Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Oakley Prizm Glasses

Just_the_Chip

I hate that I'm asking this, but there wasn't much on here, and I recently was talking with someone who said it was immensely helpful to their game, in that it helped him to find his balls in the rough.  I can be a sucker for some gimmicky things but as a fisherman who absolutely relies on Polarization, I figured a golf specific lens might actually help someone like me. 

Anyone have any experience with the Oakley Prizm Golf glasses? Do they really help with tracking balls, enhancing green color spectrums etc? 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

Not gimmicky at all, as I have a pair and they work and perform as advertised. So much so, that SWMBO uses them when she goes along with me golfing to track ball flight and landing and she has sight issues.

Bad part for me, is now that she laid claim to them, either I rely on her if it is a bright, sunny day and I may not be in the fairway, or else I need to get myself another pair.

Amazon is where I purchased mine from, and they arrived quickly and without any issues, but seeing that you are in England you may have additional alternatives to look around for best pricing and delivery.

oakley 1.jpg

oakley 2.jpg

Edited by rkj427

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Yes they help with tracking balls and showing the contrast on the course especially on the greens. Not much gimmicky stuff coming out of Oakley.

They have prizm lenses for several sports. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I have oakley prism motocross goggles(how oakley started) and they help a ton when your in shadows and dark spots. Id only image how good the golf ones are since those came out well after the motocross lenses. 

following along as I need a new set of subglasses! 

WITB

The Oakley Prizm lens are amazing. I wear mine about 50% of the time on the course but also have some for fishing and they have always been great. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 minutes ago, jdparker said:

The Oakley Prizm lens are amazing. I wear mine about 50% of the time on the course but also have some for fishing and they have always been great. 

What is your oakley setup called? 

WITB

3 minutes ago, TG8 said:

What is your oakley setup called? 

I have the Holbrooks.  Oakley has a great chart for color choices on lenses and what/how they can be used. Then it just becomes preference. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I have Holbrook's with prizm lenses as well. My first pair got delaminated. Have to clean them if you sweat apparently. Oakley wouldn't warranty them after a year but whatever.

The Oakley store recommended cleaning with water and the microfiber cloth carrying thing they come with.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 minutes ago, 2puttbogey said:

Didn’t know they did prizm golf prescription  thanks for the heads up.

They do!  Sadly my prescription does not seem to fit in them…

I’ve tried to contact Oakley directly to no avail.  
I’ve tried to order them through my optometrist.  It doesn’t seem to fit 

🙃

9 hours ago, jdparker said:

Can attest to this as well. I have three pair of Oakleys with the Prizm lenses. Two with Prizm Tungsten Polarized and one with Prizm Black Polarized. I use the Prizm Tungsten for golf and love them. I can almost not play without sunglasses, so they get used pretty frequently.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Thank you all for the replies. I'm looking at the Holbrook with the Dark Golf Prizm lens. Seems that those are specific to the sport? 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

• 3 weeks later...

I've always used the same Oakleys that Poulter used.  Great when they were polarized, great with prism lenses as well.  Great coverage, fit well, comfortable and customizable. These are Oakley Flak 2.0 XL with ruby prism lens. 

FHSJ6184.JPG

Snow Mexican