Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Galway Bay Rain Gear - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main post via the links below!

@gingerbeast87 - Main Post 

@Randall Robbins - Main Post 

@ChaosReigns - Main Post 

@Mike10487 - Main Post

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Congratulations on another ACE!

These look like fantastic sets of gear! How is it when you are bending, stooped over,  squatting , etc for comfort?

For me they are just like my normal pga tour pants, they barely ride up or come above my ankles. Kneeling down at first I thought was tight but once I stood up and readjusted and knelt down again it was perfectly comfortable. I do wear a knee brace on a daily basis due to aggressive arthritis in my left knee but it never bothered or hindered the pant leg at all. Overall I’m highly impressed with the quality and fit. 

I’m not the greatest but I’ll always play

33 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

4/19:  Update:   I played a member guest today. I collected my 5th Hole-in-one! (It was with a "white box" Callaway Tour X) I drive to the house and see this nondescript box sitting at the door.  Hello Galway Bay. What a day!!

Unboxing:  This very mundane brown box that doesn't scream steal me off the doorstep. It's nice to not have all the logos smeared all over the box. The neatly folder suit was in individual Ziplock bags. I immediately noticed the lightness of the packages. 10 of 10

First impressions:  Upon opening the bags and eyeballing the suit. My initial thought was " this set reeks of quality". 

The jacket- Super lightweight material was extremely soft and smooth to the touch. The zippers were easy to pull down but felt firm. It's kind of hard to explain but once again the word quality came to mind. The zipper flap had nice Velcro but the way it is stitched, I don't know that it needed it. The stitching was very tight, so tight I had to look very closely to make sure it was actual stitches.  The pants- Once again super lightweight and they look like slacks. I'd have trouble differentiating them out of my dress slacks area of the closet. The fabric stretches nicely and I like that they have the shirt holder rubber lining in the waistband. The only drawback for me is there are only 5 beltloops. Certainly not a deal breaker by any means, but I do prefer 6 to better keep the pants from drooping. 9.5/10

Initial try on-

I'd say the jacket sizes run a bit small. The sizing chart said 2xl. The mid-section is fine, the shoulder area is a little tighter than I thought it should be. Upon zipping the jacket up fully, the zipper really digs into my Adam's apple due to the neck size being a little smaller than a normal 2XL. None of this affected the fabric moving properly throughout a simulated swing. I felt little to no restraint as the jacket seem to stretch in all the right places. Jacket rating 8.5/10       

The pants- Let's call them slacks. I have now been wearing these "slacks" for 3 hours. They are as comfortable as any pair of dress "slacks" I have ever owned. I have not adjusted any areas of my body, which is a constant fight with my Haggar and Izod slacks. I can actually feel the air movement in these. Which is begging for the question of "how the hell did they do this?". If these are even remotely waterproof, this is an absolute homerun! Noise level is not even remotely an issue. I would not hesitate to throw on a dress shirt and go to any 5-star restaurant. If I could give the "slacks" an eleven I would. 10/10

Super impressed so far. I look forward testing these against the elements. With little to no rainfall in the 10-day forecast, we will get creative.  

1000001781.jpg

1000001777.jpg

1000001785.jpg

1000001783.jpg

1000001782.jpg

1000001786.jpg

1000001787.jpg

1000001789.jpg

1000001790.jpg

1000001791.jpg

1000001792.jpg

1000001794.jpg

1000001795.jpg

1000001796.jpg

1000001798.jpg

Congrats on the ACE!!! Let us know how the gear fits and feels when swinging.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

7 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Congratulations on another ACE!

These look like fantastic sets of gear! How is it when you are bending, stooped over,  squatting , etc for comfort?

Thank you!   Seriously comfortable. I wore them until I went to bed. I don't know what kind of witchcraft this is. I could feel the breeze through them when the A/C kicked on. No pinching, no tightness in the crotchial region. More to come.    If these are actually even water resistant, I'd be happy. That will be tested in the coming days.

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

1 hour ago, Mike10487 said:

Thank you!   Seriously comfortable. I wore them until I went to bed. I don't know what kind of witchcraft this is. I could feel the breeze through them when the A/C kicked on. No pinching, no tightness in the crotchial region. More to come.    If these are actually even water resistant, I'd be happy. That will be tested in the coming days.

Haha... dedication!

Thoughts for later on:

When you are on the course or sitting in a cart, I will be curious about water collection areas and permeation to under clothing. Experience from motorcycle rain gear has taught me not all seams are stitched properly ! Especially crotch and collar regions! (#1 issue with rain gear)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 hours ago, Mike10487 said:

4/19:  Update:   I played a member guest today. I collected my 5th Hole-in-one! (It was with a "white box" Callaway Tour X) I drive to the house and see this nondescript box sitting at the door.  Hello Galway Bay. What a day!!

Unboxing:  This very mundane brown box that doesn't scream steal me off the doorstep. It's nice to not have all the logos smeared all over the box. The neatly folder suit was in individual Ziplock bags. I immediately noticed the lightness of the packages. 10 of 10

First impressions:  Upon opening the bags and eyeballing the suit. My initial thought was " this set reeks of quality". 

The jacket- Super lightweight material was extremely soft and smooth to the touch. The zippers were easy to pull down but felt firm. It's kind of hard to explain but once again the word quality came to mind. The zipper flap had nice Velcro but the way it is stitched, I don't know that it needed it. The stitching was very tight, so tight I had to look very closely to make sure it was actual stitches.  The pants- Once again super lightweight and they look like slacks. I'd have trouble differentiating them out of my dress slacks area of the closet. The fabric stretches nicely and I like that they have the shirt holder rubber lining in the waistband. The only drawback for me is there are only 5 beltloops. Certainly not a deal breaker by any means, but I do prefer 6 to better keep the pants from drooping. 9.5/10

Initial try on-

I'd say the jacket sizes run a bit small. The sizing chart said 2xl. The mid-section is fine, the shoulder area is a little tighter than I thought it should be. Upon zipping the jacket up fully, the zipper really digs into my Adam's apple due to the neck size being a little smaller than a normal 2XL. None of this affected the fabric moving properly throughout a simulated swing. I felt little to no restraint as the jacket seem to stretch in all the right places. Jacket rating 8.5/10       

The pants- Let's call them slacks. I have now been wearing these "slacks" for 3 hours. They are as comfortable as any pair of dress "slacks" I have ever owned. I have not adjusted any areas of my body, which is a constant fight with my Haggar and Izod slacks. I can actually feel the air movement in these. Which is begging for the question of "how the hell did they do this?". If these are even remotely waterproof, this is an absolute homerun! Noise level is not even remotely an issue. I would not hesitate to throw on a dress shirt and go to any 5-star restaurant. If I could give the "slacks" an eleven I would. 10/10

Super impressed so far. I look forward testing these against the elements. With little to no rainfall in the 10-day forecast, we will get creative.  

1000001781.jpg

1000001777.jpg

1000001785.jpg

1000001783.jpg

1000001782.jpg

1000001786.jpg

1000001787.jpg

1000001789.jpg

1000001790.jpg

1000001791.jpg

1000001792.jpg

1000001794.jpg

1000001795.jpg

1000001796.jpg

1000001798.jpg

Congrats on the HIO…awesome!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Zero rain out of our last frontal passage. I was ready to pounce on the opportunity. It did drop the temps back nicely, but I would have preferred to test this rain suit out! 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

As my gear is coming from the states to the UK delivery is taking a little longer. Have however just had a text from the Royal Mail that the package has reached the UK. Hopefully will be with me by the end of the week. 

More updates coming soon!!

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

Update: 

so we had a good rainy Sunday and I managed to get to the range after my mandatory overtime and I tell ya this gear held up to its end of the bargain. First it was the light enough yet heavy enough rain that gets ya soaked after a few minutes and it was in the low 50’s, but I stayed dry and warm the entire time and the only thing that suffered was my swing caddie  s200 plus and my iphone..  my back swing sent the swing caddie flying and spinning bouncing off the car path 15 yards behind me and bounced like a rubber ball into the woods and killed the screen, and then I dropped my newish ( I bought it the week it came out) iPhone 15 pro max and watched it bounce and land in the camera side so bye bye camera till my new one gets here this week.
Back to the gear OMG it works perfect, I stayed nice and warm even with the wind and rain with only my normal boxers and a T-shirt on under it and perfectly dry aside from working up a sweat. Now after hitting for about an hour I’m thinking I should have gone with a xl jacket but I love the way the lg fits and it never rode up above my waist with all the swings and the pants worked perfectly, they never rode up when bending down to place a ball and covered over the top of my shoes perfectly. I love the slight opening on the pants cuff because it helped to let a breeze in yet kept my socks mostly dry I say mostly because my shoes were soaked. 
over all for the first rain event I’ve been able to really put some time into with the gear I give it an undeniable 11/10 yes that an 11 out of 10 points with the extra for just being an awesome rain suit. 

my next outing is this weekend at Carolina Colours and while it won’t be rainy I plan to wear the pants anyway to see how they are in a normal condition day and I can already tell they will be amazing regardless. That is all for now spy’s but I’ll keep ya posted 

Sorry about your swing caddie! 

Would you say the staying warm part will be an issue in the hotter months? Are there underlayed vents or flaps you can open and still stay dry from?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

On 4/10/2024 at 5:06 PM, TJ Hall said:

I was thinking about how I would test a rain suit and pictured myself running around outside with my kids spraying me with a hose!

Haha. I did exactly that!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

35 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Sorry about your swing caddie! 

Would you say the staying warm part will be an issue in the hotter months? Are there underlayed vents or flaps you can open and still stay dry from?

Great question and I plan to test that this Saturday. I have a 1pm tee time and it’s supposed to be clear skies and upper 70’s with slight humidity . I won’t be wearing the jacket but will have the pants on and there isn’t any vents or openings other then the slight split at the cuffs , should have my new phone tomorrow so I’ll be able to post pictures. 

Edited by ChaosReigns

On 4/24/2024 at 8:11 AM, gingerbeast87 said:

As my gear is coming from the states to the UK delivery is taking a little longer. Have however just had a text from the Royal Mail that the package has reached the UK. Hopefully will be with me by the end of the week. 

More updates coming soon!!

Any news on the delivery date? I've had ZERO rain or clouds since the suit arrived. The rain is scared! 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

30 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

Any news on the delivery date? I've had ZERO rain or clouds since the suit arrived. The rain is scared! 

Still not here. Had a text from Royal Mail Wednesday to say they had arrived in the UK. Hoping they arrive start of the week as we have some wet weather due this week 

Ryan Gardiner 

Update with photos:

this will be slightly brief due to church.. 

got out to Carolina Colours yesterday and it was sunny and low 70’s with a low breeze but I wore the Galway bay pants to see how they would hold up and feel on a normal day waiting for rain. They did surprisingly good could feel a nice breeze come through them on occasion and the direct sunlight didn’t get them overly hot. In the pictures I’m showing that bending down and fully kneeling down the pant legs never got above my ankles which I love. After 18 holes I was very happy with the fact I didn’t have sweaty legs and the pants still felt great to wear out to dinner with the family ( and I still looked stylish) all in all 10/10

Side note.. That's not a different ball that's a srixon Q star tour divide red/green I just happen to have turned it 

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

Edited by ChaosReigns

2 hours ago, ChaosReigns said:

Update with photos:

this will be slightly brief due to church.. 

got out to Carolina Colours yesterday and it was sunny and low 70’s with a low breeze but I wore the Galway bay pants to see how they would hold up and feel on a normal day waiting for rain. They did surprisingly good could feel a nice breeze come through them on occasion and the direct sunlight didn’t get them overly hot. In the pictures I’m showing that bending down and fully kneeling down the pant legs never got above my ankles which I love. After 18 holes I was very happy with the fact I didn’t have sweaty legs and the pants still felt great to wear out to dinner with the family ( and I still looked stylish) all in all 10/10

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

Thanks!  

I didn't get to play this weekend. Had a fishing tournament and didn't feel well enough to play Sunday morning. I hope to have an update later this week with at minimum a range session. We do have a very slight chance of rain in the forecast. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

I find it peculiar that this is probably one of the few tests where a golfer hopes for rain... 😆 

12 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I find it peculiar that this is probably one of the few tests where a golfer hopes for rain... 😆 

Couldn't agree more 🤣🤣

Ryan Gardiner 

19 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I've been looking forward to it.. This week if it doesn't happen I'm turning on the sprinkler.. On a conspiracy note I think galway bay is controlling the weather with these suits lmao 

3 hours ago, ChaosReigns said:

I've been looking forward to it.. This week if it doesn't happen I'm turning on the sprinkler.. On a conspiracy note I think galway bay is controlling the weather with these suits lmao 

I was thinking the exact same thing! Or the rain is afraid of GB...... 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 9:32 PM, ChaosReigns said:

They are calling for thunderstorms on Wednesday morning this week so I'll be able to get some rain photos finally. And when they say thunderstorm here it's usually just heavy rain. Really looking forward to this!

So we had sprinkles of rain and it lasted minutes at a time seriously a bummer of a day but on a positive note, my new Qi 10 irons will be here Saturday and while I’m overnights till Tuesday morning I do have a tee time set tues afternoon and they are calling for rain. Win win 

they get here Saturday 5 minutes before I have to walk out the door for work lol 

IMG_6523.jpeg

IMG_6524.jpeg

Edited by ChaosReigns

Man is it dry here. Our county was upgraded to severe drought. We are starting to implement water restrictions on irrigation and burn notices are being sent out. We have received less that 1/4" of rain since the Galway Bay suit arrived. It is being described as "popcorn fart kinda dry". I know it's severe when PCF terminology comes out! I might test the before mentioned theory and ship the raingear to a flood ravaged area!

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Excited to see the improv!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Mike10487 said:

Man is it dry here. Our county was upgraded to severe drought. We are starting to implement water restrictions on irrigation and burn notices are being sent out. We have received less that 1/4" of rain since the Galway Bay suit arrived. It is being described as "popcorn fart kinda dry". I know it's severe when PCF terminology comes out! I might test the before mentioned theory and ship the raingear to a flood ravaged area!

Houston area is flooding.. Some areas an excess of 10 inches of rain in a 48 hr. timeframe. There might be a fellow spy that lives in that green part of Texas that could use the gear… Good on you, good on you indeed, for thinking of playing it forward. 

11 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Houston area is flooding.. Some areas an excess of 10 inches of rain in a 48 hr. timeframe. There might be a fellow spy that lives in that green part of Texas that could use the gear… Good on you, good on you indeed, for thinking of playing it forward. 

I say just get up with someone over here that’s getting rain and go on vacation lol

14 hours ago, Mike10487 said:

Sounds like an ideal test for someone living in the UK 🤣

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

You know... the backyard and a sprinkler hanging from the roof might work as impromptu wet testing option...

10 hours ago, ChaosReigns said:

I say just get up with someone over here that’s getting rain and go on vacation lol

I really need a vacation! 30 more days of running wide open and then I can take a break.

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Finally it has happened. It started pouring down rain as soon as I was leaving the mill so I as safe as I could hauled butt home threw in my rain suit and got some pictures, also got a video and will post a link to YouTube if it won’t upload here. 

As for the suit and rain.

This is the 2nd time I have worn it in the rain and have stayed completely dry and comfortable. In the photos I am wearing my work boots due to lack of time to get my golf shoes out of the truck. But the pants fit over my knee brace and work boots like they weren’t even on. I love the feel and quality of the pants and jacket in the rain because in all honesty they feel like normal clothes just water proof. They are light and breathable and just over all great.

points scale:

10/10 . For Quality 

10/10 . For comfort 

10/10 . For fit and mobility

10/10 . for water proof 

10/10 . For over all style 

these are my personal thoughts and feeling on the rain suit in general. Some may have the issue of not being able to golf with a jacket on and trust me I was the same but this suit jacket is like a larger shirt to me, just waterproof 😊. It has mobility and the pockets keep your stuff like phone or gps dry and not overly bulky due to small pockets 

the rain pants are great even on a dry day with rain in the forecast and yet stylish enough to wear out to dinner that night. The front pockets are large enough again to hold phones or Tee’s and a few golf ball, and a glove in the back pocket and or wallet. They move with you easily and don’t ride up when walking or bending down and even kneeling the cuffs stay on your feet. They will breathe easily and allow wind to come through to keep you cool. The direct sunlight didn’t even get them overly hot which is a plus to me. 

im hoping to get on the course soon with the rain forecast and definitely get a video of golf in action with the suit and rain .. till then spy’s, stay dry 

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

Edited by ChaosReigns