MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Monday men's league ended up continuing the trend of really good rounds despite the strong winds that ended up being a side wind on just about every hole. I ended up driving or nearly driving both par 5's in two and cranked out a few really pretty putts including a few from 10-15 feet that were dead on line.

I know it's about 3-4 years since the TIBA system came out and I bought it, but finally got around to using it. My word has it improved my putting in only two uses. Even taking an ESC 8 on a hole I managed to shoot 45. I'm finally turning the corner, hopefully.

• Like 6

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

86 (48/38, 84 ESC) with 34 putts at Royal Blue at Baha Mar. I got off to a strange start on the front 9, with #2 being a complete blow up hole. So with a quad, triple and double on the front, my work was cut out for me the rest of the round. I was laughing about the double because I crushed the drive, but caught the edge of one of those pesky middle-of-the-fairway bunkers (thanks, Jack) and the rest is history. I got my act together on the back though so I was happy with the turnaround. All in all it was a fun round and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to play in the Bahamas!

• Like 8

TaylorMade SIM 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX 4 50 Mid, 54 Mid, 60 Full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
TaylorMade TP5

7 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Play in a tournament every year sponsored by the Golfstyles Media Group called the Solstice Survival - a one day 54 hole stroke event.  We tee off at 5:45AM and don't stop until the last putt is made on hole 54.  I've only placed once quite a few years ago and that was only because I had a couple lucky breaks and because the event was shortened to 27 holes because of heavy, heavy rains that had transformed a few par fours into island greens.  I played this year's Solstice tournament at Bulle Rock, a course that used to host the McDonald's LPGA tournament for a few years (https://bullerockgc.com/about-us-golf/).  Forecast was for 90% rain on and off an heavy rains with thunderstorms in the afternoon.  I brought the heavy duty rain gear, but it wasn't breathable and I get hot quickly so it was a constant dress and removal of the suit as the rains came and went.  My game was on an uptick with some great play as of late, but yesterday, the game was hit and miss, adding that the greens were so quick that lags a lot of times went 6' past or more -made for an up and down round.  We all got called back to the clubhouse as there were thunderstorms rolling through.  20-30 golfers had enough and packed it up but the course said we we're going back out.  Up until the time we got called back to the club house it hadn't been cart path only even with some of the steady down pours because the course drained very well, but after the last biblical deluge, it because CPO the last 18.  Bulle Rock is hilly, with thick rough so having it CPO made for a long last 18 holes out of the 54. Well, I had snowball's chance in hell for placing as I didn't think I played well so imagine my surprise when my name got called for this:

IMG_20190610_204938.thumb.jpg.a7fb257ef15929fe64711d8838ebeb94.jpg

Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

Congratulations! That's so cool

• Like 3

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

So I played with two of my boys tonight - it was a lovely afternoon, not too hot and bit breezy but then again it's Oklahoma so it's just ALWAYS windy but I digress. The last time I played it was an absolute train wreck with the driver but as PING Apologist #9 said I would "get it back" - I did 🙂. So, I played really well and scored really well but there is a big caveat to be added - we had to play the back nine twice because of a clinic on the front nine so it was the same wind and I knew what clubs/shots I had hit my first time around and I got a major teach for my second go around: My first nine I had 1 bogey against 2 birdies and on my second nine I had 4 birdies and the course is only 6162 yards, so with an asterisk firmly in place, here are my stats:

FIR: 10/12

GIR: 14/18

Putts: 27

• Like 9

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Play in a tournament every year sponsored by the Golfstyles Media Group called the Solstice Survival - a one day 54 hole stroke event.  We tee off at 5:45AM and don't stop until the last putt is made on hole 54.  I've only placed once quite a few years ago and that was only because I had a couple lucky breaks and because the event was shortened to 27 holes because of heavy, heavy rains that had transformed a few par fours into island greens.  I played this year's Solstice tournament at Bulle Rock, a course that used to host the McDonald's LPGA tournament for a few years (https://bullerockgc.com/about-us-golf/).  Forecast was for 90% rain on and off an heavy rains with thunderstorms in the afternoon.  I brought the heavy duty rain gear, but it wasn't breathable and I get hot quickly so it was a constant dress and removal of the suit as the rains came and went.  My game was on an uptick with some great play as of late, but yesterday, the game was hit and miss, adding that the greens were so quick that lags a lot of times went 6' past or more -made for an up and down round.  We all got called back to the clubhouse as there were thunderstorms rolling through.  20-30 golfers had enough and packed it up but the course said we we're going back out.  Up until the time we got called back to the club house it hadn't been cart path only even with some of the steady down pours because the course drained very well, but after the last biblical deluge, it because CPO the last 18.  Bulle Rock is hilly, with thick rough so having it CPO made for a long last 18 holes out of the 54. Well, I had snowball's chance in hell for placing as I didn't think I played well so imagine my surprise when my name got called for this:
Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today🤣

MDGolfHacker

Congrats MD........the true gift is that you had fun challenging yourself. 54 holes in one Day is an amazing feat! Glad you competed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

12 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Yep came in first net! 

Congratulations!!

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

So I played with two of my boys tonight - it was a lovely afternoon, not too hot and bit breezy but then again it's Oklahoma so it's just ALWAYS windy but I digress. The last time I played it was an absolute train wreck with the driver but as PING Apologist #9 said I would "get it back" - I did 🙂. So, I played really well and scored really well but there is a big caveat to be added - we had to play the back nine twice because of a clinic on the front nine so it was the same wind and I knew what clubs/shots I had hit my first time around and I got a major teach for my second go around: My first nine I had 1 bogey against 2 birdies and on my second nine I had 4 birdies and the course is only 6162 yards, so with an asterisk firmly in place, here are my stats:

FIR: 10/12

GIR: 14/18

Putts: 27

A 65 is a 65 regardless of playing the same 9 twice or length. Good stuff!

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

56 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....emoji299.pngemoji90.png

The only rain I encountered between PG and Carlisle, PA (where I am currently) on my trek north was in Tampa.  You're just living in the wrong place!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:cleveland-small: Halo 3h

PGF Southpaw 7W

:ping-small:  Eye 2  5-SW  or

:wilson-small: C200 5 - AW

:cleveland-small:  Oil Can 56* and 60*

:rife-putters-1:  2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....

It’s rained (thunder, lightning & downpour) every day since Friday here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 again this morning and 42. Putted well, Driver OK, irons terrible.
Good thing I left after 9, the guys got drenched 3 holes later in a nasty thunderstorm.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today🤣

MDGolfHacker

Way to go Champ! 🏌️♂️

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Not too well ... had 2 doubles and 2 triples and ended up with an 89.  HOWEVER....it was my first full round of golf in over 6 weeks post surgery, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.  I was pretty spent stamina wise by the 14th hole, but I did finish all 18 (in a cart, yes).  We were playing 9s for the drinks afterwards....guess who had to buy 🙂 

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

A 65 is a 65 regardless of playing the same 9 twice or length. Good stuff!

Haha no doubt - thanks Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Not too well ... had 2 doubles and 2 triples and ended up with an 89.  HOWEVER....it was my first full round of golf in over 6 weeks post surgery, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.  I was pretty spent stamina wise by the 14th hole, but I did finish all 18 (in a cart, yes).  We were playing 9s for the drinks afterwards....guess who had to buy 🙂 

That’s great to hear. Don’t push too hard but nice to see recovery is going well. 

• Like 1

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

9/14 fir

13/18 gir

28 putts

Not a perfect ball striking day but very time I looked up ball was going where I intended it. 28 putts is a little bit of a farce as I had 8 1 putts and a 3 putt. Of the 1 putts I made 1 from 24’ for par and everything else was inside 6’. Nice to see consistency in my game for once. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

9/14 fir

13/18 gir

28 putts

Not a perfect ball striking day but very time I looked up ball was going where I intended it. 28 putts is a little bit of a farce as I had 8 1 putts and a 3 putt. Of the 1 putts I made 1 from 24’ for par and everything else was inside 6’. Nice to see consistency in my game for once. 

Really nice round! Glad to see the Epic Flash is still a fairway finder.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Sept. 20, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

Really nice round! Glad to see the Epic Flash is still a fairway finder.

Thanks!

Its a beautiful thing! Getting more trust in it each time and starting the ball where I should now vs where I hit previous gamer. 

• Like 3