Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

70's Golf Clothes

JohnBarry

Ok, here are a couple of not so great iPhone pictures of my golf pants, and 1 outfit. Enjoy the retro look, the polyester feel, and the heads turning your way at the course as you snap a slice off on the first tee!!

70\'s pants 1.jpg

70\'s pants 2.jpg

70\'s out fit.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have several hats I have my eye on, all of them are in the "free bowl of soup" range and will compliment the outfits nicely!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Pink/Navy to Navy checkered pants.

The rest are hard to picture without a shirt with them.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Found a lot of nice ones there, just too expensive. Khols has a nice Bowl of Soup collection in stock locally.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Found a lot of nice ones there, just too expensive. Khols has a nice Bowl of Soup collection in stock locally.

We actually have those here now. Thanks I'll pop in during my travels.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Red plaid pants. my faves.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

OK John fashion question. Nic's red plaid comment got me thinking about the mod/punk 70's fashions. Do you see any place for the edgier use of plaid on the course? Obviously not the bulky leathers. More of the tartan skinny bondage pants type thing. Without the straps too, I guess.

Volvo Intorqueo

It's all about the plaid this year for me. Nike has some really cool plaid pants I will be sporting soon, and I'm sure that Puma will have something to offer.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Are those LL Bean pants... I scored a pair at the local rescue mission for $1.50... now I just need to work up the balls to wear them on the course...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Are those LL Bean pants... I scored a pair at the local rescue mission for $1.50... now I just need to work up the balls to wear them on the course...

You just gotta do it. Walk up like you own the place, and no one sill say a thing.

just don't snipe the first tee shot.

Or just immediately claim shoulder injury. Danny can take over

Nic is right attitude would carry this even I've a poor game

Ive done it. Walked in wearing the most outrageous outfit, asked what the course record was, and headed out. all I got was open mouths...

OK John fashion question. Nic's red plaid comment got me thinking about the mod/punk 70's fashions. Do you see any place for the edgier use of plaid on the course? Obviously not the bulky leathers. More of the tartan skinny bondage pants type thing. Without the straps too, I guess.

Tartan pants are hot hot hot, they are a step in front of the Plaids in terms of style, all the Major companies are pumping out Plaid pants and shorts, and not just the golf market. Go look in a Macy's, a Khols, a Dillard's, ton's of plaid shorts for the summer.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Tartan pants are hot hot hot, they are a step in front of the Plaids in terms of style, all the Major companies are pumping out Plaid pants and shorts, and not just the golf market. Go look in a Macy's, a Khols, a Dillard's, ton's of plaid shorts for the summer.

Different from the Madras (not sure that is right) plaid Bermudas from years ago? Sort of thin fabric print outside with white under lining. Can the pattern be incorporated into a climacool type fabric for shirts?

Volvo Intorqueo

Different from the Madras (not sure that is right) plaid Bermudas from years ago? Sort of thin fabric print outside with white under lining. Can the pattern be incorporated into a climacool type fabric for shirts?

Yes it can be done, but no one is doing it yet, except that company SubSeventy in the UK.

Side note, I should have a couple nice photos to post Monday, I am golfing this weekend finialy, and I will be breaking out a new 70's outfit for the occasion.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Yes it can be done, but no one is doing it yet, except that company SubSeventy in the UK.

Side note, I should have a couple nice photos to post Monday, I am golfing this weekend finialy, and I will be breaking out a new 70's outfit for the occasion.

Hopefully you shoot in the 70's b'c of the 70's gear <_>

Do you think the other larger clothing companies will move to the bolder designs in the modern fabrics? Would SubSeventy gaining popularity and getting noticed by adidas or puma be enough to 'inspire' a bold line?

Volvo Intorqueo

Hopefully you shoot in the 70's b'c of the 70's gear :)

Do you think the other larger clothing companies will move to the bolder designs in the modern fabrics? Would SubSeventy gaining popularity and getting noticed by adidas or puma be enough to 'inspire' a bold line?

I think it would be noticed pretty quick, look at Poulter starting his own line. I spoke with Damon from SubSeventy yesterday, linked him the posts here and he was very excited about all of us loving the brand. I could see him getting together with the My Spy Folks soon for maybe a review of their product. He also offered prize support for my Charity Tournament also, which was very nice of him. They seem like some very nice folks.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I think it would be noticed pretty quick, look at Poulter starting his own line. I spoke with Damon from SubSeventy yesterday, linked him the posts here and he was very excited about all of us loving the brand. I could see him getting together with the My Spy Folks soon for maybe a review of their product. He also offered prize support for my Charity Tournament also, which was very nice of him. They seem like some very nice folks.

How many people in the company, out of sheer curiosity? Enough to expand, obviously, but I have no idea what they number would be.

If you can wrangle a MGS discount code, you would be more of the forum fashion king than you already are. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Are those guys looking to open accounts in the US?? If so, pm me, and I will speak to my clothing buyer. He is always looking for somthing new and cool.

• SPY VIP

Are those guys looking to open accounts in the US?? If so, pm me, and I will speak to my clothing buyer. He is always looking for somthing new and cool.

I can also find them a 6' 220 lb model if one is required. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Thanks John. I will tell my buyer, and maybe we can get something done.

Something else they do, that you won't notice unless you go to order, is you have a lot of color flexibility to work with. Here are some green pants, with 5 of the 35 or so color options:

green 5.jpg

green 1.jpg

green 2.jpg

green 3.jpg

green 4.jpg

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Something else they do, that you won't notice unless you go to order, is you have a lot of color flexibility to work with. Here are some green pants, with 5 of the 35 or so color options:

I can see my Ducks rocking those Green/yellow pants!!! I like it.

• SPY VIP

I can see my Ducks rocking those Green/yellow pants!!! I like it.

Seriously, is this perhaps a way for them to truly expand their market? Custom college golf gear?

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived