Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Getting VERY excited!

I bet! Muirfield is weird. If you are lucky enough to get on, you will not play a normal 18-hole round. You'll either play best ball or alternate shot. Muirfield is renowned as the home of the two-hour round (your partner in alternate shot goes ahead and waits for your ball to come to rest, kind of a golfing relay), followed by the four-hour lunch (jacket and tie required, and there's often significant imbibing along with that).

I entered the OC lottery last September for April 2024 and actually was successful, but the lottery drawing was held while I was in Scotland, I didn't have $600 free at the moment (you have to commit to OC and a second round at another St. Andrews Links course, and pay for both) and the guy who I'd entered the lottery with couldn't commit to an April trip because of his work schedule -- and I had to pay the $600 before Halloween. So I had to let the spots go. Killed me to do that, but it was a lot easier since I had played the OC five days before.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

One more note about Muirfield. If you do get on, be alert to the land just outside the boundaries of the course. It's probably better land for golf than what you're playing on, and the club owns it, but they have decided not to build a second course. But if they ever do it will be an AWESOME links course.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Good stuff - thanks so much @ILMgolfnut!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

One more Muirfield story, which is pretty funny. For years access to the course was guarded by the club secretary, a retired Royal Navy captain named Paddy Hanmer. He became legendary for his ways of saying no, even to incredibly wealthy and powerful people who weren't used to being told no, and if you hadn't made the proper arrangements months in advance, as you are trying to do, "no" was what you were going to hear. Even Payne Stewart was turned down to play at Muirfield once, because he hadn't made arrangements -- and the course was absolutely empty that day.

But there was one exception that Hanmer told. A guy from Idaho walked into his office and asked to play. Hanmer said no. "Are there any cancellations?" Hanmer said he wasn't a fortune teller, how would he know? Then the guy from Idaho said "Can I take your picture?" Hanmer asked why would he want to take a picture? "I want a picture of the man who kept me from playing Muirfield." Hanmer said "That is the most original approach I've ever heard. Go get your clubs; you're playing the course."

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 hours ago, J7Hawkins said:

George Howell makes great coffee for anyone interested! I owned a craft coffee roastery for a while and George Howell was a inspiration in our roast style very often!

The price point is decent as well for the quality that he produces!! I enjoy his and Cafe Cubano as well as Good Harbor Roasters

Screenshot_20240223_091752_Chrome.jpg

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

On 2/21/2024 at 7:21 AM, EasyPutter said:

🎂 had a great lap counter around the 🌞 day 

99 🚙Beep Beep

A few days late (and a few dollars short) but Happy Happy Happy!!

AND the countdown meter drops down into double digits on your birthday?

AustinPowers.jpg.d45387f39d865c3815a8d7303faa8ceb.jpg

On 2/21/2024 at 7:55 AM, Jmikecpa said:

As of this morning I now have three teenagers in my house. Our youngest turns 13 today

Ohh boy.... Hopefully you don't have to switch from CHA on here to having to go to AA meetings somewhere... 😆 

Haha hope she had a FUN birthday!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

what time is dinner @Josh Parker? Mmm ribs 🤣
Have a Great Day & Great Weekend Everyone! Stay Warm & Hit’em straight⛳⛳

Haha. About 6pm. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

32 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Morning all,

nothing really planned for the day as still not wanting to test the ankle much today. Certain movements still have a slight pain. May go help peel shrimp for our Ruritan Club supper tonight. They are making jambalaya and it’s supposed to be a hit. Hope everyone has a good day. 

Hope it heals quickly!! Are you using an ACE wrap or some sort of immobilizer on it?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Is there a resale value for the skins? Heard they make for good tacos too!

Cool that the golf course is allowing you to eradicate the issue too!  I have .22 Rossie with 25rd extended mag. No can on the tip, but this thing is already pretty quiet. Scinty 9x75 scope with dual optics and night range feature on sights.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning!

I'm just dragging myself out of bed and taking the first few sips of coffee while fighting off the attention starved animals. I slept way too much last night, not counting the 2 or 3 times I woke up I think it was almost 12 hours. I guess that's one way I feel like a teenager again. 

@Wheelieb I hope your ankle starts feeling better and it's good you're going to take it easy in it for a couple of days. My sausage roll of a dog tried jumping on the couch Thursday night and decided to use mine as a step and aggravated mine. I can't blame her, Mommy and Daddy were cuddled up on the couch and she wanted to be part of the snuggle pile. 

I'm now waiting for FedEx to show up with my wife's computer. We had to send it back to the manufacturer because it was shutting itself down and the fixes they had is try didn't work. I'm no longer computer savvy and do everything on my phone. I am going to get her to show me how to use the webcam and microphone for the community call so maybe I can see the screen better. 

I hope you all have a great start to the weekend!

Instant jail in the Keys for shooting anything more than a BB gun and I live on the course nobody is letting anyone do anything it just so happens maybe a few go away every morning and I have tried them as the Cubans eat them and I typically like their food but didn't care for the lizard. Love Gator but pass on the Liz. My rifle is dead quiet or I wouldn't think of it. That Rossi is a nice gun. I have a massive collection of Putters, guns and watches I'm a little tweaked that way 🤣🤣

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

4 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Good morning Spies!

Coffee just finished brewing and I am about to start prepping 3 racks of ribs for this evenings dinner with family.  We are hosting my folks and my sisters family so all the kids can splash in the hot tub. 

Early afternoon round planned with the guys and weather should be great.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thinking about firing up my smoker with some wings today , might make  for some tasty snacks this evening 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

18 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Instant jail in the Keys for shooting anything more than a BB gun and I live on the course nobody is letting anyone do anything it just so happens maybe a few go away every morning and I have tried them as the Cubans eat them and I typically like their food but didn't care for the lizard. Love Gator but pass on the Liz. My rifle is dead quiet or I wouldn't think of it. That Rossi is a nice gun. I have a massive collection of Putters, guns and watches I'm a little tweaked that way 🤣🤣

IMG_20200722_060814_791.jpg

20181221_195112.jpg

IMG_20190404_185506_525.jpg

IMG_20190417_064408_394.jpg

That collection is cool but I'm way more interested in your avitar and what appears to be you in an boat?  Have numerous fly rods, will travel, and pay for gas 😊.  My last trip to that area was in 2002, Marathon Key and Black Ghost Outfitters (no longer in business). 

It is absolutely true what a school of daisy chaining Tarpon, that look like chrome 55 Buick fenders, does to ones composure.  I'd long read how even the most competent fisherman suddenly cannot find the arse with both hands and thought it was poppycock... nope 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

30 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

IMG_20200722_060814_791.jpg

20181221_195112.jpg

IMG_20190404_185506_525.jpg

IMG_20190417_064408_394.jpg

Sadly, my " "inherited collection" " was lost during a boating accident in 2020. Somehow all the photos and videos of them disappeared as well...😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

18 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Good morning MGS Troops! It’s windy in Cheyenne. Too windy to play golf. This was yesterday’s round wind in Northern Colorado.image.jpeg.30eff3fa347b22ac876da5d8327a6ce9.jpeg

image.jpeg.1288b9b15185d0e8e0a9f750ce3cd1f6.jpeg

it made for some challenging play.  It’s gusting ove 50mph in Cheyenne this morning already. Los Poopies graced me with their presence for a cup o Joe outside for about a minute. They do not like the wind. I really wanted to play today but looks like I’m out. Oh well, the wind took its toll on me yesterday so maybe it’s G*Ds way of saying “Mucho take it easy”. Hope everyone is feeling well this morning. As always, Happy Birdie Hunting!!

Your photo reminds me of the views I had from the courses I played in Montana.  Your forecast reminds me how much I don't miss the prevailing winds through that region 😲.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)