Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Off Golf Topic, Tune in

JohnBarry

7pm EST, Old Dominion University vs William and Mary in the CAA Championship game, in Richmond VA!! Yes, taking off early to go support our team with a group of 6 friends! Will be on ESPN2 at 7pm, tune in, ODU might surprise a few teams in the NCAA this year (they are already in, a 10 seed predicted before the Tournament Started)

Gerald Lee, watch him!

old_dominion_monarchs_798861.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I'll be watching... I love March Madness... Especially this year with Syracuse most likely grabbing a number one seed, I'll be watching just about every game I can...Plus now that CBS streams all of the tournament games online I'll be watching at work too...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Looks like I'm not getting any work done this year come tournament time...

CBS just released an iPhone app the plays every game but the final live ... I can even watch the games while I drive... that might not be the best idea though...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

What do you all think about the possibility of making the tournament open to 96 teams?

I know Boeheim from Syracuse is pushing hard to get 96, and in 34 years of coaching he has made the Tourney 30 times, so he has selfish need to push for it...

He had a good point last week: when the 64 team bracket was set up there were 100 teams in the NCAA, now there are 350... Making the tournament is a one and done situation, and ANYONE can have a good run, even some teams that may not have been one of the top 64...

Look at some of the great teams that have emerged lately that no-one had ever heard of, and not are regulars...

Gonzaga

Davidson

Cornell

I'm sure there's more, but I don't think 96 teams would be that bad...

Here is the article:

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2010/02/syracuse_coach_jim_boeheim_con.html

While the NCAA considers whether to expand the annual college basketball tournament to include more teams, possibly as many as 96, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim continues to be one of the most vocal supporters of the movement.

On the Colin Cowherd show on Tuesday, Boeheim said 'now more than ever' an expansion is necessary.

"See, yesterday (Monday), Connecticut was out of the tournament, and they still may be out, but they're a team that can win games in the tournament. That's why we need an expansion," Boeheim said.

The NCAA tournament currently includes 65 out of 358 Division I college basketball teams. Coach Boeheim argues that with automatic bids, the tournament doesn't include all of the best teams in the country. "If we expand it to 96, one weekend give 32 teams off, let 32 teams play the next 32 - the last 32 - you'll come out after one weekend with the 64 best teams in the country and play the rest of the tournament."

In 1985, the field was expanded from 48 teams to 64, and a 65th team was added in 2001, when the number of automatic bids went from 30 to 31.

The NCAA has met with conference commissioners, university presidents and athletic directors to discuss the possibility of another expansion, but no decisions have been made yet. "It's just a series of ongoing dialogues with interested parties, but nothing definitive to even analyze at this point," said NCAA senior vice president Greg Shaheen earlier this month.

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

What do you all think about the possibility of making the tournament open to 96 teams?

The only downside I really see with that is that it could become May Madness unless they get creative with the scheduling.

I will be watching my Sundevils. ASU needs to make a splash in the conference tourney or they might be NIT bound this year. Man, how the mighty PAC has fallen!

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

I will be watching my Sundevils. ASU needs to make a splash in the conference tourney or they might be NIT bound this year. Man, how the mighty PAC has fallen!

Do not say N*T our loud.

GO DEVILS!!!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

It has really hurt having this be the final year for hoops at historic McArthur Court. The PIT was truly one of the great placed to watch a college basketball game. I am just glad that I got to take the daughter to a few before she was shuttered. make me kinda sad :P

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I am NOT in favor of this at all. Look at the absolutely mediocre teams that get in now. If you're on the bubble and you miss out, you should have won more games. Adding in another 32 (actually 31) lower tier teams from major conferences or middle tier mid majors will not make the tournament better. The teams that they will be adding do not have a realistic chance of winning. To me, expanding the field feels like what they're doing in high school sports (at least in IL) where they keep adding classes so they can have more state champions. It sounds like a nice idea that you're letting more teams in/having more teams win state titles, but you're devaluing that accomplishment in the process.

I'll be pulling for ASU. I loved Herb Sendek when he was at NCSU, probably my favorite opposing coach (he gave me one of my favorite ACC tourney stories), and I felt like he got a raw deal from the university and their fans. I was happy when he quit instead of getting fired.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

ODU with the big win, a 9 or 10 seed most likely. I hope it's on the East Coast, never been to an NCAA Tournament game, and yes, MGS and March Madness together combine for little work getting done.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived