Moving to Swansea (Wales, GB)

Hi all, from September I'll be moving to Swansea (GB) and I am wondering if anyone of this forum is a member or has played most of the courses in the area and what club they would recommend joining?

Thanks in advance 👍🏼

It's the shots on the 18th which keeps you coming back.

HR

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t played a lot in the area but have played Machynys a couple of times in tournaments. It’s a great championship course with great facilities and the membership has always been very welcoming 

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Ping Rapture 2i

Mizuno Pro 223 4-5

Mizuno Pro 221 6-PW

Titleist SM9 50,55,60

Ping Anser TR

On 7/14/2023 at 12:09 AM, samhwhitehead said:

I haven’t played a lot in the area but have played Machynys a couple of times in tournaments. It’s a great championship course with great facilities and the membership has always been very welcoming 

Cheers for that pal 👍🏼, I have had a look at that course, I'm guessing it depends where I get a house to, I have also looked at the pennard golf club, clyne and also Langland bay. Was hoping someone on hear would a member at one.

It's the shots on the 18th which keeps you coming back.

HR

@hradford11 Been there a couple of times and played a number of those courses. Believe it or not, you have a great choice around you. 

But most importantly, within half an hours drive, you have arguably the two of the best golf coruses in Wales (Royal Porthcawl and Pennard) and another iconic links course Pyle and Kenfig. That's without counting all the other good courses in the area like Langland, Clyne, Neath etc....

Enjoy 😃

Founder of yourgolfcourses.com - a website with the aim of helping the everyday golfer research where to play golf by featuring a load of 'best golf courses' and 'best public golf courses' lists in x state or y golf destination. 🙂⛳

• 8 months later...

One that stands out is the Swansea Bay Golf Club. It's got stunning views and a welcoming atmosphere. As for joining a club, it really depends on your preferences—whether you're after challenging courses or a more laid-back vibe. When my friend relocated to a new city, they found joining a local club was a fantastic way to meet new people and get involved in the community. And hey, speaking of moving, I stumbled upon a fantastic company called Expatriation during my last relocation. Their professionalism made the process a breeze.

Edited by MaximoNolan