Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The (VGA) Veterans Golf Association (Lacassem's Journey & Others)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Damn Texas! Have ya tried reaching out? Could be worth collaborating and trying to get some stuff closer to your area if you can

I did. They're hiring an assistant director to address this kind of issue. They say they have "several" events in the area, but also mentioned that lots of members travel for tournaments too.

golf is fun

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SBH93458 said:

@KurtActualMy experience is that opening doors to courses for the VGA state directors and assistant directors helps.  They can do a lot but sometimes the difference in it being close to you and further away is your direct engagement.  

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying. Are you saying I should be the one contacting courses in my area on behalf of the VGA to host tournaments?

golf is fun

27 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying. Are you saying I should be the one contacting courses in my area on behalf of the VGA to host tournaments?

I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t, but when offered to do so for my assistant director… he readily accepted.  So I opened a couple doors.  I don’t represent VGA and wouldn’t want to be in their way officially.