Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Good playin' Rick! I wish we had your "young guy" problems. Our association is rather. . .um. . .let's say "mature".

I played so well today that I came home and put together a more forgiving bag because my swing is crap for the last few days.

As far as the young guns there were no Rickie Fowler hats amoung them. Plus I would say they were all dressed in nice golf shirts and slacks and new caps. Everyone of them dressed the part to be on the PGA Tour and they played like it also. It was really something to watch. And their attitude, not a bit cocky, was one of they were here to play serious golf and prove what they were made of.

They acknowledged good shots, did not throw a fit when they hit a bad one. It was impressive.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Wow, not often that a local rule is stricter than the rules of golf. Only time I've seen them alter rules regarding lies to is play the ball up when they shouldn't. Even as a purist I find that pretty hardcore! I kinda like it! "We don't care if your ball is on the alligator! Hit it or take a penalty, and hurry up about it!!"

Yeah, the pro that runs the tourney is old school, like he plays in knickers, long sleeves with a tie, and uses hickory shaft clubs old school. When one of the guys in my group commented about how we were playing and how the Tour guys were playing that weekend, the pro said "well, they're a bunch of pussies". Lol

First time out on the course in a couple of weeks yesterday -- used driver mostly and had my straightest driving day of the year. Length? Not so much, but short and in play beats long and in the woods every day of the week.

Short game? A lot to little or a little too lot sums it up nicely, although had a handful of chips/pitches that left me in 1 putt territory -- working on "smooth" rather than "jab."

After a 3 putt bogey on 9 left me a little edgy - proceeded to triple-bogey 10 (the whole looks to easy but is my arch-nemesis). Thought of tossing the clubs in the lake after driving into a FW bunker on 11, but saved par. Parred the next 3, the finished bogey-par-bogey par.

Even had two "sandies" on the back -- leaving 2 foot putts both times.

Okay, so I won't give up the game just yet...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This is OT but I don't wanna start a thread, obviously, & the regulars are on this thread so I gotta question. As you guys know, I misuse ellipses. I don't know where I picked up this habit, because as I've said, my computer knowledge is minimal as is my typing ability. My professional correspondence is gone over by my asst. who takes out the ellipses.

Anyway, are they annoying to ya? Seriously, if you just haven't said something to be kind, I really appreciate it, however if it's annoying, I'll stop using them.

Thanx

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Doesn't bother me any...

Don't eclipse the elipse!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This is OT but I don't wanna start a thread, obviously, & the regulars are on this thread so I gotta question. As you guys know, I misuse ellipses. I don't know where I picked up this habit, because as I've said, my computer knowledge is minimal as is my typing ability. My professional correspondence is gone over by my asst. who takes out the ellipses.

Anyway, are they annoying to ya? Seriously, if you just haven't said something to be kind, I really appreciate it, however if it's annoying, I'll stop using them.

Thanx

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I have heard you make this statement before, about you being an ellipsophile, and honestly I do not know what the hell you are talking about. And why is your ellipsophilia a major concern? I personally have not had any sleepless nights thinking Richard used too damned many periods at the end of his sentence.....Would this not fall under the heading of grammar or spelling, and we do not correct peoples grammar and spelling. We assume they know better but just did not take the time to proof read. Which is acceptable. or is it exceptable...?:D

Thanks for explaining RR, I thought he was saying he "talked with a lisp"! :blink:

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I almost did a thread with a poll to see what you would do but did not. This weekends low was 40* colder than last weekend. It was soggy yesterday, and rained all day today. I played 36 holes of match play with two different opponants in the rain. My Ashworths are supposed to be water proof but when you socks get wet from rain they wick the water down. The top of my feet were wet. I had to turn my hat around backwards to putt because water would drip off.

I won the first match this morning when my opponant went into the water on 18. I laid up and made bogie to his double. In the second match we had three lead changes on the front but were flat at the turn. He won 10 and 11 and I won 12, 13, 14 and was still one up going into 18. I missed the fairway, and had 174 yards to the island green, he missed the fairway and had 150 yards and a tree in front of him. I laid up to 50 yards. He had no choice but to go for it, so he hits a 7 iron and it goes through the tree and we lose sight of it. About the time I think it has gone in the water it lands about 3 feet from the flag and it rolls out to 20 feet. i get on but get a crappy bounce and end up 30 feet from the hole. Miss the par putt so he two putts and we go to sudden death.

My approach shot ends up hole high but off the green rolls down the hill and is on the cart path. He will not let me move it to the nice perfect spot but closer to the hole and I have to put it in a muddy area where carts have been driving and a down hill lie. He got up and down and I did not so, that ends my championship for the year.

I played like crap all weekend. I had numerous opportunities to close the deal and did not. I started off the tournament with two birdies and did not birdie another hole in four rounds, I think. Aside from not putting well, I did nothing well. I even "put together a more forgiving set" and went to the range this morning with two complete bags full of clubs. And then hit them all on the range and took the ones that I hit best. I ended up with the same clubs that I normally play with except, a higher lofted driver and two Hogan hybrids instead of a 3 wood and hybrid I normally game. i wish I woul have had all my normal clubs but it did not make any difference. I did not strike the ball consistantly. But putting was my downfall. I did not make the ones I normally do.

Thanks for explaining RR, I thought he was saying he "talked with a lisp"! :blink:

Hell, I had to look it up. I did not remember seeing any obround circles, arcs , or oval shapes in his writing.:P

Great round Rookie - glad to see you're playing well and very nice RR - you were ready to order a full set of hybrids with senior shafts early today - amazing how fast things can change in this stupid game. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hope RR does well today! Big shout out to T who has his match play final tomorrow. I'm dying for the tournament part of our season to start. That's the good news/bad news of Florida - all of our fun stuff starts in October - there are tournaments to play in during the summer months - I missed a couple of them with the pneumonia - honestly they aren't always a lot of fun because it's so dog gone hot. The October stuff is a different matter. Think mid summer for most of you guys. Our club championships are always in late February, early March - of course all of you guys come down then and take home the hardware.

I'm playing Tuesday and Friday next week, same the following week and then I'm on Vacation leading into our city amateur championship - starting to gear up for all of that - I'll probably have some combo of old set/new set for that.

Yep, that tournament we missed when I was down there would've been a doozie lol.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Great round Rookie - glad to see you're playing well and very nice RR - you were ready to order a full set of hybrids with senior shafts early today - amazing how fast things can change in this stupid game. :)

Actually, I just wanted something more forgiving but I realized it I did not put a good swing on it nothing helped. And while they were hybrids the shafts were X100's.:P I did use the long putter all weekend. I could not make a short putt with my regular putter. So I stuck with the long putter. Today, since it was so wet, I left the 64* wedge out and carried the short putter and the long putter. I started the first round with the short putter, but when I could see that I was not getting any benefit from it I switched back, and had a 3 wood for the second round.

I did not strike the ball near like normal. And really did not deserve to win the two matches that I did. Today it was just so sloppy wet out there. I was coming up short on nearly every approach shot. And from the rough the ball would sail.

But one of the hardest things about the second match was that because we were the only fools still playing, we had a bunch of people following us. The problem was they had been in the bar and were saying things like Ben Hogan would be spinning in his grave if he saw you two guys chip. Or did you use a driver or an 8 iron on that tee shot. This went on for about 5 holes and then the rain picked up and drunks headed back to the bar.

Then on the back nine we caught the seniors who were doing their tournament. 36 holes of handicapped stroke play. We sort of thought that if the seniors could stay out in the rain we could. So we had to stay behind the three groups of four and we were a twosome. It is miserable to play in the cold rain but even more miserable to sit and wait to play in the cold rain.

I know it's probably hard for you to see it but it sounds to me like you played pretty well, especially given the circumstances. Anytime you go to extra holes it really is a coinflip. You had a back and forth match, slow and in the rain, so the pressure was on all day. That is a GRIND! It takes mental toughness to do that. Fun in a way, but more fun in the way it tests yourself, lets you measure yourself in a competitive way. It seems to me if anything you might have overthought things a bit. Changing clubs and all that right before a match is not really something I think is good, and really, you should know that what you did yesterday has no real bearing on what will happen tomorrow. At some point you just have to stick the peg in the ground and let it fly! I bet you learned alot even from the loss, you'll be able to use that later.

In short, good job, even though it might not feel like it!

I had back to back triple bogeys today! Oops!

I know it's probably hard for you to see it but it sounds to me like you played pretty well, especially given the circumstances. Anytime you go to extra holes it really is a coinflip. You had a back and forth match, slow and in the rain, so the pressure was on all day. That is a GRIND! It takes mental toughness to do that. Fun in a way, but more fun in the way it tests yourself, lets you measure yourself in a competitive way. It seems to me if anything you might have overthought things a bit. Changing clubs and all that right before a match is not really something I think is good, and really, you should know that what you did yesterday has no real bearing on what will happen tomorrow. At some point you just have to stick the peg in the ground and let it fly! I bet you learned alot even from the loss, you'll be able to use that later.

In short, good job, even though it might not feel like it!

Found it. Just where I left it. I left my swing on the third hole, and apparently drove back by today and found it. Just where I left it.

I went out today, and started off just like I all weekend. Saturday, I birdied the first two holes, got near the green on the third hole and bladed the ball across the green and then did not put two good shots back to back through 4 rounds. So there I was on the third hole struggling and hit a great pitch, then a great putt for bogey. Then 13 pars and 2 birdies. I was hitting great shots like I had grown accustom to. I moved just a little farther from the ball and it was great. I also quit trying to sink the long putts and they started going in the hole. The short putter is back, for now.

Yeah, most of the issue was that instead of playing 6 competitive tournaments this year, I only played one. So all the stress that I had gotten used in previous years was new for this year. Plus the weather change and the fact that I had planned to peak just in time for the tournament, and two weeks ago when it was scheduled I was ready. Since then I have just been analysising what I was going to do.

My strategy which I intentionally gave up probably an average of 15 yards off the tee, but it did not matter when I was striking the ball so well, but then when I was not hitting it well, I was 15 yards farther than I could have been. New driver on the way and a new philosophy.

What started as a weeknight practice round ended up as a battle for my personal best. After a few holes I realized I was playing great and it was time to get serious. I needed a very doable 11 (par 12) on the last 3 holes and ended up with 13... shot a 77. That 75 will come this year. I can feel it. Par....... that can wait till next season.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

What started as a weeknight practice round ended up as a battle for my personal best. After a few holes I realized I was playing great and it was time to get serious. I needed a very doable 11 (par 12) on the last 3 holes and ended up with 13... shot a 77. That 75 will come this year. I can feel it. Par....... that can wait till next season.

Pars and sub pars come when you least expect them. I went out on the course today earlier than usual, and linked up with two retired guys. It was just a leisurely round, I was working on my short game. When we made the turn I was even par and on the 10th hole I missed the green and pitched up to 2 feet. One of the guys remarked about how great my short game was, and I told him my secret.

Which is to use only the 56* club. Visualize and actually pretend like I am throwing the ball underhanded with my elbow against my right side at the hole, and then use the same speed and arm swing and take a couple of practice swings with the club and then hit the ball. It is remarkable how close the ball comes. The guy I told, a retired coach, is obviously very coach able because he did that and chipped in once on the back and hit the hole twice after complaining that he was always way short or way long.

So a horrible drive on 11 a par 5, and outstanding 3 wood, and 4 iron and am just off the green and chili dip, twice, and make double bogey. On 12, I chili dip again for a bogey. Then miss a putt on 13. So I thought I had blown a great round. I relaxed and thought just make some good shots and it will be a good day.

I birdied, 14, 16, 17 and 18 with a par on 15 to shoot -1. That was amazing. 16-18 are water holes and double bogies are more common than birdies. But I had 3-5 feet putts on 14,16, & 17 and then made a 25 footer on 18.

The reason was because I was not thinking about the score. Just making good contact.

The dreaded double post.

I use that under hand pitch concept too - my pro back in Wisconsin was big on it - that and the try and cut a dollar bill sized shallow pile of sand out of the trap - I've found that the concept of keeping the face open throughout the shot works better for me there.

I've decided I'm going to rename this thread - Is there any chance I'll be playing.

This has been the rainiest summer ever here and it looks like its going to hold onto that title even to the very last day. :(

Oh well if it comes it will be a few more bucks in the MGS coffers.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Horrible, that's my prediction for my next Wednesday through Sunday Myrtle Beach Trip, but the beers and no sleep may have a lot to do with it...can't wait to hack it up!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I use that under hand pitch concept too - my pro back in Wisconsin was big on it - that and the try and cut a dollar bill sized shallow pile of sand out of the trap - I've found that the concept of keeping the face open throughout the shot works better for me there.

I've decided I'm going to rename this thread - Is there any chance I'll be playing.

This has been the rainiest summer ever here and it looks like its going to hold onto that title even to the very last day. :(

Oh well if it comes it will be a few more bucks in the MGS coffers.

Depending on that I want the ball to do, face open = less or no roll and allow the face to turn over = ball will roll.

• SPY VIP

I'm going insane with this game. Saturday in the parking lot I had complete confidence I could do no wrong and fired off a quality 76 after a summer of swing troubles. 5 poor drives = 5 bogeys but a birdie on 18 made for a great feeling finish.

Yesterday; same feeling. First hole pipe one dead center and smooth a 7 iron to 5 feet.. Par... Then triple, double, bogey, bogey and you know where this is going. Birdie on 8 after perfect drive and wedge but that faded fast. Anyways I walked off 86 shots later wondering where all that confidence and great feel went. I think I'm walking on the course with too many swing thoughts and not staying committed to a game plan. More of a mental issue where one bad swing has me rethinking my whole swing on the course. Anyways we'll see how Sunday goes.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I am in the bar right now. Shot 74. And won $95. I played well. This is good considering I kicked a ladder this morning before the round barefoot and may have broken a toe or two. I wlll see when I get home and take off my shoe.

Edit: Second from the smallest toe is now the biggest toe and purple. Driver suffered marginally in distance. But everything else is great This is minor.

Rick, how'd the 11 work out for ya? Did you play it standard or adjust it?

Hope that it played as well as it looked..lol

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I apparently heated the Talamonti shaft too much when I was removing the Callaway sleeve. All looked OK. I installed the Talamonti in the R11 and played it standard. Higher launch but still maybe on the low side. Got to the club and only had a few minutes to warm up and only hit three balls on the range with the driver. Great drives on 1, 2, and 3. 4 is a par 3, but the par 5 5th, I thought I made a good swing but not good results, number 6 same thing and number 7 a perfect swing went straight in the woods. On 8 I was debating about using the driver, I never use the driver on this hole, but it was new. I noticed that the shaft and head were not where I had aligned them. After checking I noticed the head could be moved. I decided it was not glued properly, so I put the headcover back on and played the rest of the round with a 3 wood, Finished the round with two bogeys and the rest pars. Number 18 is a long SOB with a 3 wood off the tee into a slight breeze, I actually hit the green on the second shot with a 5 wood and two putted for par. Ended up shooting ok.

I got home and was going to fix the epoxy problem and discovered that they shaft had split inside the sleeve and that was why I could move the head. So now I have a Talamonti 3 wood shaft if the 3 wood uses a sleeve. So now I need to get a new three wood.:P

I am sure it was my fault I toyed with the idea of putting a different shaft in this driver just for today but decided to play the Titleist 909D3 instead. It has a proper shaft and I hit this one long and straight. but too low. Played ok with it.

I will be getting a new shaft for this R11 the first of next week.

Great golf guys - well Dan was a bit topsy turvy but great golf RR and Richard. Richard must play with a tough crowd to go 74-71 and loose money - ouch!!!!!! We have a friday game here that's like that - you sometimes get Nationwide tour players in it - but we handicap the thing -modified stableford points quota scores are kept based on your quota -

Played in that one last friday and shot a 73 which won me a few bucks - it was very nice. I'm really liking those wedges.

I'm afraide to hit that chunk and run turn the face over out of the trap shot RR - If I need a runner and have the lie for it I'll hit PW or 9iron instead of sand wedge so that I get some run. Different strokes for different folks.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Great golf guys - well Dan was a bit topsy turvy but great golf RR and Richard. Richard must play with a tough crowd to go 74-71 and loose money - ouch!!!!!! We have a friday game here that's like that - you sometimes get Nationwide tour players in it - but we handicap the thing -modified stableford points quota scores are kept based on your quota -

Played in that one last friday and shot a 73 which won me a few bucks - it was very nice. I'm really liking those wedges.

I'm afraide to hit that chunk and run turn the face over out of the trap shot RR - If I need a runner and have the lie for it I'll hit PW or 9iron instead of sand wedge so that I get some run. Different strokes for different folks.

I hit that chunk and run turn the face over out of the trap shot yesterday morning on the first hole and it was tracking to the hole. I was half way to celebrating my chip in bird when it went over the hole, but missed the flag stick, and continued to roll. Off the green and into the other bunker leaving me pretty much the same shot coming back. My birdie turned into a bogey.

I tend to chunk too much and have subsequently learned that the run doesn't go as planned when the first hop is in sand. :( :( :(

For me it's much better to take the longer club - get it out and running and hope for the best - I've never been a great trap player although I've improved significantly since moving the Florida - here it's learn to handle the sand or perish.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Only played 9 Friday evening. Only pulled the driver for a single swing on a single hole. I was playing with a gentleman that plays short, so though I was playing back, there was no reason to be playing that aggressive off the tee. The result? really solid 9 holes, no penatlies, no lost balls, no doubles, for an even 40 ( par is 36 ). Along the way, we also had the pleasure of seeing this lovely visitor to the course:

IMG_0137.jpg

Blue Herons are not terribly common around Atlanta....

Sunday, I got back out to walk 18. I was alone, and played the driver on a couple of holes where I had held back on Friday. The results? alright except for one disaster where I brushed an overhanging tree limb that altered the flight path enough that the ball came down well left, well OB. Took a provisional, and then proceeded to 3 putt the green. The round featured 3 different holes with 3 putt's. Not really sure what the issue was, I just couldn't seem to get the pace right in the afternoon shadows. All of my 3 putts came on greens with alot of late afternoon shadows. Either way, I finished what felt like a really bad round, with an only moderately bad 91.

However, it seems that all my work at cleaning up my short irons & wedges has really paid off, where anything from a 6i in is a high confidence shot. Unfortunately, this work has left my driver in shambles. My 5 yard draw has turned into either a 30 yard slice, or a snap hook with little middle ground. Looks like tuesday will be an hour or so at the range working the driver back into something I can manage...

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Played today in league - shot 75, felt like 85. Didn't drive the ball well - short and wild is not a good combination - 9 fairways but it wasn't really that good. I had an ugly 3 putt, did manage a $23 closest to the pin - hit a beautiful 3 hybrid 194 (according to my new GPS watch) to 8 feet but missed the putt - It took me the first 8 holes to get the speed - the practice green had some fire to it but not the real greens (usually they're identical so I don't know what happened.) I just couldn't get it - left birdie putts short on 10 (we started on the back), 11, 3 putted 12 from 15 feet for double (after a reasonable trap shot), short again for birdie on 13, 14, 15, made an ugly double of 16, finally got the speed on 17 and played 1 under the rest of the way around with a birdie on 1 and another one on 7.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Reshafted a 3 wood and two hybrids today and went to the course this afternoon, when I got there three of my regulars had teed off on the first hole and said that I should catch up because they grew tired of waiting on me. Nevermind the fact that no one bothered to tell me the tee time and I just happened to get there on time. So I grabbed the 3 metal and smoked it right down the middle. The Talamonti shaft is a good 10 to 15 yards longer than the Project X 6.5 I replaced. I birdied the first, fifth, and tenth holes, and bogied 12 and doubled 18 after hitting an 8 iron 179 yards with the wind behind me. That was the distance according to the sky caddie to the back of the island. The 8 iron never touched the island. Even par round. A great day.

Reshafted a 3 wood and two hybrids today and went to the course this afternoon, when I got there three of my regulars had teed off on the first hole and said that I should catch up because they grew tired of waiting on me. Nevermind the fact that no one bothered to tell me the tee time and I just happened to get there on time. So I grabbed the 3 metal and smoked it right down the middle. The Talamonti shaft is a good 10 to 15 yards longer than the Project X 6.5 I replaced. I birdied the first, fifth, and tenth holes, and bogied 12 and doubled 18 after hitting an 8 iron 179 yards with the wind behind me. That was the distance according to the sky caddie to the back of the island. The 8 iron never touched the island. Even par round. A great day.

Nice

I won't get you upset with me when we play.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches