Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2017 Sponsor Changes

null

Since today is officially the first day pros can start announcing their new sponsors, I thought we should have a threat for it.

Please refrain from posting rumors and only post confirmed/announced sponsorships.

This morning Jason Day officially announced he is now sponsored by Nike Golf for apparel.

Cool idea

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I have not heard anything that is confirmed except for Jason Day wearing Nike apparel and Rory being a "equipment free agent".  I have not heard or seen anything confirmed with any of the Nike guys over clubs etc

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Curious to see who they've added!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Nike got Rick Shiels!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

And the Bubba rumors are confirmed...

bubba-ball.jpg

By: Jeff Babineau | January 2, 2017 7:42 pm

KAPALUA, Hawaii – Well, it's official. Bubba Watson, the 10th-ranked player in the world, will play a Volvik golf ball in 2017.

Watson, 38, who counts two Masters titles among his nine PGA Tour victories, will play a Volvik model called the White Color S4, which he says is called “Blue Pearl,” and will wear the company's logo on his sleeve. Watson was wearing one of his new shirts at Kapalua on Monday, site of this week's SBS Tournament of Champions. He previously played a Titleist ProV1x.

Watson will become the biggest name to play the Volvik ball. Previously, Volvik was represented in the men's game by endorsers Craig Stadler on the PGA Tour Champions and Tim Petrovic on the PGA Tour.

Watson on Monday showed off the new ball, which appears white and has the words “White Color” in script across the ball. As he turned the ball in the radiant light, it showed tinges of blue color across the dimples.

“You know where I got the idea (to play a Volvik)?” asked Watson, who is here at Kapalua after winning last season's Northern Trust Open at Riviera. “Watching the (World) Long Drive on television.”

Watson perennially is among the longest hitters on Tour, ranking fourth in driving distance last season (310.6 yards). He has led the Tour in driving distance five times (the last in 2014) and has ranked second in distance four other times.

With Watson playing a Volvik ball, five companies now are represented among the top 10 players in the world. With Rory McIlroy expected to return to Titleist (Pro V1x) when he competes in South Africa this month, Titleist will have four of the top 10 (two playing Pro V1, two playing Pro V1x). Also represented are TaylorMade (two), Callaway (two), Srixon (one) and now Volvik.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Nike got Rick Shiels!

IMG_1819.PNG

I think that might be photoshopped

Nevermind, it just looks to be

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

And Lydia Ko goes to PXG....

lydia-for-pxg-story.jpg

By: David Dusek | January 3, 2017 6:00 am

Parsons Xtreme Golf announced Tuesday that it signed four prominent LPGA Tour players to endorsement deals, including world-No. 1 Lydia Ko of New Zealand.

“When I first hit PXG's clubs I was extremely impressed by how they felt,” Ko said in a news release. “They felt solid, and the performance was – wow!”

The other players are U.S. Open champion Brittany Lang, Christina Kim and Ryan O'Toole.

PXG is a 2-year-old brand started by Bob Parsons, the founder of Go Daddy, based in Scottsdale, Ariz. Ryan Moore was the first on the PGA Tour to start using PXG clubs in 2015, and last year several golfers signed endorsement deals with the company, including Zach Johnson, Billy Horschel, Charles Howell III and James Hahn. Cristie Kerr, Gerina Piller and Beatriz Recari are among the LPGA Tour players who signed with PXG in 2016.

“This year PXG is looking at golf and the tour from a global perspective,” Parsons said in the same release. “Tour validation is important, and the ladies tour is wildly popular in many countries. We had five exceptional ladies on staff in 2016, and this year that number has grown to nine. These players, as well as our top-notch PGA Tour pros, will help us bring PXG's unmatched technology to passionate golfers around the globe.”

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

PXG is also adding Brittany Lang, Christina Kim and Ryann O'Toole...seems to be an LPGA kinda year.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Lydia Ko sure is making a lot of changes in a short period of time. Changing equipment, caddie and coach all at once seems like some behind-the-scenes issues may come to light down the road.  It's hard to take Leadbetter's account though.  He can be as egotistical and insecure as Haney and Foley.  But I do believe there is more to the story than just needing to change.  

The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle.

And the Bubba rumors are confirmed...

attachicon.gifbubba-ball.jpg

By: Jeff Babineau | January 2, 2017 7:42 pm

KAPALUA, Hawaii – Well, it's official. Bubba Watson, the 10th-ranked player in the world, will play a Volvik golf ball in 2017.

Watson, 38, who counts two Masters titles among his nine PGA Tour victories, will play a Volvik model called the White Color S4, which he says is called “Blue Pearl,” and will wear the company's logo on his sleeve. Watson was wearing one of his new shirts at Kapalua on Monday, site of this week's SBS Tournament of Champions. He previously played a Titleist ProV1x.

Watson will become the biggest name to play the Volvik ball. Previously, Volvik was represented in the men's game by endorsers Craig Stadler on the PGA Tour Champions and Tim Petrovic on the PGA Tour.

Watson on Monday showed off the new ball, which appears white and has the words “White Color” in script across the ball. As he turned the ball in the radiant light, it showed tinges of blue color across the dimples.

“You know where I got the idea (to play a Volvik)?” asked Watson, who is here at Kapalua after winning last season's Northern Trust Open at Riviera. “Watching the (World) Long Drive on television.”

Watson perennially is among the longest hitters on Tour, ranking fourth in driving distance last season (310.6 yards). He has led the Tour in driving distance five times (the last in 2014) and has ranked second in distance four other times.

With Watson playing a Volvik ball, five companies now are represented among the top 10 players in the world. With Rory McIlroy expected to return to Titleist (Pro V1x) when he competes in South Africa this month, Titleist will have four of the top 10 (two playing Pro V1, two playing Pro V1x). Also represented are TaylorMade (two), Callaway (two), Srixon (one) and now Volvik.

So now I guess this means that MGS has to test Volvik against the PV1x.   :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Possibly, but the real question is will the results cause the same level of butthurt on social media as the previous test?

No, because it is a similarly priced tour ball.  I thought it would be interesting to see what, if any, advantages the Volvik S4 has over the ProV1x for Bubba.  Or is it just for the money (which is my guess)??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lydia Ko sure is making a lot of changes in a short period of time. Changing equipment, caddie and coach all at once seems like some behind-the-scenes issues may come to light down the road.  It's hard to take Leadbetter's account though.  He can be as egotistical and insecure as Haney and Foley.  But I do believe there is more to the story than just needing to change.  

The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle.

I guess losing Lydia Ko was so traumatic that Ledbetter had to find a new gig.  He is now a fitting consultant with Club Champion!

I guess losing Lydia Ko was so traumatic that Ledbetter had to find a new gig.  He is now a fitting consultant with Club Champion!

I couldn't tolerate the type of parenting Lydia Ko, Michelle Wie, Se Ri Pak and others have experienced.  From my perspective, the control of every aspect of life is no different than the overbearing "abuse" experienced by Hunter Mahan, Patrick Reed and Sean O'Hair.

I believe at some point, Ko will have to take control of her own life.  If she doesn't, it will almost certainly eat away at her and ultimately shorten her career as a result like it did with Se Ri Pak.

I couldn't tolerate the type of parenting Lydia Ko, Michelle Wie, Se Ri Pak and others have experienced.  From my perspective, the control of every aspect of life is no different than the overbearing "abuse" experienced by Hunter Mahan, Patrick Reed and Sean O'Hair.

I believe at some point, Ko will have to take control of her own life.  If she doesn't, it will almost certainly eat away at her and ultimately shorten her career as a result like it did with Se Ri Pak.

I couldn't agree more!  It seems to be more so for the ladies girls because they enter the pro ranks at a much earlier age than the guys do.  

I like the idea of equipment free agents.

Gives me confidence in a product as a consumer that when someone has a mixed bag they are truly playing what the feel is top in the game at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I actually said the same thing on a thread on WRX about Rory. Personally I have always played a mixed bag and I do not care what Pro X is playing

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Very 'meh' addition by Callaway IMO. 

Respectfully disagree. I will wager he posts better results in 17 than the likes of Fowler, JT, and possibly Day.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Respectfully disagree. I will wager he posts better results in 17 than the likes of Fowler, JT, and possibly Day.

I hope so. Look, I like the kid. Just saying that he hasn't really stepped on to the big stage yet but he absolutely has all the weapons to do so. I hope it does happen in 2017.

Tony Finau is playing Ping this year and Patrick Rogers also just signed with Callaway.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Looks like Titleist added some names as well. Sean O'Hair has been a TM guy for close to 15 years so it is odd that he made a change. May say something about the direction of the TM staff.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Tony Finau is playing Ping this year and Patrick Rogers also just signed with Callaway.

IMG_2802.JPG

Never pictured Finau playing pings. Hope it works out for him.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Never pictured Finau playing pings. Hope it works out for him.

MDGolfHacker

I tend to agree, he seems like he would have been a good fit at with Cobra with his flair, or possibly Callaway. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I tend to agree, he seems like he would have been a good fit at with Cobra with his flair, or possibly Callaway.

Look closely at the bag....still has a good bit of Callaway clubs in their. Looks like Ping for the Driver, fairway wood and irons. Callaway apex Ut and wedges.

WITB 2024

Archived