Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How long do you keep a pair of golf shoes?

JP Balajadia

I always have about 2-3 pairs, but I’ll keep my golf shoes until they aren’t comfortable any longer or they completely blow apart on the 3rd hole usually after wearing them for about 10yrs. LOL

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS 9* ACCRA TZ6

:callaway-small:Epic Speed 3w ACCRA FX

:cobra-small:3H ACCRA FX

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 4-pw Aerotech 

:vokey-small:50,55,60 

:cameron-small: Phantom X 11.5 putter

:titelist-small: prov1

I typically use 3 pairs of shoes for playing, one for walking rounds which constitute approximately half of my rounds, one for riding rounds, and one for wet conditions.  My walking pair is always a spikless shoe and I retire them after 6 months, mostly due to the bottoms becoming worn down.  Another contributor to retiring a shoe is that my home course is a mountain golf course with uneven lies.  My shoes lasted longer when I lived and played in Florida.  Bottom line, shoes to me are like grips - replace them twice a year if your playing 100+ rounds.   

Scott Rossa

I buy my shoes at the end of season as last year's model during the sales. My current FJ are going on 6 years at approximately 300 miles per year. I replace the inserts each year but these bad boys are still waterproof, and we get a lot of heavy dew in the mornings here in mid MI. I do have a newer pair that I generally wear when playing early afternoons. When they wear out or don't provide wetness protection I'll trash them to the range bucket for use there.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

On 9/22/2023 at 12:42 PM, KenBender said:

I always have about 2-3 pairs, but I’ll keep my golf shoes until they aren’t comfortable any longer or they completely blow apart on the 3rd hole usually after wearing them for about 10yrs. LOL

I am the same way--- I will keep them until they either hurt my feet or blow out. Right now I am wearing Skoni brand shoes. They are comfortable to me and I do not have to constantly replace spikes they have the nubbies and they wear well. I have 4 pairs of them and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had. Now I am not able to walk and play for now. One pair which was my first pair I have I say about 50 rounds on them and the nubbies are still decent but the sides at the sole are starting to wear some. But I have to give them credit because I weigh about 340 or so. I had one pair that the sole separated after 3 rounds. I reached out to them Via FB and they sent me a new pair free did not even want the old ones returned. For me they are a local company based 75 miles south of me in Charleston SC. I got a knockdown deal on my size (13 wide) at the course where I am a member. I bought 3 pairs and won another pair on a pull ticket in an event. I am in no way affiliated with the company but just really like a good product and outstanding customer service

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I usually keep them until they are no longer waterproof.  I am finishing up my 3rd season with my Sqairz and my feet are still dry as a bone.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

I wear shoes with spikes for traction and longer life. I don't keep track of how long I use them and only have a couple of pair. When they're no longer comfortable or functional then I get a new pair.

The old pair is usually relegated to the range to lessen the abuse on the gamers.

:cobra-small: Aerojet LS 9° / Brava BGT SE F/4
:taylormade-small: Stealth FW 5 / TPT 16 MK/MT/SW
:taylormade-small: M3 3/19° Rescue / Fujikura Ventus Red 7-S
:ping-small: iCrossover 4 / :accra: Fx200H M4
:srixon-small: Srixon ZX7 (5-AW) - :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 120
:mizuno-small:  T20 56° & 60°/ :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 125 Wedge
Royal GRIP V Sand Wrap
L.A.B. MEZZ.1 / L.A.B. :accra:
:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Has anyone tried out the new NOBULL Project golf shoes or the on clouds? Huge NOBULL fan from all there workout/running shoes so interested in the golf shoes but saw the On Clouds yesterday and got me intrigued

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

The only shoes that fit me at all without significant compromise are the Squairz leather shoes.  Because they are generally hard to find in my size (13) without paying full price, I have to wear them until they fall apart.  I have 2 pairs in white and 2 in black, but 3 of those 4 pairs were purchased at significant discounts in like-new condition from eBay.  1 of the white pairs is almost ready for the trash, since it's losing the sole in multiple places on the left shoe (but mainly on the left outer joint between the outsole and midsole), and the right toe is coming off.  These 2 places are the exact same failure points for every other pair of Sqairz I've owned, and frankly, if anything else AT ALL fit my feet, I wouldn't buy them.  However, my feet move more than Scottie Scheffler on my follow-through, so having spiked / stable shoes has been critical to my improvement this year.

• Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to N / -1
  • Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond - 15* 3-wood - Project X Denali 6.5 flex shaft - Set to N/S
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - C1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Golf Pride ZGRIP Plus2 on irons and wedges (plus fairway) / Lamkin ST Hybrid Midsize on Driver / Hybrid
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour