The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

Good morning MGSpies on a sunny cold for the season WNY Saturday and the day will be like Robert @rkj427's weather wise and trees should be poised to start changing color now the first cold night below 50 has happened.  Yesterday's golf was preempted by a return to auto shop to have an oil leak mended, required a new seal for the front crank replacement a couple weeks ago.

be20aaa22bfe4e8b85098d41036fbc39.jpeg.6241bb0bfaf33e52aa0d5e34961e491d.jpeg

Jason @sirchunksalot I know that worry, our 14+ year old corgis are now pretty much deaf to my voice but they can hear when things are going on in the house, not responding to favorite words, but the real concern is cataracts and using the stairs between family room and 5 steps to kitchen level - up is no problem for the male Gelert but the female Gwynedd (Gweneth is the Welsh spelling same pronunciation) is getting tender in the hips and needs a back foot boost to get up the steps able to run up with her front paws - and down is the danger.  They cannot see the lower steps even with extra lights shining on the lower steps, they fret taking a step or two and are committed, Gwynedd has to do it herself and will not move with a hand on her collar for assistance but Gelert even with a hand on his collar will try to jump the last step or 2 so making sure he doesn't lift is important.  Gwynedd has misjudged and hurt front or back paw, will hold it up and limp for a while and once I was worried about a sprain or worse, but the next time I saw her she was moving like before.  So best I can say is give puppers time to work it out and be as patient with them as they are with us.  

Hope the round is going well @Erin B and @Josh Parker.  Yesterday looked like a great day for golf and I don't think I'm alone when I say SHARE MORE PHOTOS of the round!!!

It's great getting back to living vicariously in your neck of the woods @BIG STU as your time away was much too long, Your posts are like pages in a novel, keep them coming!

@Shankster I'm already wearing the layers too Alan and that includes in the house with the downturn in the weather about 3 weeks later than usual here, but I cannot do the shorts thing with the way leg muscles will cramp on a day cooler than the low 70s, no parka for me as with layers and hat I prefer smaller jackets (last parka I wore was delivering newspapers in school days when blustery winter snow, sleet and hail made that snorkel hood essential).

Back to thinking warm, house jobs today and tomorrow, with something golf tomorrow afternoon. Planning as many afternoons of golf for next week after work as possible to squeeze it in before season end.  Hope golf is a part of your day! ⛳

Thanks for the kind words and advice, Derek. We're letting her pretty much rest and take it easy today and keeping a vigilant eye on her to make sure she doesn't jump down from the couch. I'm glad that I'm seeing progress from last night, it was breaking my heart to watch her almost plant her face in the floor trying to walk. 

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thanks for the kind words and advice, Derek. We're letting her pretty much rest and take it easy today and keeping a vigilant eye on her to make sure she doesn't jump down from the couch. I'm glad that I'm seeing progress from last night, it was breaking my heart to watch her almost plant her face in the floor trying to walk. 

Prayers for the pupper

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Up this am. took the Big Boy out to do his Puppy business and am back in. He is back in the bed curled up to his momma.

No golf again today. We decided not to play the Par3 too much hassle getting there and back. The Fall Bike Rally is going on plus there are a lot of others down here. The course is right by the Southern entrance of Ocean Blvd. The Harley shop which is a bed of activity is right down the road. When you live down here as long as we have you learn certain weeks to cut your travel down and to pre plan getting supplies and stuff. I guess it is the price you pay living in a Tourist Mecca.

I am planning on being at Home Depot early to get a new weed whacker since after 10 years mine died yesterday. But I will be out before the idiots get up.

I guess I could have played the Saturday Shootout Drunk fest/cheat fest at my course, but I would rather not play than to play in it. I used to love it but in the last year it has turned into a S show. I can mess around here at the house and have more fun these days. 

those "saturday shootout drunkfest/ cheat fests" are fun for a few years then they get tired quite quickly for me... even corporate outings got tired really quickly..

committed to performance excellence

4 hours ago, Erin B said:

IMG_6367.jpeg

Large bearded men golfing .. and then presumably harassing the bartender at The 19th 😆

Enjoy the day gents!! 👍

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning everyone!

I'm a little stressed right now, our weenie dog Priya hurt her foot last night and is limping around.

So sorry to see this. Hate hate hate when you see your fur baby hurt and they can't tell you what's wrong... 😞Hopefully it's just something minor that will clear out quickly! 🤞

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

..but the real concern is cataracts and using the stairs between family room and 5 steps to kitchen level - up is no problem for the male Gelert but the female Gwynedd (Gweneth is the Welsh spelling same pronunciation) is getting tender in the hips and needs a back foot boost to get up the steps able to run up with her front paws - and down is the danger.  They cannot see the lower steps even with extra lights shining on the lower steps, they fret taking a step or two and are committed, Gwynedd has to do it herself and will not move with a hand on her collar for assistance but Gelert even with a hand on his collar will try to jump the last step or 2 so making sure he doesn't lift is important.  Gwynedd has misjudged and hurt front or back paw, will hold it up and limp for a while and once I was worried about a sprain or worse, but the next time I saw her she was moving like before.

I'd picked up this for my two old boys - one grudgingly crossed it while the other still tried to jump over it 🤦‍♂️

20241005_115128.jpg.6cd5ae8ac23da1c29506a54bc181c63a.jpg

But there are different sizes, variations, price levels available at pet stores and online if you want to look into one. 

Edited by cksurfdude

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Large bearded men golfing .. and then presumably harassing the bartender at The 19th 😆

Enjoy the day gents!! 👍

So sorry to see this. Hate hate hate when you see your fur baby hurt and they can't tell you what's wrong... 😞Hopefully it's just something minor that will clear out quickly! 🤞

I'd picked up this for my two old boys - one grudgingly crossed it while the other still tried to jump over it 🤦‍♂️

20241005_115128.jpg.6cd5ae8ac23da1c29506a54bc181c63a.jpg

But there are different sizes, variations, price levels available at pet stores and online if you want to look into one. 

That's a pretty good idea! We have a set of stairs, but they don't like it so a ramp might be a good idea. Thanks Chuck!

About to get the day started.  Checked in and about to go warm up. @Erin B

20241005_115057.jpg.5168f75e2f537bb2d3a6f791335d1901.jpg

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Good morning (well, afternoon 😂) spies and happy Saturday. 

Going to go to an apple orchard with the family this afternoon and then hoping to sneak out on the golf course this evening before it gets dark. Itching to get back out with the GT woods!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Good afternoon! Finally sitting down for a moment and I’m about to turn on the Tigers VS Gaurdians game! I got heckled quite a bit at my kids’ activities for wearing my guardians gear in tiger territory, but I can handle it. Especially if Cleveland wins!

Have a good day everyone!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Good morning all. 

Wishing for recovery for your Priya @sirchunksalot

Coffee is helping to wake me up while I wait on the oven to heat up to get breakfast really started. Going to be a busy weekend of cleaning/decluttering this time. My wife is off for the weekend so we can actually get together and do this without wondering whether the other actually needs something or not. Eventually we will have to deal with the stuff in her father's room, but for right now, we have the rest of the house to go through. It's impressive when you take a minute to look around and realize the amount of stuff that has accumulated, and also a little sad to realize how much of it was realistically unnecessary. 

It's been a challenge getting a good night's sleep recently so the coffee is definitely a necessity in the morning. Between the two kittens and the diabetic dog, I'm up probably 3 or 4 times a night for various reasons. My wife even commented on the grey hair, as if I didn't know that I had it already. 🤨

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing