College Football

fozcycle

I was rooting for Auburn all the way. I may be wrong but i just don't like Bama. It seems their schedule is “stacked” in their favor.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Easy to say this in hindsight but looking back before the season, Alabama looked to have one of the toughest schedules in the country. #2 ranked SOS preseason iirc. So I wouldn't say its "stacked" in their favor. It just played out like that. There were alot of teams on the schedule that should've been much better than they were. But that's how it plays out sometimes. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Easy to say this in hindsight but looking back before the season, Alabama looked to have one of the toughest schedules in the country. #2 ranked SOS preseason iirc. So I wouldn't say its "stacked" in their favor. It just played out like that. There were alot of teams on the schedule that should've been much better than they were. But that's how it plays out sometimes.

I really haven't followed College ball all that closely for years. I just had that perception.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

But what about the teams that lose to cupcakes? OSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Clemson, etc...

Bama has more wins vs top 25 than Wisconsin (3-1) and more wins vs teams with .500 or better record. And sure, losses show character. Like losing to a top ranked team on the road.

Not by getting blown out by 31 vs a 6-5 Iowa team or losing at home by 15 to Oklahoma.

If this is truly about getting the best teams in the playoffs then it has to be Bama over OSU. Who would you pick in that game? Because Vegas would take Bama.

(Obviously it should go without saying, but if the top 4 win then they are in. Include #6 Georgia in that.)

I'm going to be completely honest here. I HATE tOSU. They argued about them not winning the BIG10 and getting in over PSU last year which I thought was wrong. If you have 4 conference champions with 2 losses or less they should all be in over a one loss team without a championship.

The playoff system sucks really bad, yes there should be a few wild card spots. But if you include 4 conferences, you are getting almost the entire country represented.

My case here would be if Georgia/Auburn gets in we don't need another SEC team. We already had that with BCS. The Bama vs LSU / Bama vs LSU. However, if Oklahoma loses... Bama could have a chance...

1. Clemson/Miami

2. Auburn/Georgia

3. Wisco/OSU

4. USC/Bama

This is if Oklahoma loses.

Yes, I'd put the PAC12 champ in over Bama. The committee messed up last year, and is why there needs to be at least 8 teams. Conference Champ should hold a lot of weight

Sent from No Mans Land....

But what about the teams that lose to cupcakes? OSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Clemson, etc...

Bama has more wins vs top 25 than Wisconsin (3-1) and more wins vs teams with .500 or better record. And sure, losses show character. Like losing to a top ranked team on the road.

Not by getting blown out by 31 vs a 6-5 Iowa team or losing at home by 15 to Oklahoma.

If this is truly about getting the best teams in the playoffs then it has to be Bama over OSU. Who would you pick in that game? Because Vegas would take Bama.

(Obviously it should go without saying, but if the top 4 win then they are in. Include #6 Georgia in that.)

Alabamas schedule was the weakest of any of the top teams, including Wisconsin, who is still undefeated by the way. Alabama played 3 ranked teams, and 2 of those have 3 losses, the other has 2 losses, and they went 2-1 against those teams, tell me again how great they are. The best scenario for this weekend for me is for Oklahoma, Wisconsin to win, the other 2 don't matter, the winner is in, and the loser is out, if those 2 teams win, Alabama is out. Which makes 90% of college football fans happy.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Alabamas schedule was the weakest of any of the top teams, including Wisconsin, who is still undefeated by the way. Alabama played 3 ranked teams, and 2 of those have 3 losses, the other has 2 losses, and they went 2-1 against those teams, tell me again how great they are. The best scenario for this weekend for me is for Oklahoma, Wisconsin to win, the other 2 don't matter, the winner is in, and the loser is out, if those 2 teams win, Alabama is out. Which makes 90% of college football fans happy.

So your real argument is that people don't like Bama and that's why they shouldn't be in. lol

Wisconsin has not played a better schedule. Their only top 25 win is Northwestern. If they beats OSU then sure they are in. I'm not arguing that. But Bama should get in over OSU if they beat Wisc. Same if TCU beat Oklahoma. We want the best 4 teams in the country in the playoffs.

As earlier noted. Top 4+ Georgia are 100% in if they win. IF

Also, Bama has played 4 ranked teams, and is 3-1 vs these teams. Check some sources people. 

I'm going to be completely honest here. I HATE tOSU. They argued about them not winning the BIG10 and getting in over PSU last year which I thought was wrong. If you have 4 conference champions with 2 losses or less they should all be in over a one loss team without a championship.

The playoff system sucks really bad, yes there should be a few wild card spots. But if you include 4 conferences, you are getting almost the entire country represented.

My case here would be if Georgia/Auburn gets in we don't need another SEC team. We already had that with BCS. The Bama vs LSU / Bama vs LSU. However, if Oklahoma loses... Bama could have a chance...

1. Clemson/Miami

2. Auburn/Georgia

3. Wisco/OSU

4. USC/Bama

This is if Oklahoma loses.

Yes, I'd put the PAC12 champ in over Bama. The committee messed up last year, and is why there needs to be at least 8 teams. Conference Champ should hold a lot of weight

No.... Bama and LSU were 100% the best 2 teams in the country that year. It was easy to see. 

And only conference champs makes ZERO sense. We want the best teams in the country. No shot that TCU, USC or OSU is in the top 4 teams in the country if they win their conferences. Sure you could do it that way if you have a 16 team playoff but not a 4 or even 8 team. 

Best 4 teams. That's what we are looking for. That is all. So, IF OSU beats Wisc then Bama is in. IF TCU beat Okla then Bama is in. 

The wildcard here is if Miami beats Clemson. I'm not sure what they would do in that scenario. Yes, they have better wins but that glaring loss to 4win Pitt is an eyesore. I'd call it a coin flip there. 

No.... Bama and LSU were 100% the best 2 teams in the country that year. It was easy to see.

And only conference champs makes ZERO sense. We want the best teams in the country. No shot that TCU, USC or OSU is in the top 4 teams in the country if they win their conferences. Sure you could do it that way if you have a 16 team playoff but not a 4 or even 8 team.

Best 4 teams. That's what we are looking for. That is all. So, IF OSU beats Wisc then Bama is in. IF TCU beat Okla then Bama is in.

The wildcard here is if Miami beats Clemson. I'm not sure what they would do in that scenario. Yes, they have better wins but that glaring loss to 4win Pitt is an eyesore. I'd call it a coin flip there.

Wrong. On everything you said. That's the problem. Why have conference champs?

Why even have conferences then? An extra game to lose.

Tradition and $$$. And it gives your resume a boost for tie breakers and quality wins. Look at the Big 12 the last couple of years. They missed out bc of a lack of a conference champ game. 

The irony would be if they missed out this year bc their team that was in (Oklahoma) would lose to TCU and get knocked out. lmao

Wrong. On everything you said. That's the problem. Why have conference champs?

Please explain why I am so wrong. I'd love some enlightenment. 

Yeah, my apologies. I was typing hit send before I wanted to. Drove out of service. Give me a bit.

All good bud. Take your time. 

So your real argument is that people don't like Bama and that's why they shouldn't be in. lol

Wisconsin has not played a better schedule. Their only top 25 win is Northwestern. If they beats OSU then sure they are in. I'm not arguing that. But Bama should get in over OSU if they beat Wisc. Same if TCU beat Oklahoma. We want the best 4 teams in the country in the playoffs.

As earlier noted. Top 4+ Georgia are 100% in if they win. IF

Also, Bama has played 4 ranked teams, and is 3-1 vs these teams. Check some sources people.

I did say, for ME, the best scenario is for Oklahoma and Wisconsin to win, because that eliminates Alabama. You are correct, I think that it either of those 2 teams lose, then Alabama gets in. The winners of the other 2 conf. Championship games will get in as well. And yes I think people are tired of seeing Alabama, they played a very weak schedule, (not their fault in some cases), but at the end of the day it was weak, and the 4th ranked team I didn't mention has 6 losses this season, it doesn't really count as a ranked team.

Lived in CT for 65 years an was a UCONN fan. Their football program is let's say not very good. Now that I live in FL kinda in limbo. So for this week sure go Georgia Dawgs. Next year maybe USF or UCF.

You da man Rick!    Hopefully we won't let ya down this weekend  ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

You da man Rick! Hopefully we won't let ya down this weekend ;)

Good luck!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I did say, for ME, the best scenario is for Oklahoma and Wisconsin to win, because that eliminates Alabama. You are correct, I think that it either of those 2 teams lose, then Alabama gets in. The winners of the other 2 conf. Championship games will get in as well. And yes I think people are tired of seeing Alabama, they played a very weak schedule, (not their fault in some cases), but at the end of the day it was weak, and the 4th ranked team I didn't mention has 6 losses this season, it doesn't really count as a ranked team.

I think we are sort of agreeing. Kinda anyway. 

Bama didn't play a ranked team with 6 losses? In fact there isn't a ranked team with 6 losses.

Ranked teams Bama has played are 9-3 Fresno st, 9-3 LSU, 8-4 MSU and 10-2 Auburn. 

In fact, Bama played 8 teams that would be eligible to play in bowl games. Those that aren't eligible are obviously Mercer, Vandy, Tenn and Arkansas. And Tenn and Ark generally make bowl games every year. But they were dumpster fires this year. 

I think we are sort of agreeing. Kinda anyway.

Bama didn't play a ranked team with 6 losses? In fact there isn't a ranked team with 6 losses.

Ranked teams Bama has played are 9-3 Fresno st, 9-3 LSU, 8-4 MSU and 10-2 Auburn.

In fact, Bama played 8 teams that would be eligible to play in bowl games. Those that aren't eligible are obviously Mercer, Vandy, Tenn and Arkansas. And Tenn and Ark generally make bowl games every year. But they were dumpster fires this year.

Didn't realize Fresno was ranked. I was referring to FSU. Don't get me wrong, I dont want Wisconsin or OSU either, but if I were to choose, I'll take Wisc instead of Alabama every time. Wisconsin Control's their own destiny if you will and so does Oklahoma. Those are the 2 opportunities for Alabama to get in, I think the other 2 games are winner is in loser is out. I would like to see Georgia win as well, that sorta makes it easier since no one will have 2 losses at that point. I just to see some good matchups in the final 4, I think we are getting some really good games this weekend though. If nothing else it should be entertaining.

Yea Bama shouldn't be in. See Ohio St last year. It should be conference champs only. That's ridiculous to say Bama should be in when they can't even win their division, much less their conference. Give me a break. Bama, enjoy the poluan weedeater bowl. 

And please use Top 25 wins, not bowl eligible teams. That metric only works in basketball when you can say you beat x number of tourney teams. Over half of FBS teams make it to a bowl. 

We actually have an 8 team playoff this year. The winner of the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 all will make it into the playoff. (except for TCU...if they win, they'll still go to a NY 6 bowl)

Big 12 didn't get in because Wisconsin laid down against Ohio St in '14 and allowed Ohio St to jump both Baylor and TCU. That year, Ohio St only had 2 top 25 wins (their schedule was a joke that year and they didn't pick up the second top 25 win until the Big 10 champ game) and lost at home to a paltry Va Tech team. It was a scam derived by none other than Barry Alvarez who was on the CFP committee that year. Hindsight is always easiest with OSU winning the whole thing, but it was a sham how they got in. OU has been the conference's only rep in '15, with the conference missing last year. I don't think TCU can beat OU on saturday. I think the OU backfield has a field day.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Didn't realize Fresno was ranked. I was referring to FSU. Don't get me wrong, I dont want Wisconsin or OSU either, but if I were to choose, I'll take Wisc instead of Alabama every time. Wisconsin Control's their own destiny if you will and so does Oklahoma. Those are the 2 opportunities for Alabama to get in, I think the other 2 games are winner is in loser is out. I would like to see Georgia win as well, that sorta makes it easier since no one will have 2 losses at that point. I just to see some good matchups in the final 4, I think we are getting some really good games this weekend though. If nothing else it should be entertaining.

I pretty much agree with all of that. With the exception of maybe Miami. I'm not totally sold that they jump Alabama if they beat Clemson. Maybe if they do it in a convincing manner. They have scraped by people all year and haven't played a great schedule either. That loss to Pitt was embarrassing.

Anyone who is in the top 6 for sure is in if they win. (Obviously Bama is the only team not playing of that 6)

Yea Bama shouldn't be in. See Ohio St last year. It should be conference champs only. That's ridiculous to say Bama should be in when they can't even win their division, much less their conference. Give me a break. Bama, enjoy the poluan weedeater bowl. 

And please use Top 25 wins, not bowl eligible teams. That metric only works in basketball when you can say you beat x number of tourney teams. Over half of FBS teams make it to a bowl. 

We actually have an 8 team playoff this year. The winner of the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 all will make it into the playoff. (except for TCU...if they win, they'll still go to a NY 6 bowl)

Big 12 didn't get in because Wisconsin laid down against Ohio St in '14 and allowed Ohio St to jump both Baylor and TCU. That year, Ohio St only had 2 top 25 wins (their schedule was a joke that year and they didn't pick up the second top 25 win until the Big 10 champ game) and lost at home to a paltry Va Tech team. It was a scam derived by none other than Barry Alvarez who was on the CFP committee that year. Hindsight is always easiest with OSU winning the whole thing, but it was a sham how they got in. OU has been the conference's only rep in '15, with the conference missing last year. I don't think TCU can beat OU on saturday. I think the OU backfield has a field day.

If Bama doesn't get in. And I'm not saying they should over anyone in the top 4 or Georgia at 6. Then they'll play in a new years 6 bowl. More than likely the Orange bowl. Remind me, what bowl game is Baylor making this year?  B)

And I did list their ranked teams. Since everyone wants to nitpick so badly why don't I list the amount of ranked team that everyone in the top 12 has beaten. Feel free to double check me. 

1. Clemson-3 

2. Auburn-3

3. Oklahoma-3

4. Wisconsin-1

5. Alabama-3

6. Georgia-2

7. Miami-2

8. Ohio State-2

9. Penn state-1

10. USC-1

11. TCU-1

12- Stanford-2

Bama deserves to go over OSU/ Pac12 champ/ or TCU if they win. It's not really that difficult guys. We are looking for the BEST TEAM. It says so in the guideline for the playoff. Being conference champs helps but it isn't required. 

Also, please never compare Bama to an OSU team that got beat 31-0 by Clemson last year. (OSU seems to enjoy losing by 31  :D ) Bama has not gotten beat by more than 17 points since Saban has been there. In fact, the last HC to beat Bama by +17 is actually Nick Saban. 

The ONLY reason Fresno is ranked is because Bama beat them. It's a move by the committee to boost an otherwise mediocre schedule. A 9-3 Fresno team beat exactly 3 teams with a winning record. 3. What a freaking joke. Why is a 9-3 Fresno team ranked when the only quality wins are San Diego St, Wyoming and Boise? 

Yea my bears are back in the toilet bowl this year but that still doesn't waiver my love for college football. We had the baddest, most insane, most creative offense in the land but it was lead by a man that cared more about winning than running a clean program. Issues arose that are prevalent at most P5 schools (i.e. Title IX enforcement lies on non-law enforcement "officials"). We have since rid ourselves of the coaching staff and most of the bad apples in the admin office. If you ever want to know the real story, turn off ESPN and listen to the locals. It's a shame ESPN cares more about clicks than the truth.  

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

The ONLY reason Fresno is ranked is because Bama beat them. It's a move by the committee to boost an otherwise mediocre schedule. A 9-3 Fresno team beat exactly 3 teams with a winning record. 3. What a freaking joke. Why is a 9-3 Fresno team ranked when the only quality wins are San Diego St, Wyoming and Boise? 

Yea my bears are back in the toilet bowl this year but that still doesn't waiver my love for college football. We had the baddest, most insane, most creative offense in the land but it was lead by a man that cared more about winning than running a clean program. Issues arose that are prevalent at most P5 schools (i.e. Title IX enforcement lies on non-law enforcement "officials"). We have since rid ourselves of the coaching staff and most of the bad apples in the admin office. If you ever want to know the real story, turn off ESPN and listen to the locals. It's a shame ESPN cares more about clicks than the truth.  

Wait so now that "teams with a winning record" fit your narrative, its alright to use that? LOL Come on now 

And don't give me that conspiracy theory BS. Fresno state has been in and out of the top 25 all season. Go back and look week to week. Unless you just want to keep spewing nonsense. Fresno has been ranked almost every week this season. Ranked the week before Bama beat them and has been since. 

FYI I'm not much of a fan of ESPN for the most part. They have lost their way. 

What I said wasn't meant to be much of a shot at the program anyway. More of a wake up call that a New Years 6 bowl is a bit different than sitting at home or playing in the "poluan weedeater bowl."

This whole “best team” thing should include a conference championship.

1. BIG10 Champ

2. SEC Champ

3. ACC/Big12

4. PAC12

They need to adjust it so it plays out so all of the conference champs play. We get a lot of the “Bama effect”... just because they have been national Champs for 100 times in the last 101 years... shouldn't give them an automatic in. Same goes for OSU last year getting in over PSU.

Until they include all of the confrence champs (yes, this should be a requirement) this system will be flawed.

I didn't mean any disrespect to any OSU or Bama fans. But damn give someone else a shot once in a while. You lose half the country's fan base it being the SEC/ACC Show or the SEC/BIG10 Show.

It would bring way more money for the NCAA if every conference was included.

You don't go to the conference champs, no matter what you shouldn't have a berth in the play off. I'll leave this one alone from now on. My my useless .02¢ opinion.

ESPN lost something a while back and fans have noticed that's one reason ratings are in the toilet.

Rick

Left Hand, 

This whole “best team” thing should include a conference championship.

1. BIG10 Champ

2. SEC Champ

3. ACC/Big12

4. PAC12

They need to adjust it so it plays out so all of the conference champs play. We get a lot of the “Bama effect”... just because they have been national Champs for 100 times in the last 101 years... shouldn't give them an automatic in. Same goes for OSU last year getting in over PSU.

Until they include all of the confrence champs (yes, this should be a requirement) this system will be flawed.

I didn't mean any disrespect to any OSU or Bama fans. But damn give someone else a shot once in a while. You lose half the country's fan base it being the SEC/ACC Show or the SEC/BIG10 Show.

It would bring way more money for the NCAA if every conference was included.

You don't go to the conference champs, no matter what you shouldn't have a berth in the play off. I'll leave this one alone from now on. My my useless .02¢ opinion.

1 problem with this. YOU ARE LITERALLY MAKING YOUR OWN SCENARIO AND RULES.

These aren't the rules or guidelines and they honestly don't work for a 4 team playoff. You'd be putting USC in the playoff right now. No chance man. Look I get being tired of Bama and OSU. But Bama has deserved to be in each of those years. This year is the first time its even iffy. OSU on the other hand has not always deserved what they have gotten. And that will happen yet again if they make the playoffs.

Nobody is making any kind of argument for someone other than the top 4+Georgia over Bama. Not 1 decent bit of info has been put forth other than moving the goal posts. Talk hypothetical situations later or in the offseason. Bc the rules we have aren't changing before then.

Don't move the goal posts and stay on topic please.

One more thing. In honor of Tiger's 69 today I have a fun little stat for yall.

The Big10 in the last 2 CFB playoffs have been outscored 69-0. SIXTYNINE TO ZERO.

If a borderline OSU team makes it in again over Bama then I think we know where the bias is in cfb.

Not hypothetical. It's just my opinion. Never said they didn't “deserve” to be there. But if OSU beats Wisconsin, and every other top 4 team wins. There is no room for another SEC team. It would be a terrible move by the committee to put 2 teams that already played back to play again.

We are all fans of different teams. There would be an outrage if 2 of any conference got in. If OSU and Mich are 1/2 and one loses. They've already proved that they can beat the other.

Or whatever scenario you want, my opinion is I'd rather not see two teams from the same conference. Especially if they already played and one beat the other.