MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

11 hours ago, edingc said:

That happened to me two weeks ago in my four-person scramble. No clue how we managed a six-hour round. Absolutely maddening.

The scramble I played in last week was almost 6 hours and we later learned it was due to some guy a few groups in front of us who absolutely insisted on playing his own ball the entire 18. Refused to play by scramble rules. It was brutal. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

The scramble I played in last week was almost 6 hours and we later learned it was due to some guy a few groups in front of us who absolutely insisted on playing his own ball the entire 18. Refused to play by scramble rules. It was brutal. 

Wow. That's unbelievable.

I think the group about three carts ahead of us just was playing very slowly. Didn't help that we shotgun started on a par 3 followed by a difficult par 4 where you must lay up before carrying a hazard to the green. This outing is on a pretty unforgiving course and also tends to field once-per-year golfers, which doesn't help pace of play any.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Every single team in our league was 2 under yesterday but I dunno... It was wet and rainy which makes the course play longer than normal and some of these guys are rather "liberal" with their best ball placement.

I went back to my 'old' swing and hit the ball really well.  Most holes I was left having to hit the 'best' shot as the other 3 guys went OB or way off line.  

Maintaining our 8 stroke lead over the field ... hopefully the weather warms up and the course dries out so we can extend it.  This course does NOT drain well and you get a lot of plugged lies when it rains.

• Like 8

I did something this morning I've never done before: got nine straight pars (back 9). I"m an 11 (this should drop me to 10), and I'm working to get back to single digits. Once upon a time I was down to 5, but that was before two back surgeries. But even then, I'd never shot straight pars. Overall a 76. Happy camper!

• Like 9

Played a short 9 hole course.  Too short to call a full executive, too long to be a true Par 3 course.

Desert Mirage is a nice course for short game practice, even if it needs better care.  28.9/89 1867 yards.

36 total

6 Bogies, 2 Par, 1 Bird. Could (should) have had 2-4 more Pars if I would have putted with more confidence.

2 GIR, 5 FIR, 15 Putts, 0 Penalties

On to a longer course this weekend.

• Like 5

Continuing to struggle post surgery and 6 week layoff, but played 18 today.  Lost a ball on the first hole and then put another in the water on #7....3 birdies salvaged a 84.  My iron play showed periods of the single digit ball striker I used to be along with periods of ball striking that resemble someone who struggles to break 100.  Burned a lot of putts on the edges and wasn't real happy with most drives.  My expectations are still too high, me thinks.  While I wasn't particularly happy with my overall day, there are moments that remind me that I can play.  I'll get there (one hopes).

• Like 3

77 meh

back nine was 7 bogies and two birdies

• Like 1

Worst 18 I can remember this morning. Nothing was working, felt like I never played before in my life. Taking next4 days off due to different obligations and projects. Maybe rushing back to play too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

... Been going thru some back issues myself, so I know the feeling. I keep saying I am taking a week off then get antsy 2 days later. But the rain here is forcing me to take more time off than I would like, and it sounds like you are in the same position. Hopefully the 4 days bring you back physically and mentally refreshed! 

• Like 2

6 hours, I would lose my mind. We have played 5+ in “hit & giggle” charity events years ago but 6 is ridiculous.

I came close. The post round beer was well earned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I came close. The post round beer was well earned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely

I played pretty poorly today and the winds and a stiff back didn't help. We ended up playing 12 holes today after work:

+7 (yikes)

1 birdie/3 pars/8 bogeys

4/10 fir

3/12 gir

19 putts

• Like 6

Weather has been terrible for almost any outdoor activities this past month.Got out on a gorgeous 81 degree day and just played terrible.Shot a 58 for 9 holes and left the course. I hit just about every bad shot a golf club could possibly hit in a lifetime.Bad storms and more heavy rain slated for the next 7 days again.So now I have to live with all the bad memories from that debacle in the sun yesterday

It’s weird..I felt so happy to just be on the course yesterday.And I really felt like a decent round would be the gift the golf gods would give me.Sadly, they gave me a real bad one.Not sure what part of my game needs addressing  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Big money said:

Weather has been terrible for almost any outdoor activities this past month.Got out on a gorgeous 81 degree day and just played terrible.Shot a 58 for 9 holes and left the course. I hit just about every bad shot a golf club could possibly hit in a lifetime.Bad storms and more heavy rain slated for the next 7 days again.So now I have to live with all the bad memories from that debacle in the sun yesterday

It’s weird..I felt so happy to just be on the course yesterday.And I really felt like a decent round would be the gift the golf gods would give me.Sadly, they gave me a real bad one.Not sure what part of my game needs addressing  

chin up- we have ALL been there.

John Jacobs always said when you have "total swing disintegration go back to basics, grip, alignment, posture and take half smooth swings ONLY until it starts to bed in"

It works! good luck, keep us updated.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

chin up- we have ALL been there.

John Jacobs always said when you have "total swing disintegration go back to basics, grip, alignment, posture and take half smooth swings ONLY until it starts to bed in"

It works! good luck, keep us updated.

I’m going to do this in my den.Since I will be shut out of golf for days with all the heavy rain.One thing that always helped me is thinking tempo only on the course.Do you thinking just focusing on a nice smooth tempo is a good thought as well ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big money said:

I’m going to do this in my den.Since I will be shut out of golf for days with all the heavy rain.One thing that always helped me is thinking tempo only on the course.Do you thinking just focusing on a nice smooth tempo is a good thought as well ?

Not only a good thought but essential with the half swings until you start getting better contact. It will happen.

• Like 1

Shot an 82 as I continue to test the MTB-X.  12 of 14 fairways but only 6 greens hit.  Maybe it was the new irons I bagged.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Shot an 82 as I continue to test the MTB-X.  12 of 14 fairways but only 6 greens hit.  Maybe it was the new irons I bagged.

XXIO driver still in the bag or have you switched over to something else?