Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 Titleist Tour Soft Ball

NEW CORE AND COVER TECHNOLOGIES DELIVER FASTER BALL SPEED FOR MORE DISTANCE, INCREASED SHORT GAME CONTROL AND EXCEPTIONALLY SOFT FEEL 

Faster core technology and a reformulated cover system drives improved all-around performance in the new Titleist Tour Soft golf ball, providing golfers with longer distance off the tee and increased spin into the green – with an exceptionally soft feel off the club face:

New faster, large core delivers faster ball speed for more distance off the tee, incredible soft feel and low spin on long game shots.

Reformulated thin Fusablend cover provides dependable greenside spin for excellent short game control.

346 quadrilateral dipyramid dimple design offers an efficient aerodynamic package and optimized ball flight for long distance.

image.png

“Golfers who tee up Tour Soft are looking for soft feel and performance throughout the bag,” said Jeremy Stone, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “Every change we made to new Tour Soft gives players a better golf ball from tee to green.”

Tour Soft features a new, large core that increases ball speed and distance off the tee while providing an incredible soft feel on every shot. The 1.608” diameter of Tour Soft’s core makes it the largest ionomer-covered core in the market. Engineered over Tour Soft’s core is its thin FusaBlend cover which has been reformulated to increase spin and control into and around the greens. Fusablend is a Titleist proprietary combination of ionomers and softening polymers used to create a cover material with spin performance and feel that is unmatched among other ionomer covers.

“The core is the engine of the golf ball, and that’s where a ball gets its speed,” said Mike Madson, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball R&D. “What makes new Tour Soft unique is the size of its core, which gives the ball even more of its fastest material and allows for exceptional speed in the long game. Then when you get into your scoring clubs, Tour Soft’s FusaBlend cover over that large core gives golfers the spin needed to hit it closer to the hole.”

The unique size of Tour Soft’s core has only become achievable through continued innovations to the manufacturing processes at Titleist Ball Plant 2, located in North Dartmouth, Mass.

“Manufacturing a 1.608 core is not an easy task, but the advantages it delivers to golfers in on-course performance is tremendous,” Madson said. “We’re only able to produce a core that large because of our manufacturing expertise. We have total control over all our processes, which allows us to make the advancements needed to create a core at that size that performs the same from ball to ball and dozen to dozen.”

Across the entire Titleist golf ball family, each golf ball model has its own unique dimple pattern to optimize aerodynamics and flight for its respective construction. Tour Soft golf balls feature a 346 quad dipyramid dimple pattern, resulting in extremely efficient aerodynamics for optimized flight and distance.

AVAILABILITY AND PRICE

New Tour Soft golf balls will be offered in white, high optic yellow and green and will be available in golf shops worldwide on January 24, 2024. Tour Soft will be available in pink in July 2024 for $39.99 / dozen.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Interesting price. $10 cheaper I believe then the top, but would love to see how it compares to say a vice pro. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

NEW CORE AND COVER TECHNOLOGIES DELIVER FASTER BALL SPEED FOR MORE DISTANCE, INCREASED SHORT GAME CONTROL AND EXCEPTIONALLY SOFT FEEL 

Faster core technology and a reformulated cover system drives improved all-around performance in the new Titleist Tour Soft golf ball, providing golfers with longer distance off the tee and increased spin into the green – with an exceptionally soft feel off the club face:

New faster, large core delivers faster ball speed for more distance off the tee, incredible soft feel and low spin on long game shots.

Reformulated thin Fusablend cover provides dependable greenside spin for excellent short game control.

346 quadrilateral dipyramid dimple design offers an efficient aerodynamic package and optimized ball flight for long distance.

image.png

“Golfers who tee up Tour Soft are looking for soft feel and performance throughout the bag,” said Jeremy Stone, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “Every change we made to new Tour Soft gives players a better golf ball from tee to green.”

Tour Soft features a new, large core that increases ball speed and distance off the tee while providing an incredible soft feel on every shot. The 1.608” diameter of Tour Soft’s core makes it the largest ionomer-covered core in the market. Engineered over Tour Soft’s core is its thin FusaBlend cover which has been reformulated to increase spin and control into and around the greens. Fusablend is a Titleist proprietary combination of ionomers and softening polymers used to create a cover material with spin performance and feel that is unmatched among other ionomer covers.

“The core is the engine of the golf ball, and that’s where a ball gets its speed,” said Mike Madson, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball R&D. “What makes new Tour Soft unique is the size of its core, which gives the ball even more of its fastest material and allows for exceptional speed in the long game. Then when you get into your scoring clubs, Tour Soft’s FusaBlend cover over that large core gives golfers the spin needed to hit it closer to the hole.”

The unique size of Tour Soft’s core has only become achievable through continued innovations to the manufacturing processes at Titleist Ball Plant 2, located in North Dartmouth, Mass.

“Manufacturing a 1.608 core is not an easy task, but the advantages it delivers to golfers in on-course performance is tremendous,” Madson said. “We’re only able to produce a core that large because of our manufacturing expertise. We have total control over all our processes, which allows us to make the advancements needed to create a core at that size that performs the same from ball to ball and dozen to dozen.”

Across the entire Titleist golf ball family, each golf ball model has its own unique dimple pattern to optimize aerodynamics and flight for its respective construction. Tour Soft golf balls feature a 346 quad dipyramid dimple pattern, resulting in extremely efficient aerodynamics for optimized flight and distance.

AVAILABILITY AND PRICE

New Tour Soft golf balls will be offered in white, high optic yellow and green and will be available in golf shops worldwide on January 24, 2024. Tour Soft will be available in pink in July 2024 for $39.99 / dozen.

Wonder if the Maxfli SoftFli would be comparable to the Tour Soft performance wise, I have used both in the past and look forward to try out the new Tour soft.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Wonder if the Maxfli SoftFli would be comparable to the Tour Soft performance wise, I have used both in the past and look forward to try out the new Tour soft.

May be a competitor for the Bridgestone Tour B lineup too. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

16 minutes ago, Mark B. said:

I noticed that the price of the Tour Speed ball has been discounted, but stock is low at the stores. Titleist customer service says the ball has been discontinued. Any idea what they will replace it with? 

Moved your thread over here for you! Now you know!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 1/17/2024 at 4:00 PM, Rob Person said:

May be a competitor for the Bridgestone Tour B lineup too. 

The 'Fusablend' cover is intriguing, but I can't fathom it will be anywhere near the greenside performance of any of the Tour B balls. But at $40, they are definitely proud of it!

To me, it was definitely eyebrow-raising to see the $37/dz Tour Speed (urethane cover) was discontinued and the Tour Soft was raised to $40/dz but does not have a urethane cover 🧐

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

10 hours ago, GregGarner said:

The 'Fusablend' cover is intriguing, but I can't fathom it will be anywhere near the greenside performance of any of the Tour B balls. But at $40, they are definitely proud of it!

To me, it was definitely eyebrow-raising to see the $37/dz Tour Speed (urethane cover) was discontinued and the Tour Soft was raised to $40/dz but does not have a urethane cover 🧐

Would need a real side by side comparison to know for sure.  Bridgestone is also using a new process for their covers as well. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I thought they were getting rid of one of these in their lineup??  Since the new AVX was coming out?  I guess the little birdie that told me that was wrong? 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I liked the last version of the Tour Soft and played it, mostly as a winter ball.  Maybe this version is better IDK, but at $40, the same price as the Maxfli Tour which is frequently available for $25-30 in bulk purchase, I will not be buying any more Tour Soft balls.  The performance of the old Maxfli Tour is so much better than the old Tour Soft, and I'm sure it's still better in the new versions.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”