Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Golf shoes questions?

Bought my first pair ever this Spring, Adidas Code Chaos 22. Really stable, great traction. Comfort is on and they are very very water proof. Played in soaker on Memorial Day and feet were only dry spot on me.

with that being said, these puppies do not breath at all and with temps heating up I’ve got some hot ass sweaty miserable feet by hole 4-5 and it’s definitely taking some of the fun out of it.

Does anyone here rock different shoes based on time of year or elements?

if so, what’s a good, breathable spikeless option that still is stable with good traction?

TIA

On 6/6/2024 at 5:23 AM, Dl_harmsen said:

Bought my first pair ever this Spring, Adidas Code Chaos 22. Really stable, great traction. Comfort is on and they are very very water proof. Played in soaker on Memorial Day and feet were only dry spot on me.

with that being said, these puppies do not breath at all and with temps heating up I’ve got some hot ass sweaty miserable feet by hole 4-5 and it’s definitely taking some of the fun out of it.

if so, what’s a good, breathable spikeless option that still is stable with good traction?

TIA

I'm using the FootJoy Fuel shoes and found they are perfect for the hot days. Here in SA, in the summer, temperatures easily gets +30°C (+86°F). I have found they are very breathable and super comfortable. Works great for me 

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: AD 333

Completed testsShot Scope V5

Yes, I play year round, and, I have shoes/boots (Adidas S2G mid-cuts) for soggy rounds. Adidas ZG23, and, Ecco Biom 3 Hybrid GTX for "what use to be my normal rounds - morning". Recently, I have started to play more golf in the afternoon, I have bought a pair of Adidas Solarmotion - spikeless and breathable?, but, Juneuary has set in, so, I haven't worn them on the golf course, yet. 

I have more Adidas stuff, mostly, because, I can find good deals on Adidas stuff on ebay. 

On the Oregon Coast we get soggy winter/spring G/Fore Gallivanter and in the summer True Linkwear  All Day Knit 3.  

Titleist TSR2 10 degree with Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Super Hybrid 2H VA Slay 85 Stiff

Callaway Super Hybrid 3H 

Srixon ZX 23* -4 driving iron - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Srixon MKII ZX5 (5-A) - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Bettinardi (54, 58)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S

On 6/5/2024 at 9:23 PM, Dl_harmsen said:

TIA

That's interesting because I have the same shoes (a couple pairs of them) and I haven't notice them getting excessively hot at all. I've never been one who's feet get sweaty but if these shoes caused additional heat I think I would've noticed. I do make a point to wear moisture wicking socks so maybe that has something to do with it.

default_callaway-small.jpg.8db5efa44231b3e5cd6fc5deb94644e4.jpgCallaway Rogue ST Max D driver

default_callaway-small.jpg.8db5efa44231b3e5cd6fc5deb94644e4.jpgCallaway Paradym X 3 wood

default_callaway-small.jpg.8db5efa44231b3e5cd6fc5deb94644e4.jpgCallaway Rogue ST Max D 5 wood

default_callaway-small.jpg.8db5efa44231b3e5cd6fc5deb94644e4.jpgCallaway Rogue 7 wood

default_callaway-small.jpg.8db5efa44231b3e5cd6fc5deb94644e4.jpgCallaway Rogue 11 wood

default_callaway-small.jpg.8db5efa44231b3e5cd6fc5deb94644e4.jpgCallaway Rogue ST Max OS Lite 6-AW

default_taylormade-small.jpg.b0f650a8eb8b3219e3f783d396bd8458.jpgTaylorMade MG3 wedges (52, 56)

default_cameron-small.gif.9b09797f71363f07049fccfe79b6b243.gifScotty Cameron Select Roundback

default_volvik-small.jpg.4484ce7bf19bc5b085f2fdccba75cde9.jpgVolvik Vivid balls

default_srixon-small.jpg.bf3ca25d7610490303deb7f6cdf80802.jpgSrixon Q-Star Divide balls

I'm a squairz fan,  they have a few models, light, water resistance etc,

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I'm in Texas and we are already seeing 100* weather.  I have liked my New Balance and also my FootJoy Contour

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

11 hours ago, schooner44 said:

That's interesting because I have the same shoes (a couple pairs of them) and I haven't notice them getting excessively hot at all. I've never been one who's feet get sweaty but if these shoes caused additional heat I think I would've noticed. I do make a point to wear moisture wicking socks so maybe that has something to do with it.

Same here. It's been pretty hot and humid in Florida since late April and never had an issue with my 3 pairs of code chaos 22 shoes. I do wear Bombas golf (no show) socks and that's the driest part of my body after 18. 

@Dl_harmsen you might want to try a different pair of socks - a less expensive alternative to new shoes. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I try to wear mesh like breathable shoes in hot days and leather shoes in cold or wet days.  I actually try to rotate various pairs to dry them out.  They seem to last longer that way.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Same here. It's been pretty hot and humid in Florida since late April and never had an issue with my 3 pairs of code chaos 22 shoes. I do wear Bombas golf (no show) socks and that's the driest part of my body after 18. 

@Dl_harmsen you might want to try a different pair of socks - a less expensive alternative to new shoes. 

100%. I wear Nike breathable no show socks with my shoes, which are both pretty water tight (they need to be based on a few courses I play a lot) and I don't have many problems hot/sweaty feet at all.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

Like others are saying, mesh spikeless shoes on hot dry days and full waterproof shoes on rainy days. I have Puma's that are fully waterproof and they don't breathe as well as my Payntr's, but zero water gets in. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: 2023 ProV1x / 2024 Vice Pro Plus

On 6/13/2024 at 4:54 AM, McGolf said:

I'm a squairz fan,  they have a few models, light, water resistance etc,

I, too, am a big Sqairz fan, now owning multiple pairs. They are the only golf shoes I wear as the traction is outstanding, and they help with my balance and stability. I just wore, for the first time yesterday, my new pair of ProS2 shoes, and they are much lighter than the original Sqairz shoes and were very comfortable. I did not notice them being "hot" at all.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset