Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Vice Golf Balls - 2024 Forum Review

1 hour ago, Lefty11 said:

@Green4Spinach what would be your favourite attribute of the Vice drive?  I would have loved to receive a sleeve of another Vice ball just to analyze the differences.  

Hi @Lefty11 I equalled my lowest 9 hole score using the Vice Drive, even though I felt I left some scoring opportunities out on the course. Surely that's got to be the best attribute of the Drive I can point to. I completely agree that getting a different ball as a comparator would have been a really good move, especially as the Pro Air is another Vice ball that aligns with my slower swing speed. For all i know, the Pro Air would give me the short game and putting feel that I have yet to find with the Drive.

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

50 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Are any of the testers sub 90 swing speeds?  Curious how these work and feel in this category. It's hard for me to find a ball that works well on driver and stopping power on the green.

@Rob Personn  I'm not sure of my swing speed, but why don't you try the Vice Pro Air?  I've gained a few yards by using this ball.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Thank you @Green4Spinach.

I absolutely loved the way the Bridgestone RX played off the tee, and fairways,  but it lacked stopping power on the green.  The XS model was too spinny off the tee, but was fantastic on the green. The more balls I personally test, the harder it is to find a do it all ball.  The previous model Callaway CS TT was excellent for me in so many ways.  The issue is that as I progress in growing my game, so do the required  characteristics of the ball.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 minutes ago, Green4Spinach said:

Hi @Lefty11 I equalled my lowest 9 hole score using the Vice Drive, even though I felt I left some scoring opportunities out on the course. Surely that's got to be the best attribute of the Drive I can point to. I completely agree that getting a different ball as a comparator would have been a really good move, especially as the Pro Air is another Vice ball that aligns with my slower swing speed. For all i know, the Pro Air would give me the short game and putting feel that I have yet to find with the Drive.

@Green4Spinach  I read that the Vice Pro Air has taken the place of the old Vice Soft.   Maybe this ball will be the better choice for you.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

1 minute ago, Lefty11 said:

@Rob Personn  I'm not sure of my swing speed, but why don't you try the Vice Pro Air?  I've gained a few yards by using this ball.

Missed your reply while typing mine above. I'm open to try any ball out there, and almost have up until the 2024 releases. I may give them a go at some point.  I have access to sleeves of all the TM balls at work, for about 7 bucks each. TM has cover durability issues though from what I've seen all around.

It seems that it's a never ending search for the perfect ball.  😆 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

6 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Missed your reply while typing mine above. I'm open to try any ball out there, and almost have up until the 2024 releases. I may give them a go at some point.  I have access to sleeves of all the TM balls at work, for about 7 bucks each. TM has cover durability issues though from what I've seen all around.

It seems that it's a never ending search for the perfect ball.  😆 

I agree!  The search for the perfect balls never ends.  They sell Vice in retail stores in the US but not here in Canada.  I'd say give (Vice Air) it a try as you may be pleasantly surprised! 

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

20 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Rob, I'm a low to mid 80's SS and can confirm that these golf balls live up to their marketing info. I was introduced to them a couple of years back when my son gave me a couple of doz. Pro Plus for Christmas. The Pro Plus worked better than my Maxfli, Snell MTB and the occasional Prov V1. At the time Vice compared flight characteristics of the Pro Plus to the Pro V1X and the Pro to the Pro V1. Between the Pro V1X and the Pro V1, I preferred the flight characteristics of the latter, so I switched from the Pro Plus to the Pro and it worked well for me. Jump ahead a couple of years to April 2024 and the introduction of Vice's latest models, I ordered a 5 doz Pro but also dropped 2 doz Pro Air into the order. I'm almost done with the Air (note I generally play 4X week), and I can confirm my preference for the Pro. I'm not getting the distance out of the Pro Air and don't like the short game characteristics.  My recommendation is to try a doz Pro Plus and compare them to a doz. Pro. The price is a bit steeper buying them at big box sores $38/doz but you should be able to determine which works best before you order larger quantities through Vice. Although keep in mind that the big box stores like Walmart are selling the older version at the $38. price. 

A couple of additional notes:

I'm shortsighted and do wear (prescription) sunglasses glasses for distance and can always follow the Neon Green vs. my golfing partners white or yellow balls. My wife likes the speckled ones (each to their own I guess) but she generally only hits her drives about 150 yds.  

Get on Vice's mail list as they run on occasion either a free shipping or a free extra doz purchase. 

Good to know!  Thanks for the insights!!!

I love these ball tests because of the real-world results. I don't mind sacrificing a minimal bit of distance for accuracy,  but I also want stopping power on the green.

WITB-

25 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thank you @Green4Spinach.

I absolutely loved the way the Bridgestone RX played off the tee, and fairways,  but it lacked stopping power on the green.  The XS model was too spinny off the tee, but was fantastic on the green. The more balls I personally test, the harder it is to find a do it all ball.  The previous model Callaway CS TT was excellent for me in so many ways.  The issue is that as I progress in growing my game, so do the required  characteristics of the ball.

My son, whose swing speed is higher than mine - what is it about being 24 that always swings faster than the 61 year old? - swears by his ProV1, describing the Titleist ball as the 15th club in his bag. As I started out with my golfing career, I was tempted to follow suit with my son's ball choice. But my shot making was so poor and unreliable that the ball was not the issue. Plus I was losing so many it felt such a waste of money to be splurging on the Titleist. So I chose the Mizuno RB566 as a good value ball that promised extra hang time, just what the doctor ordered for this particular patient. As my golf improved, I have not been tempted to change my ball. According to Shot Scope, my short game is about seven better than a typical 25 handicap on the Strokes Gained metric. Perhaps the Mizuno plays a key role in that.

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

@Green4Spinach

If short game feel is what you're looking for, the Vice Air Pro is where it's at.  It took me a few holes to adjust to putting with the Vice Air since I'm used to a firmer ball, but it wasn't a deal breaker.  You can tell it's a bit softer off the flat stick.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Good to know!  Thanks for the insights!!!

I love these ball tests because of the real-world results. I don't mind sacrificing a minimal bit of distance for accuracy,  but I also want stopping power on the green.

My personal experience is that Vice could call both the Pro Plus and the Pro "hop and stop"😎

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

My personal experience is that Vice could call both the Pro Plus and the Pro "hop and stop"😎

Same goes for the Vice Pro Air!  😀

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

Great stuff guys, I think I am going to pull the trigger on a couple of the different balls and see how they play. I still have a full box of Pro Drips (previous model) that I have only used once that played well. I look forward to trying out the new models after the reviews thus far. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

11 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Great stuff guys, I think I am going to pull the trigger on a couple of the different balls and see how they play. I still have a full box of Pro Drips (previous model) that I have only used once that played well. I look forward to trying out the new models after the reviews thus far. 

@Michael.Sandoval33

Keep us updated on what balls you purchase. I’d like to know your thoughts as well. 

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

4 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

@Michael.Sandoval33

Keep us updated on what balls you purchase. I’d like to know your thoughts as well. 

I will for sure let you guys know. I am leaning Airs and the Pros. But also might pick up a box of the Tours. Or maybe the pro plus 🤔

Your guy's reviews so far really got me wanting to try them all 😂

WITB

2 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I will for sure let you guys know. I am leaning Airs and the Pros. But also might pick up a box of the Tours. Or maybe the pro plus 🤔

@Michael.Sandoval33

I'm glad I could help twist your arm!  😆 In all seriousness, The Vice Pro Air has been performing quite well for me.  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

31 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

@Michael.Sandoval33

I'm glad I could help twist your arm!  😆 In all seriousness, The Vice Pro Air has been performing quite well for me.  

This may be the next ball I try down the road a bit!

WITB-

56 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

This may be the next ball I try down the road a bit!

@Rob Person

Let me know how it goes! 😀

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

4 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

@Michael.Sandoval33 what ball do you play as your favorite right now?

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

17 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

@Michael.Sandoval33 what ball do you play as your favorite right now?

A couple of different balls. Either the Odin X1 or the Maxfli Tour X. 

WITB

8 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I play the Maxfli a lot.. if u like the X over the tour ur prolly a long ball player with a pretty fast swing speed.. I would start with the pro plus for comfort and workability.. To me the pro is a little softer than the Maxfli X, more like the tour, which is what I like with a little more green side bite and a great price point! Think I would like the Air too but again, my swing speed is prolly slower than urs 

28 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Vice is definitely worth a shot though! I've handed a couple sleeves out to local ppl bc I can't believe this ball plays this good for this price!

32 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Vice is definitely worth a shot though! I've handed a couple sleeves out to local ppl bc I can't believe this ball plays this good for this price!

I have to agree, @Bubba1985!  The price of premium balls here is outrageous - well over $70 per box.  I hope Vice becomes available in retail stores here in Canada soon!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

4 hours ago, Mulligan09 said:

Ice online has Drives for $14.99 dozen

Vice Online

At $14.99 a dozen that’s a great deal. Five dozen cost the same as a dozen of the competitors’ top balls.  Well played Vice! 👏

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

26 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

At $14.99 a dozen that’s a great deal. Five dozen cost the same as a dozen of the competitors’ top balls.  Well played Vice! 👏

100% agree but u have to compare it to a supersoft or srixon soft feel that are $20 and buy 2 get 1 free all the time.. That's why I'm waiting on final review before I buy a few dozen bc I like to play a soft ball from time to time

4 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

100% agree but u have to compare it to a supersoft or srixon soft feel that are $20 and buy 2 get 1 free all the time.. That's why I'm waiting on final review before I buy a few dozen bc I like to play a soft ball from time to time

The drive is a 2 piece suralyn cover. I looked them over and they are very honest about the balls attributes. Kudos to them!

They were open about the ball rollimg.out further on the green

WITB-

22 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

The drive is a 2 piece suralyn cover. I looked them over and they are very honest about the balls attributes. Kudos to them!

They were open about the ball rollimg.out further on the green

Interesting, knew it was 2 piece, didn't realize it was surlyn.. I'm assuming for durability reasons.. so would that still make the ball firm with a lower compression?

6 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Interesting, knew it was 2 piece, didn't realize it was surlyn.. I'm assuming for durability reasons.. so would that still make the ball firm with a lower compression?

Said exactly that. Firmer durable cover, 95 compression , for slow to medium swing speed 

WITB-