How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played in Tuesday night league tonight at the club. I'm an 11 at my course, played against a 7. He only gave me 1 stroke because he played the blues and I played the whites at the request of my partner.

We played the back this week which is always a struggle for me. We started on 10, I duck hooked my drive to the right behind some trees and hit a 180 punch with my 5 iron that miraculously ended up on the green. I made par to halve to hole. #11 is a downhill par 3 about 50 feet. Long is death. I had 175 to the flag. I pull 8 iron. Catch it perfect and go long, make a double. 12, 13, and 14 are the hardest holes on the course for me. Extremely tight with OB left and hazards right. I par 12 (net birdie) and 13 and get back to all square. 14 is a par 5 that gradually turns left the whole length of the whole which doesn't work with my draw. I need to stop hitting driver off this tee from the whites. I end up making 7 and go back to 1 down. 15 I hit a good 5 iron off the tee to 115 out. I hit my 54° SCOR and it's goes long into the back bunker which is death with the green sloping away. I try to get cute and end up in the fringe. Hit a chip that hits the hole and flag but doesn't drop. My opponent makes par and I'm 2 down. 16 from the whites doesn't set up well for me. I start the ball left for my draw and there are trees that are really tight with the tee box on the left. I hit my first drive through the top of them then hit a provisional. For my provisional I try to hit a cut (stupid idea) and pull it straight right into the trees on the right. Can't find the first and I take a triple. Game over.

What frustrates me is that playing from the white tees is harder for me. When I hit good tee shots I end up with 60-90 yards in which is tough for me. On top of that, the whites cut off some the lines that I'd like to take with my tee shots. I didn't know until tonight but if I would've played the blues I would've been given 2 strokes and felt more comfortable off the tee.

Live and learn right? Does anyone else feel like sometimes playing longer tees is easier?

Never as others have observed you can always lay to a prefered yardage although most recent studies suggest that hitting it closer to the green will yield the lower score given a large enough sample. It's in your head that you'd have rather been on the blues.

I know because once upon a time it was in my head too. :)

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Played in Tuesday night league tonight at the club. I'm an 11 at my course, played against a 7. He only gave me 1 stroke because he played the blues and I played the whites at the request of my partner.

We played the back this week which is always a struggle for me. We started on 10, I duck hooked my drive to the right behind some trees and hit a 180 punch with my 5 iron that miraculously ended up on the green. I made par to halve to hole. #11 is a downhill par 3 about 50 feet. Long is death. I had 175 to the flag. I pull 8 iron. Catch it perfect and go long, make a double. 12, 13, and 14 are the hardest holes on the course for me. Extremely tight with OB left and hazards right. I par 12 (net birdie) and 13 and get back to all square. 14 is a par 5 that gradually turns left the whole length of the whole which doesn't work with my draw. I need to stop hitting driver off this tee from the whites. I end up making 7 and go back to 1 down. 15 I hit a good 5 iron off the tee to 115 out. I hit my 54° SCOR and it's goes long into the back bunker which is death with the green sloping away. I try to get cute and end up in the fringe. Hit a chip that hits the hole and flag but doesn't drop. My opponent makes par and I'm 2 down. 16 from the whites doesn't set up well for me. I start the ball left for my draw and there are trees that are really tight with the tee box on the left. I hit my first drive through the top of them then hit a provisional. For my provisional I try to hit a cut (stupid idea) and pull it straight right into the trees on the right. Can't find the first and I take a triple. Game over.

What frustrates me is that playing from the white tees is harder for me. When I hit good tee shots I end up with 60-90 yards in which is tough for me. On top of that, the whites cut off some the lines that I'd like to take with my tee shots. I didn't know until tonight but if I would've played the blues I would've been given 2 strokes and felt more comfortable off the tee.

Live and learn right? Does anyone else feel like sometimes playing longer tees is easier?

Yea, you should have taken advantage of as many strokes as you could, 2 stokes vs 1 stroke for 9 holes is almost a guaranteed 2 hole lead in match play. If your score is the same from either tee I would have taken the extra shot

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Got a practice round in this morning at an "away" course that is more of a links style, and one of the tougher courses when windy.  Came out mostly bogies, for an 88 that I won't complain about.

I'm SO glad I have a wedge fitting tomorrow...  If I could have played even halfway decently from 75 yards in, I would have had a much lower score...

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Today I played quite well.  Shot a 78 for a net 70 and won the Veterans Friday Competition at my club which was a $50 voucher that paid a chunk off the shafts I put in my Mizzy gamers.  Took money off everyone in the side bets but all that aside I actually felt like a golfer, the highlight came on 17 where I drove it into the fairway bunker about 250 yards.  It was a great drive just blocked it a little and had 119 yards to the flag.  I nipped a pitching wedge nice and cleanly out of the bunker and put it ten feet past the pin and poured the putt in for birdie.  Parred the 18th and shot 36 on the back nine.  42 on the front could have been so much better but hey I'm a chopper.  Happy, happy day ;)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Had a noon tee time today, took a look at the radar and knew it wasn't happening.  I called my playing partner and said I'm heading to the course now, perhaps we'll get 9 in and at least I will get an extended warm up because the weekend will be a washout and my work schedule next week isn't going to allow for any golf.  :(

At any rate I got half an hour on the range before my friend Dennis arrived, we looked at the radar and decided to have lunch to see what would happen, no go so I'm home, watching it rain.

I threw the Rocket Blades in the bag not because of the clubs but because of the steel fiber shafts.  These shafts are the i80's which are about 20 grams heavier than my current gamers.  I have to say that I really liked the way I was hitting them, the little additional weight slowed me down a tad and I was flushing the short irons.  The longest iron in that set is a 6 (If I hate the way the Wilson's look I despise the way the slotted clubs sound - double dog despise).  I have to say though after a few shots that I was hitting that nicely too, all around a flag that was 160 even with an ever stiffening left to right in breeze (tough condition for a guy who hits draws.)  I was flying it well past the flag with the old Nicklaus 5 hybrid that I had in the bag - really flushed that bad boy despite that crappy wind.

I may try these out for a few weeks, I forgot how much I liked that shaft, I need to see the spin and how the ball reacts when it hits the green though.  Without an LM it's the only way to test the spin and the LM that's available doesn't allow me to use a ball type that would yield accurate real game results.

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Was hitting it great off the tee, long and straight .... BUT ... they kept ending up in the worst spots. Well below my feet, in the single bunker in the middle of the fairway, in the long rough that juts out into the middle of the fairway. Very frustrating to hit, what you think is a nice tee shot, and get up to it and see its in the one bad spot it could have landed. 

Irons were HORRIBLE and have been for awhile. Not sure I hit a GIR outside of 100 yards at all. 

Luckily I was hitting great shots at the pin with my wedges after my approach shots didn't hit the green. Putted solid and was able to salvage an 86. A really ugly 86. 

I've got to figure out a way to get my 5,6,7,8 irons going. Hitting everything right, really far right. It would be nice to not have to play my ass off around the green to save a bogey. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

79 yesterday. I still cannot believe how many putts I've missed for birdies. I hit 10 greens and each time I was anywhere between 5-20 feet and could not make a single one. I even got a double on 6 and on the par 5 7th, I skulled a hybrid into the gully about 50-60 yards from the pin. I got there and it had splashed out of the water and was lying just on the side sitting on thick cut grass that had water underneath it. I spread my legs out to each side of the gully and hit a perfect half 60 degree onto the green. The green's elevated so I couldn't see where it went and my brother standing a little higher yells out "it's in It's in!" I dropped it for eagle lol. My mental part of my putter is killing me though. I will line up the putt and pull or push it. Pick up the ball, drop it anywhere on the green, not do anything like line up the ball or even think for that matter and almost nail every second putt lol The joys of golf

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* (Upright Setting), Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex, New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions Yellow + White)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  2023 Pro Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

RAINOUT! Still went to the club for breakfast and about 12 or so showed up. We all had breakfast, socialized for a bit, then went home. Even though we get to play year round, it still sucks to have a rainout (2nd one this year).

Guess I'll go home and watch European Masters.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I shot 80 today. That is all.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I've got to figure out a way to get my 5,6,7,8 irons going. Hitting everything right, really far right. It would be nice to not have to play my ass off around the green to save a bogey.

Lie angles? It doesn't take much of a swing or posture adjustment to change your contact. It looks like the result is consistent, so a lie adjustment might be the trick.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Played Troy Burne with BarbaJo, Zinger and N8ball and had a wonderful time.

I got a LOT of opportunities to work on my bunker play lol

I generally struck the ball and putted well, but I'm not used to that many bunkers getting in my way to the green!! I can get out of bunkers, but not sure at all where I'll get out to...

I REALLY need those new wedges to get delivered.

Lousy score, but a terrific round of golf!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Lie angles? It doesn't take much of a swing or posture adjustment to change your contact. It looks like the result is consistent, so a lie adjustment might be the trick.

I actually just had my lie adjusted recently. Now instead of just missing right I am slicing right. As I think about it, I think I'm swinging too hard and my swing is going all out of wack. In another thread I realized I go too hard at my long irons and thats leaving me innacurate and with odd gaps between my irons. 

Definitely need to work on swinging inside out. I've seen a few drills I'll work on on the range.

As well as I played the other day I played equally badly today.  We play a lot of Stableford competitions here in Australia, in fact it is the preferred competition format over here.  I think the reason for that is the ability to pick your ball up and keep moving once you can't score any points on any given hole you are playing.  I had four of those today - I call 'em swipo wipo's. They hurt but at least when you know you aren't going to have a great score you can have some fun experimenting with different shots and strategies.  Felt like I did that a lot today and actually wound up hitting some really cracking shots.  Some really crap ones too though.  The best part of the day came when I finished the last hole I made birdie so I am playing tomorrow with that fresh in my mind :)

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

82 whacks in a monsoon today. Think I may have gone up to 7 - shame but hey I'm not playing that well.

But, found a putting stroke. Gone back left hand below (as I used in the 90's) and my word they are tracking so much better..... Holed nothing much, but didn't have a birdie putt inside 20 feet - lipped out 4 times and made some great distance two putts.

oh and finally stuck the ping piper tr in the bag and that bad boy is joyful off the club face.

I decided against ketsch (or the Cleveland smart square TFI) mostly because I couldn't win one on this site (not grumpy about that though) and also I prefer a centre shafted putter as a rule.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Played in the Pocono Mountains this morning at Split Rock CC which should be renamed Skip It CC. From the tips it is 7,200 yards and well there is one hole that is not blind off the tee and only two holes that I could hit driver. I flat out wore out my 3 iron off the tee...best hole of the day was the 3 iron - 3 iron I hit into a 425 yard par four to six feet for birdie. Loved the 590 yard par 5 with a completely blind tee shot and a completely blind second shot to a three tiered green that you can't see from anywhere. Just a dumb layout and I posted 74 for the day. No shot I will ever play it again.

WITB 2024

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: Sim 19* RDX Smoke Red 75 TX

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Played Dancing Rabbit yesterday. Things started off nicely with a birdie and was only 1 over through 8 holes even though I had lost 1 ball OB. Hit another OB on 9 and ended making triple bogey to shoot 40. Drank way too much on the back 9 and ended up shooting 45 thanks to a triple and a quad. Not a good round.... I hit 5 balls OB for the round.

Today I was back at my home course and things were back to normal. Shot 33 on the front and got it to -4 after 10. After that play went to a crawl bc the fivesome in front of us wouldn't let us play through dispite nobody being in front of them. My round went to crap at this point, two tee shots in hazards and one OB mixed with 1 more birdie to end up shooting 73 today. At least it was better than yesterday.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Well at the start of this month, after a couple of 79's and an 81, my HCP moved to 7.9. Butttttt, getting lazy and messing with equipment. It ballooned to a 11.7- really playing worse than that recently. Signed up for the club championship at the start of July and was put in the championship tee division.

shot 100 saturday- 42 on the front nine, and 58 On the back!!!!!!!

Today 102, I shot a 59 on the front today and a 43 on the back. Ouch...

shanks left and right, too many shots ob.

Golf

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

77 today. was going for 75 and doubled the 18. It started to rain around the 12th hole. Putting was about 50-60% better than it has been. Made 4 birdies including 1 chip in birdie on 5. 37 on the front and 40 on the back. 9 greens hit and 8 fairways hit. Official Handicap now 6.7 and last 4 rounds in the 70's (76,78,79,77) Getting hot hopefully train keeps rolling to the club championship at the end of August  :D

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* (Upright Setting), Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex, New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions Yellow + White)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  2023 Pro Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

My mom had minor surgery on Friday, so I came for a visit last Wed.  Been stuck in the house since then, but I got out at 1pm today to play at the Salem CC in Oregon.  Nice old track with lots of trees and the weather was perfect.  It's a short course; about 6300y.  I played with a couple of members and their son-in-law.  He could hit it a mile!  Did I mention there are lots of trees... he found most of them, and hit 3 balls OB.  I managed to shoot 38/41 = 79 and I birdied the hardest hole!  I think I left about 6 putts short in the jaws, so the score could have been a lot better.  Just couldn't make myself hit the ball today for some reason, usually not a problem for me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had a really good time today out on the course.  Was playing with my good buddy who is a 3 marker and another guy, one of the young tyro's of the club off 4.  Felt funny being the hacker off 8.  There was plenty of good natured sledging and carry on.  Shot 83 and lost a dollar, but made a nice birdie on 16 that rescued my back nine score.  Consistency my kingdom for some consistency like Mr Brodeur above.

My Bag

Had a really good time today out on the course.  Was playing with my good buddy who is a 3 marker and another guy, one of the young tyro's of the club off 4.  Felt funny being the hacker off 8.  There was plenty of good natured sledging and carry on.  Shot 83 and lost a dollar, but made a nice birdie on 16 that rescued my back nine score.  Consistency my kingdom for some consistency like Mr Brodeur above.

I love consistency, but I would give up consistency once in awhile for the opportunity to shoot a really low score.  Haven't done that in a long time.

BTW, in my round posted above, there were two kids, 18 somethings, playing behind us.  As we were on the next tee box, one of them hit it to 2in on a 168y par 3.  Several holes later after I had teed off and waiting for the other two guys, I watched the other kid from about 80y out in the trees, punch one through the trees, bounce along the ground, roll up on the green and in the cup for an eagle on a par 4.  Ahh kids.....

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We got rained out big time on 15 at Zoar Village Golf Course, Ohio. Saw it coming when we hit the back 9, on 15 people were heading for the car park, so we did too, not a moment too soon.

It was raining so hard people were pulled over on the side of the freeway with their hazards on.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Since I couldn't play on Saturday, i spent the morning setting up my new Bag.  That done, i then reset my old Bag with some backup clubs (Powerbilt woods, Mizuno irons, Cobra wedges & Nike putter.  I then made sure I had tees, balls and stuff so I can run with either bag based upon the weather.  That done, six of us played on Sunday.  It was "cart path only" so i gamed my old Bag for the outing.  The others could not believe that I was not gaming the PowerBilt Air force One driver because I was crushing it.  I was also hitting the fairway woods and hybrids really well.  The irons were okay.  The problem was with the putting.  I seemed to 3 or 4 putt almost every green.  The greens were very spongy and extreemely slow.  I just could't get them to drop.  But the outing was fun.  We did a blind draw for partners, so I came in 2nd (which did not pay anything...LOL)  I think that I would have been much better if I had used my SCOR wedges rather than the Cobras.  I now know that not doing so was a mistake.  The putts were what they were.....lousy due to ground conditions.....I will leave it at that.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

83 today on a course I haven't seen before. Overcooked most of my tee shots and woods/long irons. Didn't have any penalties and the short game was decent which kept it from being a 90.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Haven't played in two weeks. Weather didn't cooperate last weekend and was in Vegas this weekend.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

44-39 for an 83. 

FIRs: 6/14 (1/7 front - 5/7 back)

GIRs: 8/18 (3/9 front - 5/9 back)

Putts: 31 (no 3-putts)

Penalties: 4 strokes

Had a triple and two doubles on the card, which is never good.  Front 9 was brutal.  Only 1 fairway, all 4-penalty strokes, and 3/9 GIRs.  Fought the driver for the entire 9.  Back 9 was much better. Hit a few HUGE drives, played smarter and went 3-wood on tighter 4's.  Putter really well all day.  13 two putts, 5 one putts, which I was really happy with.  I had a few 40+ foot putts that I snuggled up close.  Not happy with the score, but very easily could have been mid-70s had I played smarter on the front.   And also, IT WAS HOT AS HELL OUT THERE!!!!!! 

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

I hit my irons well all day, struggled off the tee with driver and for the most part did all the damage to my score with that club, sprayed it to all points of the compass.  The greens were absolute crap.  The course was water logged and the greens were soggy and soft and slow making putting hard.  I made two great back to back birdies on the back nine that again rescued my back nine score, with one of them being a smoked 5 iron that finished 2 foot behind the hole on a 180 yard par 3.  Finished with an 84 that could have been so much better if my driver had of cooperated.

My Bag

I love consistency, but I would give up consistency once in awhile for the opportunity to shoot a really low score.  Haven't done that in a long time.

BTW, in my round posted above, there were two kids, 18 somethings, playing behind us.  As we were on the next tee box, one of them hit it to 2in on a 168y par 3.  Several holes later after I had teed off and waiting for the other two guys, I watched the other kid from about 80y out in the trees, punch one through the trees, bounce along the ground, roll up on the green and in the cup for an eagle on a par 4.  Ahh kids.....

Same here. 95% of the time I'm between 81 and 85. When I play really well I'm never as low as I thought and when I play really bad I'm never as high as I thought. 

Very windy day yesterday, probably not the best day for "high flying" irons, but the Burners are still impressing me.  Got some practice in and played 6 over playing the back nine, which is right at my handicap.  I just have to remember for distances, the Burner 5 iron is a "4", the 6 the "5", etc... - lol

I was even hitting the Burner 4 iron (3 iron) really well on the range last night at my lesson, and I've NEVER carried a 3 iron!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I know how you feel wbealsd,  last Sunday I played my rainy day bag and I had to remember the Mizuno jpx800 pro  7 was an 8 and the 6 was a 7.....reverse direction.....but they played well.