Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Water bottles for Rovic/Clicgear push carts

Prodigal Duffer

Spies,

I was recently gifted the Rovic RV1S push cart and am very excited. The cup holder that it comes with is useless—it might hold a 12oz can. I have a 36 oz Yeti Rambler water bottle that does not fit in normal cup holders and probably would not fit in even the XL cup holder that is available through Clicgear. 

I am trying to figure out a solution (will probably involve getting a different water bottle). I’m looking for suggestions for good double-walled water bottles that fit one of the attachments for the Rovic, whether it be the XL cup holder, the cooler tube, the RV1S cooler bag, or some other solution.

What has worked for my fellow spies? Thanks in advance.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

I walk in Georgia heat and humidity, and I use an 3L Osprey water bladder I keep in the big pocket of my golf bag. I use it year around, but when it gets hot, I fill a gallon jug with water and keep it in the fridge overnight, then the morning I play I fill the bladder with ice and when I get to the course I fill the bladder with the cool water. The rest of the year I just fill the bladder with ice and water the day I play.

The bladder, besides providing water, also serves other uses. I keep my snacks next to it and it keeps them from melting, and I carry a cooling towel in the summer and the towel stays nice and cool next to the bladder of ice.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

11 hours ago, hohjoe said:

I walk in Georgia heat and humidity, and I use an 3L Osprey water bladder I keep in the big pocket of my golf bag. I use it year around, but when it gets hot, I fill a gallon jug with water and keep it in the fridge overnight, then the morning I play I fill the bladder with ice and when I get to the course I fill the bladder with the cool water. The rest of the year I just fill the bladder with ice and water the day I play.

Interesting. Do you use the bladder straw to drink, or do you also carry a bottle?

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

I use an insulated bottle (Coleman) that fits in my Clicgear, but it's only 750 ml, and that doesn't get me through 18 holes in the summer. I have to remember to refill it at the turn (and remembering to do that seems to be awfully hard for me!). I have considered an oversized bottle cage meant for a bike. Here's an example of one that attaches with velcro. This is the 40oz size, there's also a 24 oz and a 64 oz size. 

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

19 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

I use an insulated bottle (Coleman) that fits in my Clicgear, but it's only 750 ml, and that doesn't get me through 18 holes in the summer. I have to remember to refill it at the turn (and remembering to do that seems to be awfully hard for me!). I have considered an oversized bottle cage meant for a bike. Here's an example of one that attaches with velcro. This is the 40oz size, there's also a 24 oz and a 64 oz size. 

Which holder do you have on your Clicgear? 750 ml is pretty close to 24oz, which I assume is close to the largest size that would fit in the XL cup holder.

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

2 hours ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

Interesting. Do you use the bladder straw to drink, or do you also carry a bottle?

I use the straw. It's at the top of the bladder and I run it out of the pocket and loop it out of the bag carry handle. It stays in place and is always ready.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

8 hours ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

Which holder do you have on your Clicgear? 750 ml is pretty close to 24oz, which I assume is close to the largest size that would fit in the XL cup holder.

I don't have a separate holder. I have the original cart with the holder built into the tray.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

The Sun Mountain XL holder and the Clicgear XL holder are basically the same. I use a Camelbak Chute water bottle with my XL holder. Sliding a water bottle in and out of the xl holder may wear on the finish of your water bottle. The bottom portion of my Camelbak Chute is no longer shiny from sliding in and out of the holder. 

7 hours ago, bellken said:

The Sun Mountain XL holder and the Clicgear XL holder are basically the same. I use a Camelbak Chute water bottle with my XL holder. Sliding a water bottle in and out of the xl holder may wear on the finish of your water bottle. The bottom portion of my Camelbak Chute is no longer shiny from sliding in and out of the holder. 

Good info - thanks @bellken   

I have a 36 oz Yeti. Some of the finish has already started to wear off through normal wear and tear. I’ve got a 20% coupon at Clicgear, so I might give the XL holder a try. 

Really appreciate all of the responses here. 

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

I don't have your cart or waterbottle holder, but I use a Zak! 30oz tumbler I got from Target and it fits in more cup holders than any of my other 30oz tumblers.  It fits in my older '96 EZGO cup holders and they don't fit much more than a 12oz can size.

Do you want something that's more of a cup with a lid and possibility of a straw (that's what the Zak is)  or more of a closed lid waterbottle?  If the latter I've also had good luck with the thermoflask bottles.  Costco runs deals on 2 packs quite often.  I think right now they have the 40oz versions in store, those wouldn't fit in a cup holder but they have a handle so you could use a carabiner and just clip it to the cart or bag somewhere.

Last advice for ya 🙂  Whenever I've had larger waterbottles that won't fit in my cart I use the adapter that came with my golf cart heater.  It goes from normal cup holder size to a 1lb LP tank size.  Should fit just about any waterbottle.  Here's a link to an example.

https://www.amazon.com/Buggies-Unlimited-Portable-Propane-Adapter/dp/B07ZQLKSSD/ref=asc_df_B07ZQLKSSD/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385339623497&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7725703253960989704&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019571&hvtargid=pla-838403583054&ref=&adgrpid=81331771391&th=1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

23 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I don't have your cart or waterbottle holder, but I use a Zak! 30oz tumbler I got from Target and it fits in more cup holders than any of my other 30oz tumblers.  It fits in my older '96 EZGO cup holders and they don't fit much more than a 12oz can size.

Do you want something that's more of a cup with a lid and possibility of a straw (that's what the Zak is)  or more of a closed lid waterbottle?  If the latter I've also had good luck with the thermoflask bottles.  Costco runs deals on 2 packs quite often.  I think right now they have the 40oz versions in store, those wouldn't fit in a cup holder but they have a handle so you could use a carabiner and just clip it to the cart or bag somewhere.

Last advice for ya 🙂  Whenever I've had larger waterbottles that won't fit in my cart I use the adapter that came with my golf cart heater.  It goes from normal cup holder size to a 1lb LP tank size.  Should fit just about any waterbottle.  Here's a link to an example.

https://www.amazon.com/Buggies-Unlimited-Portable-Propane-Adapter/dp/B07ZQLKSSD/ref=asc_df_B07ZQLKSSD/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385339623497&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7725703253960989704&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019571&hvtargid=pla-838403583054&ref=&adgrpid=81331771391&th=1

Great stuff, thanks. I prefer a closed lid water bottle. I just ordered the XL cup holder and I’m going to see how it plays out. It might necessitate me getting a new bottle, but hopefully not. I might order that adapter for my car - its cup holders are too small for my water bottle, too.

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8