Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PGL and SGL. Will they / should they happen?

Nassau

I am no fan of the proposed Premier or Super Golf Leagues proposed. They want to take the top 50 or so PGAers in 18 or so events pay them very very well i.e. $4M to event winner and crazy base salary rumored to be $50M. If that happens the only way to watch it and pay for it is very very high pay per view golf, it will seriously hurt both the PGA and European PGA for those events on the same date. Makes the $15M Fed Ex Cup winner seem very small potatoes.

PGA is trying to ban golfers who switch over from competing in any of the 4 Majors and likely the Players championship, eh 5 top events that pay ~$2M to the winner.

Never will have underdogs or up and commers compte like Richard Bland or Wil Zalatoris or Wilco N.

What are your thoughts and concerns?

There has been some discussion about this already.  The one thing to remember is that golf is a PGA professionals way to make money;  it is their job.   Can these tours survive with just the top players?   Would the PGA tour die if they lost the top 50 players?    For me it wouldn't change my golf watching  habits;  wouldn't pay for pay-per-view events and would watch whomever is televised.   It is appealing to some players simply because it is guaranteed income.  I wonder how these new leagues will maintain players;   do they bring on new talent out of colleges or do they take people away from the PGA after they become somewhat successful?   Would the PGA tour make new players sign contracts to no play on the other tour?  

Way too many unknowns and not sure how the new leagues would be able to financially support paying golfers.   There has to be income;  they wouldn't do it to lose money.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It will be funded mainly from pay per view and some sponsorship. If PGA lost top 50 or 100 if both PGL and SGL are both created, PGA will try to ban those players from PGA events and majors, tour TV etc. will go down with top players gone. I know Harris English said pay me $50M and I will join and likely many others as well. Obviously great for the top 50 but bad for all the rest.

Please post link to other topics / threads on this. Thanks.😃

1 minute ago, Nassau said:

It will be funded mainly from pay per view and some sponsorship. If PGA lost top 50 or 100 if both PGL and SGL are both created, PGA will try to ban those players from PGA events and majors, tour TV etc. will go down with top players gone. I know Harris English said pay me $50M and I will join and likely many others as well. Obviously great for the top 50 but bad for all the rest.

understand those things.   You have to get people to actually pay for those events.   It is unknown if the viewership would go down.  You are assuming that people only tune in because they want to see the top players.  The top players continually turn over as the current ones get older and new ones take the stage.    Not necessarily bad for those not joining the new tour,  as those players considered to be the best may not be playing.   

You can use the search feature to search for other threads.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, Nassau said:

These are a few that touch on many of the same topics that this thread will likely turn into. Although they have different names or wider scopes the basics are the same. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)