Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The better F golfer Finau or Fowler

viking

Who win win more events?

Who will win more majors?

Both are great golfers and great people.

I saw Finau play he was great on the Canadian tour.

Fowler is a former great MX racer free styler.

Both can bring in the youger crowd to grow the sport.

Both are true gentlemen not phony.

Wish them all the best.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Right now, Id have to go with Finau.  He's been right on the doorstep a bunch of times.  Fowler seems like he'd rather hang out with his wife (cant say I blame him) than to work on his golf game.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Their was a few articles published today speaking on how Rickie needs to get it in gear or he may not qualify for the WGC. Tony is getting results, I would say Rickie’s popularity is still very high, but it’s a shame his game has been mediocre as of lately 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I like both Tony and Rickie.  Tony is consistently near the top of the leaderboard, but can't seem to put together a Sunday run.  Rickie had a miserable 2020 year... didn't we all.  Tony will be in the majors; Rickie is not qualified for The Masters, The PGA Championship, or The U.S. Open.  The time is now, otherwise 2021 will be worse than 2020.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tony is still ascending. He’s still learning how to win on tour, but tour wins are like birdies: you keep putting yourself in position and eventually they’ll drop.

Unfortunately, and I’ve said this in another thread, Rickie’s career arc resembles Sergio Garcia; all the talent in the world, and 30% of the wins he should have. I’m a huge Rickie fan too, I remember his monochromatic puma days: Before I was into golf I was an avid snowboarder and I remember thinking that Rickie had style; and maybe golf was cooler than I thought...

But I’m a huge Tony Finau fan; I live in SLC and used to run the grocery store he and his family went to when they lived here. And they are some of nicest people I’ve ever met. You can tell when a smile is genuine, and Tony’s always is.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

@viking Finau if he unlocks his potential. 

I believe Tony Finau is only swinging at about 70% of his full swing. I'd like to see him get comfortable pressing a bit more to the 85-90% effort. He would be in the top 3 for distance, his confidence would increase, and he would be even more geared to win. 

My opinion is that his mindset of not having to swing nearer to full also leaves him less hungry/competitive for the win.

Look at how much effort Justin Thomas puts in his swing and the wins he has racked up. 

I want to see Tony tee it up with some balls.

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

I think Rickie could have the quicker resurgence because he is a better putter. If he can get his swing "back" I think his putting makes him dangerous. I love Tony but his putting will get him in trouble especially on the weekend, though if the flat stick ever gets hot I could see a DJ level run coming.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

8 hours ago, Buffly said:

@viking Finau if he unlocks his potential. 

I believe Tony Finau is only swinging at about 70% of his full swing. I'd like to see him get comfortable pressing a bit more to the 85-90% effort. He would be in the top 3 for distance, his confidence would increase, and he would be even more geared to win. 

My opinion is that his mindset of not having to swing nearer to full also leaves him less hungry/competitive for the win.

Look at how much effort Justin Thomas puts in his swing and the wins he has racked up. 

I want to see Tony tee it up with some balls.

Watched an interview with him, he can swing it much faster than Bryson and has (shows the swing speed) but does not do it in competition, guess he feels it is not as consistent and maybe too tiring etc. You raise good points.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I like both Tony and Rickie.  Tony is consistently near the top of the leaderboard, but can't seem to put together a Sunday run.  Rickie had a miserable 2020 year... didn't we all.  Tony will be in the majors; Rickie is not qualified for The Masters, The PGA Championship, or The U.S. Open.  The time is now, otherwise 2021 will be worse than 2020.

The Puerto Rico curse?

Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, viking said:

Watched an interview with him, he can swing it much faster than Bryson and has (shows the swing speed) but does not do it in competition, guess he feels it is not as consistent and maybe too tiring etc. You raise good points.

He may be the tallest individual on tour and is quite stout physically. I actually think he would win more if he took the Bryson model of mashing the driver. 

Titleist ProV1

16 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

He may be the tallest individual on tour and is quite stout physically. I actually think he would win more if he took the Bryson model of mashing the driver. 

Very good points. But opposite of this is Speith seems to have gone downhill chasing distance (except of course recent good play).

On 2/17/2021 at 6:36 AM, tchat07 said:

I think Rickie could have the quicker resurgence because he is a better putter. If he can get his swing "back" I think his putting makes him dangerous. I love Tony but his putting will get him in trouble especially on the weekend, though if the flat stick ever gets hot I could see a DJ level run coming.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Great look at it.  Rickie is still one of the best putters on tour, he just can't get the ball on the green.  If Finau ever learns to putt, he'll wear them out.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX