4 replies to this topic

#1 TBone

TBone

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

I've got a few Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum headcovers and the red color has started to fade from the sun. I want to recolor the threads back to red, or some other color.

Anyways, I've seen some headcovers on ebay that appeared to have the threads recolored, it looks like, but they were studio selct headcovers.

I'm just wondering if anyone has recolored the threads on a headcover and of so how,

Thanks,

#2 formula02

formula02

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Handicap:12

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

I have done studio select covers, but only the older ones can be done as Scotty used a nonfade thread for the new ones. But basically get a bleach pen and cover the threads with the bleach and let it bleach the thread till its white and then get a pack of colored sharpies and go to town. They can come out pretty good if done right. You just have to be careful not to get the sharpie on the rest of the headcover. Hope that helps.

#3 Matt Saternus

Matt Saternus

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:15 AM

I colored an R9 cover blue by bleaching out the yellow and using sharpie to turn it blue. It's just like doing a paintfill: it comes down to patience and being careful, but it's far from complicated.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

#4 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,894 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

Bleach in a needle tipped bottle and a hair dryer are primary tools. The best method is to spray the dots, let them start to fade, blot them with a paper towel and then dry them with a hair dryer and repeat. You don't want to leave them soaked in bleach as it'll eventually start to eat/fuse the threads. That's why you let the color start to run, blot the color off/dry it then use a hair dryer to get it completely dry.

If you're has started to fade, you can redo it. His newer covers, he used a UV thread, which won't fade at all. If it's fading, you're in luck, it's the older HC and you can redo it.

Once you've got the color off, simply color it with the sharpie in a color of your choosing and you're done.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue Superfast 2.0 LCG w/ USPG Black Ops Pearl X 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#5 gkatshoots69

gkatshoots69

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationCorning, NY
  • Handicap:3.2

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I color all my white threads on every headcover I get with Sharpie Markers, usually try to match them with the color of my paint fill which I do myself too. Over time they seem to fade out but a quick touch up takes care of that.
  • Ping i25 11* w/Ping Tour X flex
  • Callaway Razr Fit 3 Wood w/stock (S)
  • Taylormade 300 Forged 2 Iron w/ProjectX 6.0
  • Taylormade Rbz Tour Stage2 3 Iron Hybrid w/stock (S)
  • Callaway Razr TourX 4 Iron Callaway
  • Callaway X-Forged 5-PW w/True Temper Tour Concept X1
  • Cleveland 588 Forged Wedges 52* & 56* w/stock
  • Odyssey Black Series #3 w/Pure Putter Grip
  • Taylormade Lethal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates