Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

US to Canadian rate exchange.   Currently $1 US is $1.34 Canadian

I am very aware of the exchange rate. It’s a killer!  As for the Odyssey grip the US site doesn’t ship to Canada and the Canadian site doesn’t have grips.  I’ll be shopping on eBay. 

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

2 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

I am very aware of the exchange rate. It’s a killer!  As for the Odyssey grip the US site doesn’t ship to Canada and the Canadian site doesn’t have grips.  I’ll be shopping on eBay. 

So you are forced to buy from retailers.... ughhh

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

10 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

I knew you were since your profile says you live in Canada.   🙂   Definitely sucks. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

How does the grip feel to you?  Is it too small or just right?  Being 6’5 and having large hands I was wondering if swapping out the grip would affect the putter in anyway?

I like the size of the pistol grip, was using a Pistol GTR 1.0 on the Spider, but decided to go with the stock grip for the test and not disappointed with it.  It felt a little slick open unboxing, but seems to be getting a little tackier with use.

Here are a couple pictures for comparison:IMG_4410.jpeg.e8d589b7238ca86ad82bbd62497f2060.jpegIMG_4411.jpeg.376a527251aa577192c01e01a61ca311.jpeg

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

39 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I like the size of the pistol grip, was using a Pistol GTR 1.0 on the Spider, but decided to go with the stock grip for the test and not disappointed with it.  It felt a little slick open unboxing, but seems to be getting a little tackier with use.

Here are a couple pictures for comparison:IMG_4410.jpeg.e8d589b7238ca86ad82bbd62497f2060.jpegIMG_4411.jpeg.376a527251aa577192c01e01a61ca311.jpeg

I have the same grip on my current putter.   I’ve been using an old Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 for years.  It’s finally time for a split. 

Thank you for the pictures.  It will definitely help my decision to change to grip or not. 

Edited by Lefty11
Weror

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Fairly long post…but got to the practice green today with the Ai-ONE.  I must say, this putter continues to impress.

Focused on a few areas: Distance Control (Off-Center Hits), Putting From The Fringe and Overall Putting.

Distance Control (Off-Center Hits)

Set up a test on an open area of the green, it was slightly downhill breaking left, but was really just looking to see how consistent the distance was on center/toe/heel strikes.  Set-up:IMG_4404.jpeg.3728e5fefcd0d93a2be2ff62ae8e7cd8.jpeg

IMG_4405.jpeg.08d8ce36d9dd96602da51a379199a7f3.jpeg

Tees marked starting point and stroke length.  Really focused on maintaining a steady stroke on each.  Did 3 rounds, going C-T-H-C-T-H and then looking at results.  It ended up being about a 20 foot total distance.

First Round (about 2’ delta)

IMG_4406.jpeg.cffcaba63d04d09e2863fee54f860c95.jpeg

Second Round (about 1’ delta)

IMG_4407.jpeg.1607f66e3cdfe12814b9f082bdcfec56.jpeg

Third Round (about 1’ delta)…videos show Center, Toe then Heel.

Putting From The Fringe

Hit quite a few putts from the fringe to see how the putter worked through the grass and the ball roll.

IMG_4403.jpeg.8f0ca18bb253a8aa280187d61f85d87b.jpeg

The putter worked quite well from the fringe and the ball rolled very cleanly onto the green.  Speed control was not an issue at all…would easily decide on using the putter from any closely mown area during a round.

Overall Putting

I really enjoy this putter!  It is very easy to line up and get started on line.  Sank many putts from the 25’ to 40’ range and left most of the others inside a 3’ circle (ones outside of that were a complete misread or just a bad stroke).  It is easy to get the ball started rolling and on the selected line.  

Have I said I really like this putter???

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

21 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Fairly long post…but got to the practice green today with the Ai-ONE.  I must say, this putter continues to impress.

Focused on a few areas: Distance Control (Off-Center Hits), Putting From The Fringe and Overall Putting.

Set up a test on an open area of the green, it was slightly downhill breaking left, but was really just looking to see how consistent the distance was on center/toe/heel strikes.  Set-up:IMG_4404.jpeg.3728e5fefcd0d93a2be2ff62ae8e7cd8.jpeg

Tees marked starting point and stroke length.  Really focused on maintaining a steady stroke on each.  Did 3 rounds, going C-T-H-C-T-H and then looking at results.  It ended up being about a 20 foot total distance.

Putting From The Fringe

Hit quite a few putts from the fringe to see how the putter worked through the grass and the ball roll.

The putter worked quite well from the fringe and the ball rolled very cleanly onto the green.  Speed control was not an issue at all…would easily decide on using the putter from any closely mown area during a round.

Overall Putting

I really enjoy this putter!  It is very easy to line up and get started on line.  Sank many putts from the 25’ to 40’ range and left most of the others inside a 3’ circle (ones outside of that were a complete misread or just a bad stroke).  It is easy to get the ball started rolling and on the selected line.  

Is that the db 7 model?

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

7 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

No, I have the 7S

34 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Putting From The Fringe

Overall Putting

Is that the db 7 model?

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Still a nice putter!   I believe the slant is for a swing with an arc.  I’m a straight forward and straight back swing. I’ve read somewhere February 6th is the release for the next batch of A.I. putters.  I’ll have pics when I get my putter.  

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

10 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

Still a nice putter!   I believe the slant is for a swing with an arc.  I’m a straight forward and straight back swing. I’ve read somewhere February 6th is the release for the next batch of A.I. putters.  I’ll have pics when I get my putter.  

The Rossie S is also for the arc type swing.  I have a putting mirror on the way, and plan on testing to see if I can adapt to creating a straighter stroke path.  Nothing wrong with an arc path, as I read that 70% of golfers are arc putters. But for the sake of trying new things, I figured it can't hurt

Each putter description on the Odyssey site explains which stroke path it's designed for too, which is not something I've seen before. The shaft design and offset in the head may have to do with this too.

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

The Rossie S is also for the arc type swing.  I have a putting mirror on the way, and plan on testing to see if I can adapt to creating a straighter stroke path.  Nothing wrong with an arc path, as I read that 70% of golfers are arc putters. But for the sake of trying new things, I figured it can't hurt

Each putter description on the Odyssey site explains which stroke path it's designed for too, which is not something I've seen before. The shaft set in the head may have to do with this too.

The left hand options are fairly limited though, not an Ai-ONE specific issue…just the problem with being left handed!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Each putter description on the Odyssey site explains which stroke path it's designed for too, which is not something I've seen before. The shaft design and offset in the head may have to do with this too.

That is something im working on right now im more of a straight back putter but i want to see if it will hurt if you are a arc putter 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Little long and a bit of a promo push, but one of the better videos explaining arc vs straight.  (I did not purchase this aid)

20 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I think the grip on my AI#1 is just right, the firmness, style, and material is a great combination, the light tackiness is good. The size to me is relative to my putting, keeps your hands for the most part out of the stroke and gives freedom on longer putts. So far very happy with the grip combination to the putter

I went from a Super Stroke 2.0 to take the hands out of play, but after using it for a season felt that it hampers me. Here are a couple photos of my grips.

20240108_134041.jpg

20240108_134058.jpg

20240108_134048.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

16 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

IMG_4408.mov 3.25 MB · 1 download  

IMG_4408.mov 5.21 MB · 1 download  

IMG_4408.mov 6.85 MB · 1 download  

Putting From The Fringe

Overall Putting

Did you get the feeling that when you thought the ball was going to stop, that it went a couple more rolls?

That is one of the impressions I got out the Heel and Toe tests that I completed, I will be finishing the center strike test later this week since we will have some good weather coming threw.

Great feedback, looks like your dispersion was tight also like my groupings turned out with the AI#1.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Rob, try slightly higher hands this will help take some of the arc out. When at address make sure you sole the putter completely, the toe or the heel will not be up in the air off the ground. This action will give you better contact and provide a better path to consistently hit it in the sweet-spot.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I haven’t seen the part on the Odyssey site where they describe what putter is for each stroke.  🤔

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

3 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Did you get the feeling that when you thought the ball was going to stop, that it went a couple more rolls?

That is one of the impressions I got out the Heel and Toe tests that I completed, I will be finishing the center strike test later this week since we will have some good weather coming threw.

Great feedback, looks like your dispersion was tight also like my groupings turned out with the AI#1.

The off center hits definitely went farther than I was expecting, but I truly believe that is the technology working.  I was really impressed with the overall dispersion on the tests.

I struggled with my prior gamer where occasionally the ball would fly off the putter face…as I spend time with this putter and really focus on where I’m striking the putt on the face, I tend to hit more towards the toe consistently, but will catch one in the center.  Makes me think that I was doing that with my last gamer and that is why I struggled with speed control.  Probably need to fix that but I’m not seeing the same jumping with the Ai-ONE.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Lefty11 said:

I haven’t seen the part on the Odyssey site where they describe what putter is for each stroke.  🤔

Under the image it says Read More..

Screenshot_20240108_165821_Chrome.jpg.fdcc08c24d2d4dec38bea2e9e808271a.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_170228_Chrome.jpg.c886e2ceb5b26ab2303027f207fb5af8.jpg

Edited by Rob Person

Just a quick edited video. No excuses, I putted poorly today. Got out in the wind and cold, before the rain came in, too test fringe putting. The ground was hard and rough! I was shivering too...lol

@TJ Hall from the front, the Odyssey pistol grip is 1" across at the top and tapers down to 3/4"

The RC is 1-1/4" tapered to 7/8".

20240108_170957.jpg.f2f2c1a7ef2063f24853139512aec8be.jpg20240108_171357.jpg.f7429b6a889bb97c813c486eae4e3671.jpg

From the side, the Odyssey is 1-1/4" tapered to 7/8". RC is 1-1/2 tapered to 1"

20240108_171808.jpg.6ca826fa2966ba395b6b33a6f44d2fd7.jpg20240108_171911.jpg.1703e90994eff3409506719eee57cec6.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

@TJ Hall from the front, the Odyssey pistol grip is 1" across at the top and tapers down to 3/4"

The RC is 1-1/4" tapered to 7/8".

20240108_170957.jpg.f2f2c1a7ef2063f24853139512aec8be.jpg20240108_171357.jpg.f7429b6a889bb97c813c486eae4e3671.jpg

From the side, the Odyssey is 1-1/4" tapered to 7/8". RC is 1-1/2 tapered to 1"

20240108_171808.jpg.6ca826fa2966ba395b6b33a6f44d2fd7.jpg20240108_171911.jpg.1703e90994eff3409506719eee57cec6.jpg

Thank you for the measurements!

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

The last pic is the Odyssey on top of the RC, in case you couldn't see it.

Did some practice on my Carpet yesterday it was snowing so i did some videos but for some reason the Quality is terrible on them I'm not sure why so unfortunately I'm going to just have to tell you how it went until i figure out these videos i hit around 90 putts 30 off the toe 30 off the heel and 30 from the center really just making sure i was trying to swing at the same speed every time and what i noticed was yes the center much quieter but as far as production and speed with this putter it really doesn't matter where you hit it i cant wait to run some more test if yall can think of anything you want to see let me know my next test im going to try to see if straight back putting or arc putting makes a difference 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

8 minutes ago, Blaine Dye said:

anything you want to see let me know my next test im going to try to see if straight back putting or arc putting makes a difference 

Yes, I would like to see you pelican stance putt, maybe even a cartwheel putt too! 😆 🤣 😂 

My putting mirror came in, so I'm going to try and practice with that indoors Friday most likely. I haven't figured out mechanics on how to create a consistent straight putt stroke yet.

21 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

I’m glad Odyssey moved to the blue and white colour scheme.  The red stroke lab shaft was a little distracting for me. 

The blue is very nice…I’m typically a plain black/white/grey guy, but the blue definitely works well.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

9 hours ago, Blaine Dye said:

Did some practice on my Carpet yesterday it was snowing so i did some videos but for some reason the Quality is terrible on them I'm not sure why so unfortunately I'm going to just have to tell you how it went until i figure out these videos i hit around 90 putts 30 off the toe 30 off the heel and 30 from the center really just making sure i was trying to swing at the same speed every time and what i noticed was yes the center much quieter but as far as production and speed with this putter it really doesn't matter where you hit it i cant wait to run some more test if yall can think of anything you want to see let me know my next test im going to try to see if straight back putting or arc putting makes a difference 

I’m seeing the same thing with the 7S…very consistent distance regardless of where the putt is struck on the face.  I was skeptical walking into the test, but the results show the design works.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

AI#1 Center strike (sweet spot) putting test

Got out this morning after the hurricane force wind and rain yesterday to finish the center strike testing.

After some warmup putts, I conducted the test on the 18th green at the Uniontown CC, I was doing the test from 20ft just going for speed/distance with the center strike (sweet spot) not worrying about line. I rolled 50 putts marking down each distance according to the tape measure, completed some calculations and found that the center strike produces great consistency with roll, distance and direction.

I made an effort to make sure the putter sole was completely flat (no raise of the toe or heel) which made me have a little higher hand making the stroke a lot more reliable and easier to stroke the putt. I used the following balls during the test, Titleist PROV1, Taylormade Tour Response, Callaway Super Soft, Kirkland and a Titleist PROV1X.

I liked the sound of the Titleist's, it was a little click and the Kirkland, Callaway and Taylormade was more of a thud.

After completing the calculation, I found that the center strike (sweet spot) test averaging difference of each round of putts, came to a 3.80-inch total distance average of my target distance. Overall, I could not feel any difference if any from the HEEL, TOE and Center strike tests, the sound was similar but the TOE hit I thought there was a slightly loader sound, however performed the same.

I will put together my comparison of the 3 tests I completed for the Heel, Toe and Center Strike in the upcoming days

Below I have included the warm up video and some photos of results from a few of the tests today. Also of the 18th green and a course worker checking out the flooded 6th and 7th holes.

20240110_101649.jpg

20240110_101737.jpg

20240110_101803.jpg

20240110_101831.jpg

20240110_102453.jpg

20240110_102627.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]