on that.

If you haven't already been doing so, your input in the official thread is welcome!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

57 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

That's interesting and not terribly surprising, IMO. For the most part, I have been trying to avoid the protocols and playing on the same day. In order to stay on schedule for the "official" review, I did do the workout after playing 9 in league one night, which I wouldn't recommend. If I recall correctly from some of the info prior to starting the review, SuperSpeed recommends not doing the workout the same day unless there is sufficient recovery time in between. I may not be remembering right, so don't quote me on that.

If you haven't already been doing so, your input in the official thread is welcome!

Good point, did not know I input to the official thread.

Ranny

1 hour ago, Deadskins said:

Good point, did not know I input to the official thread.

There are all kinds of people adding their input and experiences - guys from the last "official" test as well as guys that have been doing it a while and those that started around the same time we did.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges