Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Hogan PTx Irons- New Pic!

deejaid

I see the 22* and 26* in my bag in short order.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be able to hit the show tomorrow afternoon -- one of my first stops will be Hogan to get some in hand pictures of these things.  I'm intrigued on how this set will be put together...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Will be able to hit the show tomorrow afternoon -- one of my first stops will be Hogan to get some in hand pictures of these things.  I'm intrigued on how this set will be put together...

Thank you again Barbajo. Can you make note of the clubhead sizes of PTx compared to the Ft. Worth? I went back and looked at the teaser images in Hogan's original press release and the back of the supposed "FT.WORTH 15 hi" still makes it look like there might be another iron set lurking behind the curtain. Not sure how it makes sense with PTx, but I guess we will know after tomorrow.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

To me they seem to share some of the same tech. They both focus more on positioning the cg behind the hitting area, both sort of have the same cavityback design to them (given, not much but a tad), just subtle things that I see. Might just be me though.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I'm missing something here.

We have the new hybrids.

We have the new PTx irons.

We still have the 2015 FW-15s and TK-15s.

We're still looking for the Mizuno Fli Hi type long irons that were promised.

Is that right?

That is my understanding, although Barbajo made a good point that the PTx are hollow irons so might meld with the FT. WORTH 15. Here is the original announcement which, based on the text and pictures of the hi's, seems to imply another iron set. Eager to hear from Barbajo finds out.

931da819-f99e-4400-aa99-ce061cb1180b.png This has been a whirlwind year for the new Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company. 

The reception to our new TK 15 wedges and FT. WORTH 15 irons has been nothing short of phenomenal.  Our owners are deliriously happy with their performance and are telling their friends.  And we are beginning to attract the attention of tour players, as the word of this innovative approach to irons and wedges spreads by word of mouth.

We even had a critical role in the huge win by the U.S. team at this year's Solheim cup.

Not bad for a company that has only been shipping since April of this year.

But we are not resting on the laurels of these first two products.  Our design and engineering team has been working long hours to keep up the momentum.  To keep challenging “conventional wisdom” in the world of golf club performance (which we find to be more “conventional” than “wisdom”).

To begin, we don't agree that driver face technology should be built into irons.  Who wants a shallower landing angle with less spin on their iron shots?  So we have innovated a completely n061f369e-f7f1-48c0-a966-9e7be3c93c4e.jpgew approach to iron design and construction.  We won't be announcing the new PTx irons for a few more weeks, but let me share a couple of hints: They will introduce a completely new concept in pure forged irons that delivers unbelievable feel, unmatched distance consistency, and more spin and green-holding performance than any other game improvement iron.

• They will continue our commitment to precision by being offered in every single loft from 20-47 degrees.
  • They meet Mr. Hogan's standard that â€œa golf club should be like a fine piece of jewelry.”
9bad73b2-6d34-4e1b-9d8b-e224b54ccd9e.jpgWe also will be introducing the first hollow iron option that blends with a forged player's iron – the new FT. WORTH 15 hi allows you to match FT. WORTH 15 solid forged iron feel and accuracy in the scoring clubs (32 degrees and up) with more forgiving, higher launching hollow irons in the lower lofts (20-31).  This unique approach allows you to optimize your set by replacing one, two or three irons in the lower lofts with an equally gorgeous iron that delivers higher ball flight, more forgiveness and increased spin where you need those the most.

Finally, our new Ben Hogan hybrids take that whole category to a completely new level.  They go against the grain of the entire industry by offering you a more authoritative trajectory andbd6eebae-37c2-4758-a185-2ff2fbaeb240.jpg increased spin than any other hybrids on the market.  After all, you are choosing hybrids to replace long irons . . . you are hoping to hit green-holding long-range approach shots, aren't you?  So why would you want lower spinning hybrids that cause the ball to roll out when it lands?

In addition, the new Ben Hogan hybrids have the most dramatic weight adjustment capabilities in the category.  You can fine tune each of your hybrids for launch angle and the draw/fade bias you desire.  It's never been done like this before.

We can only offer you these few images at this time, but trust that you will be the first to see them in the coming weeks.  

So I guess the above clears it up a little.  The recent release that I had posted was a bit unclear. 

The new PTx is a complete set, from 20 to 47 degrees.

The Ft Worth HI's (HI stands for Hollow Iron) are long iron replacements for lower-lofted Ft. Worths.  Hogan's take on a Utility Iron, but it's not bulky at all.  The face/head are a little larger than the Ft. Worths, but it's still a blade-like utility.

the Hybrids can replace the long irons in either set...

I'm meeting with one of their product managers tomorrow afternoon, so I'll have more info.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If they want MGS members to do another round of testing of the new iron lines and the hybrid, the website might crash with sign ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

That's an understatement my man! Haha.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

If they want MGS members to do another round of testing of the new iron lines and the hybrid, the website might crash with sign ups

Amen to that!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The Ft Worth HI's (HI stands for Hollow Iron) are long iron replacements for lower-lofted Ft. Worths.  Hogan's take on a Utility Iron, but it's not bulky at all.  The face/head are a little larger than the Ft. Worths, but it's still a blade-like utility.

Interesting they made another hollow iron just for the Ft. Worth 15s. Is the PTx really that different? I guess Mizuno has the H5 and MP25s. Still more interested in the PTx than a blended set of HI's and FW blades.

In order to get the best review of the PTx irons MGS should try to get a really large sample size of testers ;)

I have a picture of the HI - very different from the PTx - no similarities at all.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have a picture of the HI - very different from the PTx - no similarities at all.

image.jpeg

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Lol

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Ft. Worth HI is about 1:50 in....

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Thanks jmike

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Looks a lot like the Ft Worth with a wider sole.  I need one of these in my bag!

WITB 2024

Those things look pretty awesome! I'm actually even more intrigued to try out that hybrid!

I need to get to this show someday!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I have my ways. Haha.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

How did they look at address? Open closed or neutral?

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

FYI. Info and pics of the new HI's on the BH website. They don't have a link to them yet, but the home page slide show has a slide that links to more (6th slide)

http://www.benhogangolf.com/ft-worth-15hi

Was able to hit both the PTx and the Hi's -- didn't hit the hybrid -- and they do have that Hogan feel.  My mid-January swing probably didn't do the club justice, but I'd put PTx on the short list for 2016.  Looked very nice at address and they seemed pretty forgiving (hard to tell in their mini-driving range). The HI's look a lot like the Ft Wroth 15's, which a slight larger face and were pretty forgiving -- think a thinner overall utility iron, which is pretty much what Hogan is after.  

In terms of forgiveness, they're designed to be progressive with the Ft. Worth's, not the PTx -- you'd be better off forgiveness-wise with the PTx long irons than these.  Now, a progressive PTx/Ft Worth 15 set might be kind of interesting....

And the rumor mill was churning -- there's talk of possible fairway woods and driver in the coming 8 to 14 months.  Not sayin', just sayin', you know what I'm sayin?

They're also working on building a fitting center at their Fort Worth facility.  Their set up in the Old Ft. Worth Star-Gazette building -- and they've set aside the old ink room for a fitting studio.  The ink room is HUGE (saw it last year), and is where the newspaper stored its ink for the printing presses.  Not sure when they'll have it ready, but the plans sound awesome.  But then again, most plans do.  Hope it comes to fruition.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I should probably have waited a year for the PTX model, but one comes to a point where playing next year is no sure bet.

In any case, kudos to he new Hogan Company. Thanks for not bringing back the Apex PC model. Those who remember it will know what I mean.

Was able to hit both the PTx and the Hi's -- didn't hit the hybrid -- and they do have that Hogan feel.  My mid-January swing probably didn't do the club justice, but I'd put PTx on the short list for 2016.  Looked very nice at address and they seemed pretty forgiving (hard to tell in their mini-driving range). The HI's look a lot like the Ft Wroth 15's, which a slight larger face and were pretty forgiving -- think a thinner overall utility iron, which is pretty much what Hogan is after.  

In terms of forgiveness, they're designed to be progressive with the Ft. Worth's, not the PTx -- you'd be better off forgiveness-wise with the PTx long irons than these.  Now, a progressive PTx/Ft Worth 15 set might be kind of interesting....

And the rumor mill was churning -- there's talk of possible fairway woods and driver in the coming 8 to 14 months.  Not sayin', just sayin', you know what I'm sayin?

They're also working on building a fitting center at their Fort Worth facility.  Their set up in the Old Ft. Worth Star-Gazette building -- and they've set aside the old ink room for a fitting studio.  The ink room is HUGE (saw it last year), and is where the newspaper stored its ink for the printing presses.  Not sure when they'll have it ready, but the plans sound awesome.  But then again, most plans do.  Hope it comes to fruition.

It can be tough finding smaller brand fitters in Iowa. Luckily we have a BH and mizuno fitter. Those are the two top brands on the list for me. I would love to try the srixon series too. Admitting my bias up front, I do like the idea of having a set of PTx flow into a set of TK wedges.  We will see once I start testing them out.

• 1 month later...

This is an old discussion but I didn't think this bit of news warranted its own thread.

The new Hogan tour bag has the Ben Hogan sunburst logo on it. I remember deejaid, Kor.A.Door and EthanSterlingPrice talking about they must not be able to use it because of copyright issues with Perry Ellis. Unless that deal suddenly ended BH is now using it.

Still wish the PTx used the sunburst instead of the hogan head but they were likely trying to pay homage to the older irons (credit Barbajo in post #15)

Agreed, love the BH sunburst logo, Would be SWEET on a hat. I hope They offer up a few hybrids for MGS member testing. I'd kill to do an iron set test, but don't have the time, but a hybrid, I could do a single club ( hint, hint )

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

This is an old discussion but I didn't think this bit of news warranted its own thread.

The new Hogan tour bag has the Ben Hogan sunburst logo on it. I remember deejaid, Kor.A.Door and EthanSterlingPrice talking about they must not be able to use it because of copyright issues with Perry Ellis. Unless that deal suddenly ended BH is now using it.

Still wish the PTx used the sunburst instead of the hogan head but they were likely trying to pay homage to the older irons (credit Barbajo in post #15)

Did check in with Hogan about the Sunburst logo several weeks ago -- they do have access to that logo and some of the early prototypes of the PTx line did, in fact, feature the sunburst.  They decided to go with the silhouette logo on these irons instead - equally iconic for Hogan and still, IMO, pretty sweet looking.  

Wouldn't be a surprise to see it on a club at somepoint in the future.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived