Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Maltby Pure-Track SS Putter Shaft

Kansas King

Golfworks has released an interesting new counterbalance putter shaft under the Maltby line. The shaft is appears to be a heavy aluminum shaft on the butt end that transitions into steel for the final few inches. The stock shaft is 38" and the heavy aluminum portion represents 32" from the butt. According to Britt Lindsey's comments on the Maltby Forum, it appears the shaft is designed for putter heads ranging from approximately 360 - 390 grams but must be at least 350 grams to have any feel. The shaft itself weighs 265 grams which is considerably heavier than the roughly 130 gram standard putter shafts. 

I find this shaft to be intriguing and wonder if anyone has ordered one yet. I can't seem to find much else like it on the market but I'm sure it's not alone. Maybe it's a ripoff of something else out there but I can't seem to find much. There are the BGT Stability shafts but they don't seem to have the same weight to them and they cost around $300.

I'm curious if anyone has any insights on these shafts. The idea of counterbalancing a putter using a shaft that distributes the weight more evenly through the length of the club than just shaft butt weights and heavy grips seems interesting.