Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

today was a good day on the course

only 3 temporary greens and the other 15 greens were pure, smooth and fast, I sent the superintendent a text to thank him so much. 

Today I played from the forward tees, right up front, for some reason it freed up my swing and was super comfortable. 

I am trying to figure out the "why" behind the freed up feeling and will be looking forward to tomorrow to see if I can take some of those feelings to the "regular" tees.

I am a real believer in, you can't get any better sitting on the couch, and today I am glad I got off the couch. 

committed to performance excellence

8 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

today was a good day on the course

only 3 temporary greens and the other 15 greens were pure, smooth and fast, I sent the superintendent a text to thank him so much. 

Today I played from the forward tees, right up front, for some reason it freed up my swing and was super comfortable. 

I am trying to figure out the "why" behind the freed up feeling and will be looking forward to tomorrow to see if I can take some of those feelings to the "regular" tees.

I am a real believer in, you can't get any better sitting on the couch, and today I am glad I got off the couch. 

Do you think it's because there is "less" trouble from the front tees?  I played up a set this past week and felt like that as well. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

10 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

How much did the forward tees impact your club selection off the tee?  Same clubs as normal or back off to hit to the same spots as the back tees?   Maybe you were just at distances that were more comfortable for you?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Do you think it's because there is "less" trouble from the front tees?  I played up a set this past week and felt like that as well. 

good morning Josh, same trouble on most holes and different trouble on other holes, was your experience because of less trouble? it was fun to try "different" lines off the tee and I think that "freed" me up a bit.

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

How much did the forward tees impact your club selection off the tee?  Same clubs as normal or back off to hit to the same spots as the back tees?   Maybe you were just at distances that were more comfortable for you?  

Great question, 1-3-5-6-7-8-9-13-14-15-17-18 all the same however 5-7-8-10-12-14-15-18 were much shorter clubs on the approach shot which got me closer to the pin, I birdied 9-10-11-12, missed a 5 footer for 5 in a row, then finished with birdies on 17-18. shot 30 on the back side. Really interested in today's round. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

29 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Great question, 1-3-5-6-7-8-9-13-14-15-17-18 all the same however 5-7-8-10-12-14-15-18 were much shorter clubs on the approach shot which got me closer to the pin, I birdied 9-10-11-12, missed a 5 footer for 5 in a row, then finished with birdies on 17-18. shot 30 on the back side. Really interested in today's round. 

I’m guessing that you were more comfortable because you were playing shorter clubs into the greens which based on past posts are clubs you practice frequently and since shorter clubs generally lead to closer proximity; which you got based on the quote, resulted in that more comfortable feeling.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

good morning Josh, same trouble on most holes and different trouble on other holes, was your experience because of less trouble? it was fun to try "different" lines off the tee and I think that "freed" me up a bit.

Mentally less trouble.... yes, probably so.  The white tees on my course tend to be from a different location (sight line) than the blue and gold tees.  Takes a few of the trees that I tend to try and hit out of my sight which gets me thinking less about those dang things!

So just finished my round today, 

had a chance to have a great round (2 under after 5) but finished average for a respectable round of 73. 

11 fairways, 12 greens and 30 putts 

needed to sink a few more putts 

Played one of my better... if not the best round I've played, at my home course Legendary Run yesterday. 40 on the front and 40 on the back... Cant remember if i broke 80 there before.

It's just too bad i 3-putted for par 18🤦‍♂️

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

After a few weeks off due to varying ailments, I got back out on Tuesday and shot a nice 77 with 3 lip outs- then today was an 86 after a +11 front- needless to say, one should not wear your ski parka just because it’s 43°

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played some simulator golf today on Pinehurst. Shot an 83 with 9 par. Was a fun way to celebrate the birthday especially with 40° and showers today. Driver was working well too.

Played a couple holes on Cabot as well. Video is a drive on Cabot

IMG_7102.jpeg

IMG_7103.jpeg

Edited by No3PuttLaLa

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

2 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Played some simulator golf today on Pinehurst. Shot an 83 with 9 par. Was a fun way to celebrate the birthday especially with 40° and showers today. Driver was working well too.

Played a couple holes on Cabot as well. Video is a drive on Cabot

IMG_7102.jpeg

IMG_7105.mov 18.25 MB · 0 downloads

IMG_7103.jpeg

Looks like a great time!  

14 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Looks like a great time!  

Absolutely was. New placed they put in with Pickleball and the simulators. It’s on the expensive side, but absolutely a good time. May try to get some friends together for a monthly simulator league there. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

12 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Absolutely was. New placed they put in with Pickleball and the simulators. It’s on the expensive side, but absolutely a good time. May try to get some friends together for a monthly simulator league there. 

I bet the location would jump on that if they don't already have one going!  

I have yet to play a round on a simulator but plan on building my addition sometime this next year hopefully. 

Shot an even 100 today at Country Club of New Bedford. I can’t complain - I got to play golf in December. After having not touched a club in a month and a half, just being out there was a blast. Left the face open too much, forgot how to hit bunker shots, and had 39 putts (those greens are no joke, it’s like putting on tilted glass half the time). Doesn’t matter - had a great time with my bud and some of his family. It’s like a bonus round at this point in the year. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Today's round was sub par. Im glad we were playing team games because the front nine was a ton of off and on shots. Back 9 was much better and helped my partner out on several holes.  It was just one of those days...

It was one of those days that I felt like my game was in a fog....it turns out I was!!  It was supposed to be a nice day, 60* and partly cloudy.  They were close, we got to 49* and the partly cloudy never left ground level.  You could see the ball for about 50 yards and then nothing.  We all were hitting them pretty straight and nobody in our 3-some lost a ball in the 9 holes we played.  I ended up +2 with a couple lipouts so I was very happy.  The Edison wedges continue to impress!! 

This was not a morning fog but at about 2:30 in the afternoon....

IMG_20231202_160400626.jpg.7c5690ef037a3ba903d33c3aa2d2d2f9.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

My group cancelled on me because it was too wet so I made a tee time for myself to get out and pay since it was 70* today.  When I got to the course the starter told me to head to the first tee to get ahead of some groups.   Not a big warmup person but I like to hit a few pitches and roll some putts.  

Didn't start well; topped my first tee shot so I hit another one and topped it again.  Decided it was going to be a practice round!.   Went to hit my approach and topped another one.   Next shot was hit well and flew the green.    chopped on and one putted.    Topped the tee shot on 2,  topped the next shot, and then finally started hitting the ball acceptably.   Didn't top another shot until the 10th tee 🙂  

Short game wasn't too bad;  just need to make sure I finish the swing and don't fall back onto my trail foot.  

Overall just need some time hitting balls.    

I played this afternoon with my normal group and added one more.  Overall it was a decent round.  I'm actually seeing my driver have a slight draw and better elevation.  It is and will be a work in progress for some time but happy to see positives.  

Ended up 7 over with a couple poor holes where I had to punch out to the fairway to clear a path to the green but did have a birdie and a few putts that I left 6-10 in short for birdie as well.  

Weather was perfect and sitting right at 70 degrees with a little bit of wind.

Played really bad today. Shot 85 when I normally shoot 75ish. Nothing was in sync. Just one of those days where I woke up a different player than the day before. Just lost standing over the ball. All in my head. Zero golf mojo. Humbling, frustrating, disconcerting......all the things....

27 minutes ago, pbclubdude said:

Played really bad today. Shot 85 when I normally shoot 75ish. Nothing was in sync. Just one of those days where I woke up a different player than the day before. Just lost standing over the ball. All in my head. Zero golf mojo. Humbling, frustrating, disconcerting......all the things....

I hate those days. Especially when playing back to back days. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

14 minutes ago, pantleggs said:

Ended up shooting a personal best of -1 70 (par 71). 

congrats on the personal best. 

43 minutes ago, pantleggs said:

Likely played my last round of the year today (I live near Philly). Was 50 degrees and had rained since last night. Wet but not soaked. Ended up shooting a personal best of -1 70 (par 71). A good day to know your distances as there wasn’t much rollout or spin with the damp greens so pin hunting was in order. Thrilled with my score but this shot was the highlight: Par 3. 153 yards. 9 iron. Closest to a hole in one I've ever been. 

IMG_2535.jpeg

Congratulations!  PBs are always nice.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

My group cancelled on me because it was too wet so I made a tee time for myself to get out and pay since it was 70* today.  When I got to the course the starter told me to head to the first tee to get ahead of some groups.   Not a big warmup person but I like to hit a few pitches and roll some putts.  

Didn't start well; topped my first tee shot so I hit another one and topped it again.  Decided it was going to be a practice round!.   Went to hit my approach and topped another one.   Next shot was hit well and flew the green.    chopped on and one putted.    Topped the tee shot on 2,  topped the next shot, and then finally started hitting the ball acceptably.   Didn't top another shot until the 10th tee 🙂  

Short game wasn't too bad;  just need to make sure I finish the swing and don't fall back onto my trail foot.  

Overall just need some time hitting balls.    

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The golf gods urged me to play today. I had to appease them.
Got to the course at 8:30 and it was empty. I only saw two other groups out. A twosome walking and a threesome riding. Played the front well with my usual no warm up. Two birdies and 1 bogey on the front. Back 9 was interesting. 12th hole par 3, I shanked a 7 iron. Now I’m short right. Branches overhead and a trap in front of me to a front pin location. I ran one up the left side of the front of the green missing the trap by a foot. Just what I was trying to do. But it didn’t stop and rolled off the back of the green. Then hit a flop shot and holed it and somehow walked away with par.  Then birdie, then a par then another birdie. Fast forward to 18 which is a par 5 with an island green. I’m sitting at 2 under for the back at this point. I hit a good drive then followed  with a good 5 hybrid to within 10 yards of the river. All that is left is a 60 yard shot over the river to the pin on the island green. With birdie on my mind and sitting in the middle of the fairway (which is hard pan now in this section) I freaking thinned it. Across the river, across the green, and down the left side into the water hazard. Took my drop, pitched on and drained the putt for a 6.

All in all a good day with two sand saves thrown in. Totaled out with a 2 under round of 70. But no matter how good the day was you remember the screw up on 18 and what could have been a 68 or 69. 

But just happy I’m still playing golf in December and it was 73 degrees.

Glad to see some at least get out and play in December, even if the results were not "mid-season" form or perfect. All I can do up here at this time is for a dry day over 42 degrees for one local course that stays open to be playable.

54 minutes ago, pantleggs said:

Likely played my last round of the year today (I live near Philly). Was 50 degrees and had rained since last night. Wet but not soaked. Ended up shooting a personal best of -1 70 (par 71). A good day to know your distances as there wasn’t much rollout or spin with the damp greens so pin hunting was in order. Thrilled with my score but this shot was the highlight: Par 3. 153 yards. 9 iron. Closest to a hole in one I've ever been. 

IMG_2535.jpeg

Congrats. on your personal best, and great HIO effort shown above.

Edited by rkj427

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Rained last night and all morning today.  We had an 8:30 tee time, but my wife moved it to 11:45 which was when the rain was supposed to stop.  I wasn't going to play; still resting my sore right knee, but I wanted to keep her company.  The rain actually quit shortly after noon, so we waited until 12:20pm, and I decided to play.  We finished at 3:20pm

Birdied the 1st hole!!  Then reality set in.  I had 7 bogeys, one double and a triple for an 84, but I managed to turn things around ending with 6 straight pars when the sun finally came out.  Oddly enough, my knee never really hurt to play, but distance was down for all clubs; very humid, wet fairways and standing water on both fairways and some greens.  I have an 8:30am appointment tomorrow with the Ortho doc for x-ray/MRI and discuss replacement.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, pantleggs said:

IMG_2535.jpeg

Congrats!

I had the more fun playing golf today than I have in years. No pain - shoulder and knee fully recovered - and a ball that responded the way I wanted it to! What a concept, aim at a spot, hit the ball with a little draw in the swing and have the ball go to that spot! It has been a long time since that happened. Putting, yeah well that should have been better - 4 three putts 😬- pitching was pretty good, chipping so so. Driving hit 11 of twelve fairways!

Shot of the day was a 153 yard 8 iron on a 10 degree down hill side hill lie. Ball flight took me out over a pond to an elevated green with a dead straight shot that rolled up for a ten inch birdie putt! 

I owe the day to the Lagshot system I have been using for about 2 weeks. I am going to write up the official unofficial review of the LagShots this weekend. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos: