Least favorite tour player.......and why

JMAC60

I also agree with TW. Can’t stand him. He’s a great golfer. Everybody knows it. But he’s not even in the tournament and that’s all they wanna talk about Tiger this Tiger that. If he is in the tournament they make him a featured group so you see every shot he takes. He can be 15 shots out of the lead on Sunday and you’ll see every shot he hits. I want to see guys that are in the running. Then if he doesn’t make the cut they want to show his highlights from Thursday and Friday. Then the part I love is he shoots 5 to 10 over par on a given day and he magically withdraws because of the flu or injury. Kind of ironic to me. Maybe it’s the medias fault because they are going to show what’s gonna make money but I just can’t stand him. 

I currently play a stealth2 driver, 3 wood, and 3 hybrid. My irons are P790 (4-aw). 54, 58, and 60 degree vokey wedges and a taylormade putter. 

All the players can be arrogant in their own way. Some are just worse than others. I really don’t like Cantlay. I just don’t like his attitude and slow play. My wife doesn’t like Rory. She says it looks like he has a dildo up his a$$ when he walks. 

Driver: IMG_2112.jpeg  Big Bertha

3 wood:  IMG_2112.jpeg.bcc0af60fa03f3482e49c8c7f3178fae.jpeg XR 

Hybrid  IMG_2112.jpeg.bcc0af60fa03f3482e49c8c7f3178fae.jpeg 3, 4, 5, 7 XR

Irons: IMG_2112.jpeg.bcc0af60fa03f3482e49c8c7f3178fae.jpeg 6-PW XR

Wedges: IMG_2112.jpeg.bcc0af60fa03f3482e49c8c7f3178fae.jpeg 52 Jaws, 56 Mack Daddy 3

Putter: IMG_2113.jpeg.3ed0d3d7658ad042c98ed2611435babb.jpeg  Stroke Lab 7s

Ball: IMG_2112.jpeg.bcc0af60fa03f3482e49c8c7f3178fae.jpeg Chrome Tour

It's a bit of a stretch, but right now I'm so over the coverage of Charlie Woods. He's not even a tour player yet, but I can't stand the kid. 

Just had conversation about how Charlie Woods and Bronnie James are the same. Neither are really that good at their sport, but media won't shut up about either because of their names.

Fore right!!!

There have been some really good points made so far. If I had to choose one, it has to be Rory because he is so whiny. He is still so far ahead of several guys on the LIV tour. The likes of Patrick Reed or even Kevin Na, make me a little thankful I don't have to watch them play weekly. I do miss several guys like Bubba or Harold Varner. Even Bryson has become more likeable in comparison. 

WITB (Lefty)
Driver:   :callaway-small:Rogue w/ Tensei White 65 X Stiff Shaft 

Wood:    :callaway-small: Rogue 3 Wood 15 degree w/ Synergy Blue 60 R Shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: RAZR X 2 Hybrid 18 degree w/ Regular flex stock shaft

Fusion FT 3 Hybrid 20 degree w/ Aldila NVS Stiff

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5-Gap

Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 Chrome 56 degree

RTX 60 degree

Putter:   :scotty-small: Select GOLO

Balls:     :titleist-small: ProV1 or :maxfli: Tour X

18 minutes ago, Woodrow72 said:

The only thing about Phil was at least he was always very generous to every single clubhouse person while TW never tipped any of them , Phil actually had left the property but turned around and went back because he forgot to tip the clubhouse staff -have a personal friend who worked clubhouse at the memorial who told how generous Phil was 

Like I said I wanted to like the guy then he would do dumb stuff - kinda like his master play 🙂   He has a super loyal following.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

Dangerous topic…any pros follow MGS???

Mine would be Sergio, started with the multiple retries before swinging, then his actions before departing the tour reinforced my thoughts on him.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Some time back somebody did an anonymous poll of Tour players, and Phil was among the least liked, if not the most disliked among his peers. Just ask Vijay why he nicknamed him "FIGJAM". Of course, Vijay is possibly my least liked player (granted he's not on the regular Tour anymore). Arrogant, aloof, and massively misogynistic. 

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Wyndham Clark. Between not being in the top 100 a year ago to saying what he did, just a real low class comment. Glad he got his karma for the 54 hole comment by getting cut but it was just hilarious to me that he would say that after his only win this year was an event where they cancelled the final round.

Also, not a player but Brandel Chamblee. I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to that guy talk. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

1 hour ago, billpierce said:

Like I said I wanted to like the guy then he would do dumb stuff - kinda like his master play 🙂   He has a super loyal following.

Well he lost me as a supporter when he ambushed Watson at the Ryder Cup press conference , he should have talked to him publicly before he went off to the media 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

Easy to drag the bottom and say least. I’ll flip it and say my favorite. 

Adam Scott. 

No drama. By all accounts a gentleman. Has withstood the test of time and keeps his private life private. 

Respect. 

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Well my favorite will always be Jack , win or lose with class , the only guy that would play , fly home fir child’s game the fly back and play next day , great father , husband and human 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

Thanks to "Full Swing", it might be a trio: JT, Spieth & Rory. They all seem like entitled twits on that show. Perhaps it's reality TV and editing, but Full Swing didn't do them or Zach Johnson any favors. Of course Zach's outbursts with fans on the course since the Ryder Cup haven't helped his reputation much either.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

5 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

Got to be Scottie. I can’t bring myself to root for him for some reason. Great golfer, just not a fan. That is until it’s time for the Ryder Cup. Then I’ll root for him. But PGA events, I just hope he loses. 

I certainly don't dislike Scottie, and I'm a HUGE Ted Scott (his caddie) fan, but man Scottie does have the public personality of a wet sock. Wow. Most likely a brilliant move on his (and his teams' part...)

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Hard to argue with Mickelson, but I think Patrick Reed has him beat.  He is the worst.

A quasi cheater, has zero respect for his family, hated by other players, and tries to sue anyone who says anything negative about him.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

2 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

I certainly don't dislike Scottie, and I'm a HUGE Ted Scott (his caddie) fan, but man Scottie does have the public personality of a wet sock. Wow. Most likely a brilliant move on his (and his teams' part...)

His public personality seems much like Nicklaus' in his playing days.  I like it.  Palmer's fans couldn't stand him, which leads me to an observation.  Some people like to watch players with, shall we say, enthusiastic personalities.  Those people generally don't like the quiet ones.  To the original question, Sergio Garcia is my least favorite by a mile.  When he was young, I gave him a pass thinking he would mature.  He didn't.  I don't follow LIV and am very glad Garcia is playing there.

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

They all play a niche sport that, at the best of times, gets a TV rating a fraction of mainstream sports. Hell, The Masters got less of a TV rating than NASCAR got. The fact these guys think they deserve more money makes them all delusional. These days, I watch far more LPGA and YouTube golf than any other form of golf. But I play golf far more often than I watch golf. Eliminate the Senior Tour. Pump more money into LPGA, KFT and other developmental Tours. Put LPGA on TV more. Cut PGA Tour purses. Those pampered f**ks are overpaid anyway. 

Can I vote for all of them? 

Patrick Cantlay, he is slow but wait til you see him in person! My God , he looks  like he is dragging his feet on purpose while walking and just a nonchalant attitude about anything in life . 

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

I am always interested to see the new and upcoming golfers, and all of the "old" guys that may have a 3 for the first digit in their age......

As far as people I would like to watch the least has to be Patrick Cantlay.  His golf is great, but to me he seems to have the personality of a chair.  I like to see guys get excited, play hard, loose hard and then stick around to sign autographs (AKA RICKY!!!).  Cantlay seems so introverted and quite boring.  I sure he's a great guy, but if he's in the featured group, I'm changing channels.  

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

2 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

His public personality seems much like Nicklaus' in his playing days.  I like it.  Palmer's fans couldn't stand him, which leads me to an observation.  Some people like to watch players with, shall we say, enthusiastic personalities.  Those people generally don't like the quiet ones.  To the original question, Sergio Garcia is my least favorite by a mile.  When he was young, I gave him a pass thinking he would mature.  He didn't.  I don't follow LIV and am very glad Garcia is playing there.

Sergio is probably one of my least favorites too only behind Patrick Cantlay. Speaking of the LIV, there is nothing that they do that remotely interest me into watching any of their tournaments. I mean seriously none of their golf is noteworthy and nothing to look forward to as a major or a players championship. It honestly looks boring and I think Greg Norman doesn’t bring anything of value to it either . 

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

7 hours ago, DaddyManX said:

I also agree with TW. Can’t stand him. He’s a great golfer. Everybody knows it. But he’s not even in the tournament and that’s all they wanna talk about Tiger this Tiger that. If he is in the tournament they make him a featured group so you see every shot he takes. He can be 15 shots out of the lead on Sunday and you’ll see every shot he hits. I want to see guys that are in the running. Then if he doesn’t make the cut they want to show his highlights from Thursday and Friday. Then the part I love is he shoots 5 to 10 over par on a given day and he magically withdraws because of the flu or injury. Kind of ironic to me. Maybe it’s the medias fault because they are going to show what’s gonna make money but I just can’t stand him. 

I agree if he is not in contention treat him like all the others that are at +5 on Friday too , because no one really gives a s*** about what he is doing at that point . 

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

4 hours ago, KC Golf said:

Hard to argue with Mickelson, but I think Patrick Reed has him beat.  He is the worst.

A quasi cheater, has zero respect for his family, hated by other players, and tries to sue anyone who says anything negative about him.

I'm not a Reed fan, but I do get tired of the whole cheating thing. If people believe that earlier golfers before cameras didn't do more they are crazy. And I really have never seen him do much. It's mostly a lot of whining by losers and bad reporters

9 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

The only thing about Phil was at least he was always very generous to every single clubhouse person while TW never tipped any of them , Phil actually had left the property but turned around and went back because he forgot to tip the clubhouse staff -have a personal friend who worked clubhouse at the memorial who told how generous Phil was 

Not only is Phil generous with staff, he's generous with other players.  He had 2 or 3 players at his house for the weekend, prior to 2nd Stage K-F Qualifying the end of last year, to help tune them up.  One was a friend of mine and Phil spent hours working with him, in the pouring rain.  Nothing in it for Phil, just being a good guy.

If we are including the liv golfers, I would have to say Rahm. I like his cockiness, I feel when I read about him he’s very arrogant and self centered, feels like to me it’s all about me when it comes to him. 

I'll also have to go with Patrick Cantlay.

I saw how slow he was with his body & swing setup (someone timed him at 2min 50sec to play 1 x shot), and in general it makes golf become a very frustrating.

Add to it the whole furore at this past Ryder Cup, it adds a bitter taste to my mouth when the sporting channels shows him...

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - PW

Wedges: :ping-small: S159 - 50deg, 54deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

2024 Tester - :ping-small: S159 wedges. See my review here:

18 hours ago, Jake Fairbanks said:

Wyndham Clark, and it's not that close. I can't stand his arrogance. "They only play 54 holes, so I can catch up." He has clearly been caught cheating with no repercussions. I hate how much his Caddie helps on the green.

Jake, I agree 100%. Every time he opens his mouth, he tells everyone how great he is. You need to win a whole lot more before you elevate yourself to the level he has. And yes, Wyn"dumb" and his caddy look like two clowns on the green!

Willie T (Gospel.n.Golf)

Callaway Epic Max LS Driver 

TaylorMade Stealth 3HL Wood 16.5°

Callaway Super Hybrid 20°

Callaway Epic 4h/5h Super Hybrids

Callaway Epic E19 (6-AW) Forged Irons

Callaway Jaws Raw 54° Wedge

Bettinardi HLX3.0 58° Wedge

Evnroll ER7v Mallet Putter

Wow did anyone else see on yesterday Korn Ferry Tour Franklin Capan posting a 13 under on day one wow. That’s crazy.

Law enforcement officer that loves to play golf at any course I can. When I travel my clubs are always with me.

16 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

Well my favorite will always be Jack , win or lose with class , the only guy that would play , fly home fir child’s game the fly back and play next day , great father , husband and human 

You should talk to some of the rules officials or Tour admin people from Jack's time. They're far from complimentary. 

Moose, my cat, is Siamese