The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

36 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

@BIG STU I wear Sqairz shoes and really like them.  Very good space in the toe area.  I also wear a PowerStep shoe insert for Plantar Fasciitis and show still has plenty of room. I wear a size 12 find the Sqairz very comfortable. Most of my golf is played walking.  

Thank you I also wear arch support braces. I got on a deal and have been wearing Skoni brand shoes the last 3 years. They are great shoes but will not hold up for a big guy like me. I will not fault them though because I feel they were never designed to hold up to a 350 pound guy even riding. I have 5 pairs and the company warrantied one set no questions asked. The others have held up pretty well considering how much golf I play. But it is time for me to change I feel and so I am searching

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

1 hour ago, RichL85 said:

Morning to the community. This morning is starting off by slamming a couple cups of coffee to try to wake up after a pretty late night. I always feel off when my schedule is messed with. Last night was one of those nights with my brother in law cooking for everyone. Was delicious, and I enjoyed the night off from cooking, but I'm definitely not used to eating dinner at 11pm.

Things are about as good as they can be given the current situations. The kids are excited and dreading going back to school next week, so working them back to their usual sleep routine is going to be priority number one starting this weekend. 

I've got a long day of work ahead of me between lab tests, meetings, and my class lecture, but I'd rather be busy than bored, so I've got that going for me at least. Almost to the weekend, which will bring about an eerie sense of quiet I'm sure as our current house will go from 9 people to 4 on Saturday. It's been good to see family for the first time in 5 years, but having that many people around is exhausting for me. 

my grandkids don't go back until the 1st week in september, maybe yours start their summer holidays a bit earlier

committed to performance excellence

57 minutes ago, Rick Bouchard said:

Big storm moved in early in the am today. Forecast is for torrential downpours till tomorrow. Golf outing cancelled this morning, but the email notification went into spam folder. I got on the road early and called my buddy to see where he was, maybe grab a bite to eat, and he says "didn't you see the email!" Oh well, we need the rain here for sure.

I think you guys in Virginia and NC got it worse than we did in my area of the SC coast. Where I am at in the Murrells Inlet/Garden City area something to do with high pressure split the storm and it went around us and formed back up around the North Myrtle Beach area. I know in the Pee Dee region area of SC NW of me they got more rain than we did. From what I am reading I think the Wyndam event in Greensboro NC is cancelled today. My bud in Charlotte called last night and said they were expecting a lot for them today and tonight

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!!  Hope you are having a terrific Thursday and dreaming of the weekend!!  Watching the Golf Olympics and can’t believe Nellie took a Quad on a par 3… from 2 off the lead to 6 back.  Work to do now this weekend!!

Went to the course yesterday for practice.  A guy was watching me pitch balls onto the pitching green; I was practicing Dan Grieve’s Release 2 technique and stuffed 6 balls close to one of the pins.  Later he came up and said he liked my swing.  🤣  Sometimes it can be a dumpster fire!  He said he struggles with his game… tall, slender guy, and he said that everyone thinks he should hit the ball a long way.  He only hits it 260-280 yards… hahahahaha!! 🤣  And here I am hoping to get to 210 yards!  However, he can’t break 80.  At least I have that going for me.

I saw the testing opportunity for the Callaway Opus wedges.  I’d be interested if they had full-face grooves.  It seems like most of the people signing up didn’t read the fact that the testing is for TWO wedges; people are listing the 3 clubs they want.  😆  Sad!

LOL I am in that 210 camp right along with you. I am leaning on my short game more than ever these days.

LOL on the wedges people generally do not pay attention to anything or comprehend what they read. On those wedges I am pretty well set on what I have now in my bag and what I have in the stash. I would rather someone that needs them to apply and test them

G

41 minutes ago, jbern said:

I know the feeling there! I took the kids out for an hour earlier this summer, and I think I got one single cast in (that probably got interrupted 😆). Otherwise, it was untangling lines, putting worms on hooks, swapping lures (because they aren't working dad!). 

They had a great time, though, and that's what counts!

I am not much of a fisherman. We did charter a deep sea boat like 15 years back with some folks we know. I had a ball drinking beer and baiting hooks and helping land and pull fish off the hook. I do not remember but I think I never wet a hook that day for myself which was ok because best I can remember I had fun

G

2 hours ago, Erin B said:

I’m working from home today and this little turd won’t leave me alone @cksurfdudeIMG_5887.jpeg.11d8503c563ab7842ef92369a48fdbf6.jpeg

Beautiful--- Funny no matter the breed all of them can give you "that look"

G

43 minutes ago, Cameron999 said:

An oddly productive morning for me. Breakfast, bloodwork, wash car, went to club and hit some balls with my bride. Now waiting for my 1pm tee time for men’s league. It’s a good day hope the same for you all. 

picture from Ridge at Manitou and some company we had. 

IMG_1373.jpeg

I think we now have an answer to the old question, does a bear 💩 on the fairway?

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

52 minutes ago, jbern said:

I wear Altra and Xero shoes for running, hiking and day-to-day use. I have TRUE linkswear zero drop golf shoes. Since I'm used to the zero drop (barefoot) style shoe, the TRUE linkswear have been the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever had. They were pretty affordable too. I think my wife got them during a sale for around $50. 

I wore Altras all last season! They were great for my game but completely wore them out.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Woods: TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png3W Mini TaylorMade S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD Proj.X IO shaft 6.5

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

36 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

my grandkids don't go back until the 1st week in september, maybe yours start their summer holidays a bit earlier

In the counties NW of us they started last week. My county was supposed to start this week but due to the weather they have not went yet.

Growing up in Charlotte NC we started the Tuesday after Labor Day. Eastern NC where my grandparents were from they started 2 weeks later than we did because of the Tobacco harvest season. But most of the time in my area we had snow days which they rarely had. We usually let out the same time usually the first Monday in June.  At the time state law dictated we have at least 180 days of school. One year which was unusual we had like 3 weeks of snow and ice and we only went like 175 days that year but the state did an amendment, and we got out as normal

G