Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What food/beverages do you consume during a round?

cnosil

Gatorade or Powerade to drink during the round. For food there is usually PBJ uncrustables in my bag. Sometimes a bag of dried apricots. After the round I might have a Coke.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 11/1/2021 at 9:36 AM, cnosil said:

I was assessing my last round and realized I have an issue keeping focused for all 18 holes.   Usually I will only have water during my round and not consume any food.  Yesterday my group started later than normal so about halfway through my round I noticed I was getting hungry.  I known when I am volunteering at my local LPGA event the players are always consuming some type of food or energy drink (most of the players seem to put some kind of powder in their waters) throughout the round.  Wondering f my focus is related to a lack of energy obtained from food.  

what do you consume during your rounds of golf? Feel free to separate casual friendly rounds from more serious rounds if you treat them differently.   

I'm sure you'll get many different answers on this question. Some enjoy their beers and dogs/burgers/brats and other "unhealthy" things. Lord knows I love a good dog at the turn. But I haven't done those types of things in a long time (never drank on the course though).

For me, I keep it somewhat simple. Although this year I added a little something extra now that I'm back in a humid climate compared to AZ where I've been the previous 3.5 years.

1. PB&J, usually consumed at the turn.
2a. Nature Valley Peanut & Dark Chocolate protein bars, usually have a couple in the bag and/or in the carts cubby area for consumption around mid front and mid back.
2b. I also have some Belvita Bites/Biscuits and some Nature Valley granola bars I can pull from as well. Just depends on my mood and what sounds good when I'm getting the bag all set at home.
3. Powerade/Gatorade Zero (whichever is on sale when I need to restock), kept in the cooler with some of my smaller freezer packs. This is either consumed straight from the bottle or I'll grab a cup and ice from the snack bar either before the round or at the turn, depending on start time. I try to stay away from the sugary versions as it's bad for me, but the Zero versions aren't (well, let's just say they're not as bad as the full sugar ones).
4. Water, kept in one of my large Bubba mugs that have a base that fits into a cup holder in the cart. I'll start with a full one with water and ice on the opening tee box, then refill either at the turn or whenever the rangers roll around with their coolers of ice and water. It's about 30oz, and I'll go through 2-3 a round at least during the summer months due to the humidity and sweating. I take a sip after almost every shot to ensure I get enough throughout the round. Once I crack open the Powerade/Gatorade, I'll go through that first and then work back to the water.
5. Electrolyte powder, this is the new one this summer. I have a few options that I can pull from in the pantry, and they're various flavors that I either mix together or just get a single flavor. Ultima, Pedialyte, and NUUN have been the 3 I've used most. I generally put 2 of the single serve packets in my mug at the start of the round and work through it early on before I get too dehydrated. I keep a few in the bag in case I feel I need them mid-round when I refill my mug.

Obviously this is what I do and what works for me. Hopefully it will give you some ideas you can pull from and find the version that works best for you.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I usually take two sandwiches or the er turkey or PB&J. I have one I keep in my cooler bag on my push cart and have it at the turn. I have one I keep in a cooler in the car and have it on my way home from the course. 
I take four cutties(small oranges) I have two on the front 9 and two on the back 9. 
I take three beers to have during the round. Usually two Dos Equies and one Big Blue Van.

I take 64 ozs of water in 2 hydro flasks and electrolyte powder to add to the water during the round.

Derek Lusk

I like Gatorade Zero for my typical drink of choice, or if I am playing a leisurely round with friends where I am totally unconcerned with score, I will have a John Daly or two 😁. For food, I like to have some trail mix and string cheese. Easy to eat and little to no mess!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I primarily drink water on the course.  If it's for a benefit tournament then I may have a beer or two but even then I bring my water bottle.  

Snacks, I stick to peanuts most of the time as it's easy to keep in the bag.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Since I play at first light in the morning, there's not a need for a snack.  If I do eat something, it's a granola bar (I like the Nature Valley Sweet and Nut bars) or a banana.  One of my playing partners has a superstition and always brings a tangerine or Halo mandarin for "citrus" at the turn.  Living on an island, it's always good to fight scurvy.  

Because it's Key West and typically hot, I need to keep hydrated (especially in the summer).  I either drink unsweetened iced tea (stop at Dunk's on the way to the course) in an insulated Trevis tumbler or I'll get a Gatorade/Powerade, take a few sips and put it in to the freezer before I go to bed.   When I leave for golf, it's frozen solid.  As it melts, I'll take a few sips.  After the turn, it's typically melted and stays cold.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I used to just drink water and would completely run out of energy by 15...the last few holes were always a struggle (over and above the standard struggle of trying to play good golf). 

Now, I drink a lot of water and eat a package of trail mix around holes 6 and 13 (get these at Costco, about 200 calories each). The trail mix is a good balance of immediate energy (dried fruits) along with heavier food stop me from feeling hungry (the nuts). 

Driver:  Callaway Mavrik 10.5->9.5, Paderson KinetiXX Launch R

Wood:  Callaway Mavrik 3, Paderson KinetiXX Launch R 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 4H, Graphite Design Tour AD R

Irons:    Miura CB301, 5-gw, Aerotech Steelfiber I95 R

Wedge: Vokey SM8 54 and 58, 12 bounce, D grind, Shimada tour black

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Water with the Liquid IV packs mixed in. I will keep applesauce pouches and bars in my bag as well. If I know it’s going to be a long round I’ll pack a PB&J for the turn. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

• 1 month later...

On my way to the course, I'll stop at Dunk's and pick up a large unsweetened ice tea.  I split it with a smaller Tervis tumbler so half of it says cold for the back nine.  I'll pour a little lemon juice in the tumbler before I leave so I can mix it in.  At the turn, my group shares tangerines/Halos as a quick snack.  Before ice tea, the night before I played golf, I'd open a Gatorade or other similar drink, take a few sips and freeze it.  On the golf course I would drink it as it melted so it was always cold.  

I'm not a fan of drinking alcohol on the course.  The game tends to be tough enough.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  
  • League nights:  Six pack or more 😂
  • competitive: granola bars and hydration packets in water

WITB

My current go to is two bagels with cream cheese (one on each nine) and then a Skratch peanut butter/chocolate protein bar as a backup. I usually drink 32oz of water per nine, and about double that on liquids in summer.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

We usually play early in the morning (8:00-ish), so I make sure to eat a full breakfast (bacon / eggs for protein).   Then I take two bottles of water along and try to drink one on the front nine and one on the back.   I also take along some kind of snacks and begin eating by hole #8 or 9.....that could be peanut butter crackers, granola bar, apple, peanuts.....it varies.  But I'm trying to ensure that I have enough energy for the back nine.   My method has worked (for me) pretty well so far......

Driver:  Ping G, 12*, Senior Flex

Woods:  Orlimar Trimetal +, 20* and 26*  /Taylormade 300 Series 23* 

Hybrid:  Maltby STi, 24*

Irons:  Maltby PTM, 6-PW

Wedges:  Indi SuperGap 49*  Maltby M-Series 54* and 58*

Putter:  Maltby PTM-5 mallet