Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Coloring a Headcover ?

TBone

I've got a few Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum headcovers and the red color has started to fade from the sun. I want to recolor the threads back to red, or some other color.

Anyways, I've seen some headcovers on ebay that appeared to have the threads recolored, it looks like, but they were studio selct headcovers.

I'm just wondering if anyone has recolored the threads on a headcover and of so how,

Thanks,

I have done studio select covers, but only the older ones can be done as Scotty used a nonfade thread for the new ones. But basically get a bleach pen and cover the threads with the bleach and let it bleach the thread till its white and then get a pack of colored sharpies and go to town. They can come out pretty good if done right. You just have to be careful not to get the sharpie on the rest of the headcover. Hope that helps.

Bleach in a needle tipped bottle and a hair dryer are primary tools. The best method is to spray the dots, let them start to fade, blot them with a paper towel and then dry them with a hair dryer and repeat. You don't want to leave them soaked in bleach as it'll eventually start to eat/fuse the threads. That's why you let the color start to run, blot the color off/dry it then use a hair dryer to get it completely dry.

If you're has started to fade, you can redo it. His newer covers, he used a UV thread, which won't fade at all. If it's fading, you're in luck, it's the older HC and you can redo it.

Once you've got the color off, simply color it with the sharpie in a color of your choosing and you're done.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 4 months later...

I color all my white threads on every headcover I get with Sharpie Markers, usually try to match them with the color of my paint fill which I do myself too. Over time they seem to fade out but a quick touch up takes care of that.

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

Archived