How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Played very nicely .. the first 7 of 9 holes... 🤷‍♂️

Hit good enough tee shots, careful second layup shots to get in front of the green, mostly good wedge shots to decent proximity to the flag and almost good enough first putts for five "easy" bogeys and two "easy" pars 👍

But then...

But then I dunno I just kinda got tired of waiting around on every shot (two couples in two carts in front of us were always together, back and forth across the fairways, back and forth, and only hitting one shot at a time, ...) and guess I sorta mentally checked out and lost focus...

So first 7 holes in +5 (yea) and last 2 holes in .. gasp .. +6 (boo)... 🤦‍♂️

That's golf.

Work. In. Progress!

I can totally understand that and the frustration it brings................................. ran into that on more than one occasion today myself.

The way I "manage" around that is once they are clear, and I hit a tee shot, even if we still are waiting while they are on the green, I will play wedges, more for practice, and not worry about GIR's or potential bogies.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Felt like a dog that lost his bone today. For someone who hits a straight drive and is usually in the fairway, today was not that day. I can’t even remember the last time I couldn’t find fairways. The leaves didn’t help either. Lost a ball today. Thank goodness my recovery shots were spot on. I was pulling off shots that I normally would not attempt. But I let the driver frustration get the best of me and walked off after 12 holes. Plus that fact I was getting hung up behind some slow golfers after making the turn. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

41/38 +7 79  The golf club at Stonelick Hills

IMG_1641.jpeg

First time playing this course and it is a beauty. Some real highs, driving the green on the Par 4 16th and draining a 25 footer for birdie on 18. Some real lows, too. I was just off the green in 2 on the Par 5 10th and finished with a double bogey and there was a triple bogey on a par 3 that is best not talked about. 
32 putts, so better, but the work continues. 
IMG_1647.jpeg

The Paradym TD was driving the ball well today. So it’s not going anywhere. 
IMG_1648.jpeg

Today was also an informal Southern Ohio Spies Meet-up. I played with @brutal brutusand it was nice meeting him. We played with a single, who we converted into a member by the end of the round. So welcome to the forum, @Dicky
This is a good place and I think you’ll enjoy the people and the content you find here. 😁

IMG_1645.jpeg

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned down 1° flat :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue velocore  6x

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Alta CB 65s

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 :projectx: 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 :projectx: 6.0

48°: :vokey-small: SM-9 

54° & 58°: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

57 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

41/38 +7 79  The golf club at Stonelick Hills

IMG_1641.jpeg

First time playing this course and it is a beauty. Some real highs, driving the green on the Par 4 16th and draining a 25 footer for birdie on 18. Some real lows, too. I was just off the green in 2 on the Par 5 10th and finished with a double bogey and there was a triple bogey on a par 3 that is best not talked about. 
32 putts, so better, but the work continues. 
IMG_1647.jpeg

The Paradym TD was driving the ball well today. So it’s not going anywhere. 
IMG_1648.jpeg

Today was also an informal Southern Ohio Spies Meet-up. I played with @brutal brutusand it was nice meeting him. We played with a single, who we converted into a member by the end of the round. So welcome to the forum, @Dicky
This is a good place and I think you’ll enjoy the people and the content you find here. 😁

IMG_1645.jpeg

I don't care what your course handicap is, breaking 80 at Stonelick the first time you see it is some good play!

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Just now, Siamese Moose said:

I don't care what your course handicap is, breaking 80 at Stonelick the first time you see it is some good play!

Thank you Rob, I appreciate it. That is a tough track. Had some really good holes. Had some really bad holes. I can’t remember my last triple bogey, but I had one today, on a par 3 no less. I want to play it again, when we’re not racing to finish before dark. 

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned down 1° flat :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue velocore  6x

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

As @MaxEntropy mentioned, we got out to Windmill Lakes with @DiscipleofPenick for probably the last round of the year.

I played my worst round of golf that I have played this year. I almost walked off a couple of times it was that bad. I have a lot of work to do this winter on the sim.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

37 minutes ago, MattF said:

I played my worst round of golf that I have played this year. I almost walked off a couple of times it was that bad. I have a lot of work to do this winter on the sim.

At least you have an excuse. Major swing changes can have that effect. I nearly tied your score earlier this year without any changes.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

12 hours ago, rkj427 said:

I can totally understand that and the frustration it brings................................. ran into that on more than one occasion today myself.

The way I "manage" around that is once they are clear, and I hit a tee shot, even if we still are waiting while they are on the green, I will play wedges, more for practice, and not worry about GIR's or potential bogies.

That's a good idea, thx - I need to keep myself occupied with something other than standing and waiting!

I'd also read somewhere to do some chipping practice, using the rough and the fairway .. but that also good idea seemed to have slipped my mind .. so need to make a mental note to myself...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08; Tour Edge 1-Out
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll RR5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

10 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

Thank you Rob, I appreciate it. That is a tough track. Had some really good holes. Had some really bad holes. I can’t remember my last triple bogey, but I had one today, on a par 3 no less. I want to play it again, when we’re not racing to finish before dark. 

Yea, i want to play it again in late spring or early summer when everything is in full bloom. Its hard to get a sense of some of the lines without the leaves on the trees. The one where you were looking down in the gulley for your ball that was actually near the top of the hill was one. From the tee, you have little perspective on how the hole turns to the left without that solid treeline straight out to draw your eyes towards the dogleg.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

16 minutes ago, brutal brutus said:

Yea, i want to play it again in late spring or early summer when everything is in full bloom. Its hard to get a sense of some of the lines without the leaves on the trees. The one where you were looking down in the gulley for your ball that was actually near the top of the hill was one. From the tee, you have little perspective on how the hole turns to the left without that solid treeline straight out to draw your eyes towards the dogleg.

Plus, on a replay, we would have a little course knowledge to draw from when trying to decide what and where to hit. Overall, I liked the course though

WITB:

58 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

At least you have an excuse. Major swing changes can have that effect. I nearly tied your score earlier this year without any changes.

Like the other guys, we played likely our final round. I had a solid day with a 37/41 with a birdie on #5. Lost a few balls to the leaves, but it was a great afternoon. Hit the irons well and putted fantastic. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

56 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Plus, on a replay, we would have a little course knowledge to draw from when trying to decide what and where to hit. Overall, I liked the course though

Yea, it was a fun course for sure. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

Got out to Indian Hills Golf Club in Jurupa Valley with my brothers this Sunday, a little time change get away.  I had  sore back so made me play more conservative but still shot my normal, low 90s.  Still trying to break 90 and keep consistently there.  2nd shots off the tee killed me yet again, long iron work is what I will be focusing on now.  Great day with the brothers spending some quality time and good conversations.  This is the signature hole the 16th overlooking the city.

Bros.jpg

JCgolfer

Make small improvements!

Making upgrades to my outdated golf set.

Love reading and keeping up with the new golf tech.

Played most of a round with my best friend yesterday. We played a scramble because he's even newer to golf than I am. We got to the tee box for the twelfth before the heavens opened. Ran to the clubhouse for a pasty and a pint instead of getting drenched. 8 over for the holes we played. Had some amazing holes, hit some fantastic drives and made some lovely putts. Plugged the ball on the green twice 🤣🤣

IMG_20231105_125150776.jpg

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

3 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Like the other guys, we played likely our final round. I had a solid day with a 37/41 with a birdie on #5. Lost a few balls to the leaves, but it was a great afternoon. Hit the irons well and putted fantastic. 

You putter was en fuego!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played for the first time in almost a month yesterday, and throughout the round it certainly looked like it. What made it tougher is that we played the toughest course in our community. 52/51. 😞

A positive is the new driver replacement. I have a major spin problem with driver and haven't found the exact issue yet (I think it's a heel strike issue). But I do hit my FW's really well, so I took a flier on a used TM Rocket 3w I found on eBay. It's a 13.5* Stealth+ that I turned down to 12.75* at this point. Has a HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 75g shaft that plays about 43.5". Hit 50% of fairways and had my longest drive in a long time at 275 (granted probably ~30 yards of that was runout).

Another positive was I might have found a little something with my irons. Still very inconsistent with them (due to not playing enough) but I was able to hit more better shots than I have lately. Still need to keep up with my lessons and practice, but it was nice to see more good shots throughout the round and on the range beforehand.

It was just good to get back out with dad one last time before the weather finally turns for good.

Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
or
Driver: :callaway-small: Ai Smoke Ti 340 Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 70g
Fairways: :mizuno-small: ST230 Max 3w / 5w / 7w, 15* / 18* / 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: ST230 Max 5H (25*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX, 80g
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG, Personally Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder & Testing the Vortex Anarch Rangefinder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/388-excellent-used-sub70-939x-4-hybrid-hzrdus-smoke-black-90g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/387-excellent-used-sub70-939x-3-hybrid-hzrdus-smoke-black-90g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/386-excellent-used-sub70-949x-5-wood-hzrdus-smoke-blue-rdx-60g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/385-excellent-used-sub70-949x-3-wood-hzrdus-smoke-red-rdx-70g-60-mcc4-mid/
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/item/369-takomo-101-4-pw-dg120-s300-excellent-condition

Played yesterday with a 17 year old kid that used to live across the street from me. His driver was garbage (he got his clubs from "Take my stuff") so I gave him my old Callaway Hyper X during the round.

Was getting off the tee well but was a little bit wild. Big problem was that I keep chunking short approach shots, taking huge divots, and coming up short on 70-100 yard shots. Also struggling with my chipping; coming up short consistently because I take a a couple of practice swings, get scared on the downswing I'm going to airmail it, slow down, and come up short. It's something I want to work on over the winter.

Still, it was a gorgeous day to be outside even if I shot 50 for nine holes. 

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

Managed to get a couple of outings over the weekend.

Saturday I took the opportunity to hit a course after dropping wife and daughter at a craft fair. Played 12 holes before getting the "we're ready for pickup" call. +5 after 12. Trophy Club, Lebanon, Indiana, USA. Perfect weather for a round and the course was in great shape. Won't be any better days before spring, I'm sure, and most courses are starting to aerate the greens this week.

Yesterday played with a friend on our local 9-hole muni. Zionsville GC, IN (attached photo from 8th green). Shot +1 (37) with a penalty for one ball lost to the leaves (3 min of searching). Missed a 4ft putt for level on the 9th. Gutted (haven't shot an even par 9 for a very long time). Not the hardest course, but cheap and fun. Best I've chipped and putted for months. 2 up-and-downs, 4x1 putts total.

This week looks to be really nice, so I'm considering taking a day off work later in the week to get a round in. Winter weather will hit hard soon enough and we'll be stuck with heated ranges and indoor sims.

7FBFAFAC-FB2C-4F50-B26B-FC447F67148D_1_102_o.jpeg

Edited by Indy_Oz
Added photo

2024 WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model /or/ :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix:callaway-small: Chrome Tour/Tour X [see ball test link below]

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

Had a great round this morning!  I was the first one on the course and the front 9 was great!  I was hitting the ball well and the approach shots were slightly off but I was pin high and just off the green for easy chips or putts.  I ended up 1 under on the front.  I got to the back and started having a few issues with the driver.  I had made an adjustment to it last night and was trying it out.  I started having the ole slice again.  Hole 10, I bounce it OB but was able to save a bogey.  Birdied 13 and then I get to my nemesis, hole 15!  I decided to change it up and play it with 3 wood off the tee and wouldn't you know it... Hooked one OB and ended up with a double.  Shot 4 over on the back for a round of 75.

Driver is being put back in the old position and we are going to continue to focus on scoring.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

The winding down VA tour continued today and played Stonehouse. Been here for three years and would have hated myself if I didn’t play my last Strantz course before I left. Hit it well all day and ended with a 71 for one under. Had a first on the golf course and unfortunately did not have a three wood after hole #5. Managed to break the adapter in the head. Have never seen this in over 40 years of playing golf. Shaft is fine and so is the head, very odd. And for clarity this shaft was built by Titleist for me and it is their adapter. 

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

WITB 2024

Driver:   Qi10 LS 9* GD AD VR 6x

Fairway:  BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* GD AD HD 7x

Fairway:  Sim 19* GD AD MT 7x

Hybrid:  Sim2 Rescue 22* GD AD DI 95x

Irons:  X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:   Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:   Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball:  Z Star Diamond

So, my work is still happening with my Takomo 301MB's with the KBS lite stiff shafts, but I am happy to announce today was very positive.

I played in the Wednesday seniors so all putts have to be holed as there is points, money etc. on the line, good competition.

I hit a good PW on 1 to 12 feet sunk the putt for birdie, hit a solid 6 iron on 5 to 15 feet, good 6 iron to 6 feet for birdie on 11, 6 iron to 15 feet for birdie on 12, pulled 6 iron on 14 a bit but still hole high, blocked 6 iron on 15 into a trap but got up and down...

anyway lots of 6 irons lol, but ended up shooting 2 under 70, my best round since gaming the Takomo's. 

Had a good rythym and I am hopeful I am understanding the shafts a bit better... 

Playing tomorrow so am optimistic..

committed to performance excellence

Jim Shaw, a 70 eh? A fine round and that's a fact!

Mine was crap. Spent the first 7 or 8 holes swinging tooooooooo damn hard and over the 18 holes I had 5 yes 5 miserable 3 putts. I did get two birdies - both on holes that should stand up for skins. My playing partners played poorly as well so no money back in the game. Oh well Friday is another day.

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

7 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

So, my work is still happening with my Takomo 301MB's with the KBS lite stiff shafts, but I am happy to announce today was very positive.

I played in the Wednesday seniors so all putts have to be holed as there is points, money etc. on the line, good competition.

I hit a good PW on 1 to 12 feet sunk the putt for birdie, hit a solid 6 iron on 5 to 15 feet, good 6 iron to 6 feet for birdie on 11, 6 iron to 15 feet for birdie on 12, pulled 6 iron on 14 a bit but still hole high, blocked 6 iron on 15 into a trap but got up and down...

anyway lots of 6 irons lol, but ended up shooting 2 under 70, my best round since gaming the Takomo's. 

Had a good rythym and I am hopeful I am understanding the shafts a bit better... 

Playing tomorrow so am optimistic..

Nice Round!  and yes.... that's a lot of 6 iron shots!

Still dealing with sciatica, and weather has been terrible, so I've resorted to chipping down my hallway with foam rubber practice balls, and doing a -lot- of putting. 

Drained 32 putts in a row from 9 feet on the half-sized hole earlier, so I think I've definitely ironed out any kinks in my putting stroke. Results are skewed somewhat with it being a straight line, and the same shot every time, but when I'm mostly trying to get a consistent motion anyway I think I've nailed it. 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

3 minutes ago, Fongle said:

Still dealing with sciatica, and weather has been terrible, so I've resorted to chipping down my hallway with foam rubber practice balls, and doing a -lot- of putting. 

Drained 32 putts in a row from 9 feet on the half-sized hole earlier, so I think I've definitely ironed out any kinks in my putting stroke. Results are skewed somewhat with it being a straight line, and the same shot every time, but when I'm mostly trying to get a consistent motion anyway I think I've nailed it. 

That's what practice is for.   As @cnosil says quite often, it's always a straight line.  Pick your spot, hit to that spot and the slope does the rest.  

Coming here to vent and I need the therapy session lol

I have been playing very well lately... Over the last year I have went from playing a 6000yd course shooting in the high 90s to 6600yd course shooting low 80s... But last night, I have no clue what happened. Swing felt amazing, mind was in a good spot...but could not score.... Shot a 50 on the front and just had one of the oddest days with how the ball was bouncing and coming off the club. Now, I have a big match with a group of golfers a lot better than I am tomorrow and am at a complete loss as to what to do to get back on track lol. Mentally my confidence is zapped and dreading getting back on the tee box haha Shoot me your good vibes please 😆

:ping-small: G430 LST - Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 XS

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Hybrid 3 & 5 - LA Golf A Series 105 XS

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 5i-AW - :Nippon: 1150 GH XS

:ping-small: - ChipR

:cobra-small: - Black SnakeBite 53 & 57

:scotty-small: - Super Select Golo 6.5

:taylormade-small: TP5x Yellow / :titleist-small: Left Dash / :bridgestone-small:B X / :srixon-small: ZStar 🔹

:Ogio:  

:Arccos:

6 minutes ago, anotherburntsteak said:

Coming here to vent and I need the therapy session lol

I have been playing very well lately... Over the last year I have went from playing a 6000yd course shooting in the high 90s to 6600yd course shooting low 80s... But last night, I have no clue what happened. Swing felt amazing, mind was in a good spot...but could not score.... Shot a 50 on the front and just had one of the oddest days with how the ball was bouncing and coming off the club. Now, I have a big match with a group of golfers a lot better than I am tomorrow and am at a complete loss as to what to do to get back on track lol. Mentally my confidence is zapped and dreading getting back on the tee box haha Shoot me your good vibes please 😆

... Here ya go. Every day is different. While your fundamental ability doesn't change, nuances in your game and swing do. So without blowing smoke up your most offensive orifice, tomorrow is a new day and the chances of going bak to "I have playing really well" is as good as any. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
                  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 20* 7 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

Shot a 92 today with 3 balls OB, 2 in the water, and 4 in the woods.  29 putts sure makes a difference in scoring. lol

Driver Paradym X 9.5

Great Big Bertha fairway woods 3,5,7,9

Great Big Bertha Irons 6-Approach Wedge

Cobra Snakebite Wedges 52 and 56 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

Definitely got away with a bonus day of golf. November in mid Michigan can be brutal. Today not too bad. 48* and a lot of standing water in fairways from yesterdays rain and snow. Nice and sunny but the wind was nasty. Blowing steady at 30 mph WNW gusts of 38.  There were leaves blowing in from the next county over. Even though less than ideal conditions...it was still golf. Yipee! Played 9 and had to keep the ball low from wind and even if it did balloon up, when it landed it stayed in its own mark. No bouncing or run out. Still had a decent round. Shot a 40 even after bogies on 3 out of the last 4 holes. These last four were all directly into the wind. I couldn't predict where those balls were going to go. But all good regardless. Even had one putt that was a triple banker off leaves and just ended short.

MI Fall.jpg

Triple Bank Shot.jpg

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Rough day yesterday.  It didn't warm up like I initially thought it would, wound up being about 53 and a slight breeze.  Kept clubbing up because I neither of us playing could hit our usual distances.  Got out too late to finish 18 so finished up at 47 for 9.  Then left my sunglasses in the cart, hoping they find them today.

Putting went well though, no three putts!

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft