Smalls1588

Post Your Swing

Our Sponsors

On 2/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, edingc said:

Updated sequence from my range session Sunday. Feeling good heading into spring.

Unfortunately, my video skipped a few frames toward the end...

20190216_p_positions.thumb.jpg.aac36a41e080c5914060d48d97305183.jpg

Big difference in P3 and P4 .... I like what you did!

Have you ever tried to hold your right foot on the ground for as long as possible?

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Big difference in P3 and P4 .... I like what you did!

Have you ever tried to hold your right foot on the ground for as long as possible?

Not something I have been thinking a lot about, but I like to see it on the ground or just off the ground at impact, ideally.

I haven't been able to hit range balls for a couple weeks (I've played 18 twice, instead), but the thought I was last given by my coach was to let my arm structure work down and back to start my downswing. That has the effect of bumping hips forward slightly, and then I'm basically squatting into my right heel and and pressing into my front foot/toes.

Lots of work to do this year! I think the range where I hit balls at lunch should be opening within the next week or two. That will help a lot.

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.0 (Last Updated July 7, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT - Check out the pre-chatter thread!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra Black/Yellow Ultralight Cart Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to 7.5°), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°, set to 13.5°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow (Also: :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow)
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

41 minutes ago, edingc said:

Not something I have been thinking a lot about, but I like to see it on the ground or just off the ground at impact, ideally.

I haven't been able to hit range balls for a couple weeks (I've played 18 twice, instead), but the thought I was last given by my coach was to let my arm structure work down and back to start my downswing. That has the effect of bumping hips forward slightly, and then I'm basically squatting into my right heel and and pressing into my front foot/toes.

Lots of work to do this year! I think the range where I hit balls at lunch should be opening within the next week or two. That will help a lot.

• Like 1

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Of course, many ways to achieve your outcome. 😂

JT's footwork is amazing to watch.

• Like 1

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT - Check out the pre-chatter thread!

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to 7.5°), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°, set to 13.5°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow (Also: :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow)

What do you guys think? (Forgive me for the portrait orientation video.)

I've been working with my coach on my path during the takeaway and rotating my hips, and have made progress in those areas. Looking at this swing, we agreed my next area for improvement will be staying in posture better through contact, and utilizing my hands/wrists better in the follow through. Thoughts?

• Like 2

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

FW: :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft, 15º)

Hybrid: *Currently Testing* :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5, 18º)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52 & 60): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

I've been working with my coach on my path during the takeaway and rotating my hips, and have made progress in those areas. Looking at this swing, we agreed my next area for improvement will be staying in posture better through contact, and utilizing my hands/wrists better in the follow through. Thoughts?

Unscientific eye here - I am not an instructor, nor do I play one on the Internet...

You've obviously got the athleticism, of which I'm very jealous. Tough to tell from the angle, but it looks like you've gotten a bit open and across the line at the top. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I would guess you hit a lot of high balls that either start straight or slightly right and then move right more?

If that's the case, I'm guessing your "bad" or unexpected miss is a low hook to the right? I'd be worried about getting the hands more active later in the swing because then you're going to be timing everything at the bottom of your swing and to me that's a recipe for inconsistency.

What happens if you try to take feel a 3/4 backswing with the same body movement?

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Also, regarding your takeaway, this looks pretty darn good to me...

image.png.ccf0f8e7256f4892b5aa7c3884575d20.png

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Unscientific eye here - I am not an instructor, nor do I play one on the Internet...

You've obviously got the athleticism, of which I'm very jealous. Tough to tell from the angle, but it looks like you've gotten a bit open and across the line at the top. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I would guess you hit a lot of high balls that either start straight or slightly right and then move right more?

If that's the case, I'm guessing your "bad" or unexpected miss is a low hook to the right? I'd be worried about getting the hands more active later in the swing because then you're going to be timing everything at the bottom of your swing and to me that's a recipe for inconsistency.

What happens if you try to take feel a 3/4 backswing with the same body movement?

Haha you're spot on with the bad miss. My "typical" ball flight is definitely high, usually I start somewhere between straight and to the right, and the flight is mostly straight, but usually moves on way or the other depending on the day. And "typical" isn't nearly as often as I'd like haha.

With the bad miss being low and left, I think you're right with the hesitancy to add more hands in late in the swing. Glad you mentioned that though - I went back and reread the email my coach sent me and I originally misread it. He was more saying my arms and shoulders took over my finish, overpowering my wrists and lower body.

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Also, regarding your takeaway, this looks pretty darn good to me...

image.png.ccf0f8e7256f4892b5aa7c3884575d20.png

And thanks! When we first started, I was super inside but never "felt" like I was. Which had me a ton steeper on the downswing and led to a ton of inconsistencies. I'm especially curious to see how my driving consistency will be this season, as that's what was killing me last year.

• Like 1

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

Hybrid: *Currently Testing* :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5, 18º)

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Oops, didn't answer your question. I'm not sure with the driver specifically, but that's what I try to do with my wedges, and that works really well.

• Like 1

Right Handed

7 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Haha you're spot on with the bad miss. My "typical" ball flight is definitely high, usually I start somewhere between straight and to the right, and the flight is mostly straight, but usually moves on way or the other depending on the day. And "typical" isn't nearly as often as I'd like haha.

With the bad miss being low and left, I think you're right with the hesitancy to add more hands in late in the swing. Glad you mentioned that though - I went back and reread the email my coach sent me and I originally misread it. He was more saying my arms and shoulders took over my finish, overpowering my wrists and lower body.

And thanks! When we first started, I was super inside but never "felt" like I was. Which had me a ton steeper on the downswing and led to a ton of inconsistencies. I'm especially curious to see how my driving consistency will be this season, as that's what was killing me last year.

Sounds like we have very similar problems. I, too, struggle with an inside takeaway, and it does all sorts of nasty stuff to my swing.

2 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Oops, didn't answer your question. I'm not sure with the driver specifically, but that's what I try to do with my wedges, and that works really well.

Reason I asked is because I could see the club face staying more square at the top if it didn't go back as far, with the right arm/hands/shoulder like a waiter's tray.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edingc said:

Sounds like we have very similar problems. I, too, struggle with an inside takeaway, and it does all sorts of nasty stuff to my swing.

Reason I asked is because I could see the club face staying more square at the top if it didn't go back as far, with the right arm/hands/shoulder like a waiter's tray.

That's a good mental image, I'll have to give it a shot and see how it feels!

Right Handed

I don't look at my swing very often, now I Remer why. Lol20200421_160052_1_1_1.gif.032227938561678563e8e8a84bf91c6e.gif

• Like 2

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 10.5°, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:ping-small: G700 5–PW, blue dot, Modus3 105
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Yesterday I was trying to work on hitting a straight ball. I've spent the past two seasons perfecting the push draw and it has become my stock shot. I can play the baby fade on command, but when I try to hit one dead straight I still get a small draw on it. Here was the result of yesterday's session.

• Like 1

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5° Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6S
3 Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 TS 15° Project X LZ60 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: SCOR 4161 50° and :cleveland-small: RTX-3 54°, 58° (Edison Golf Forged on the way)
Putter: :taylormade-small: SpiderX Navy Blue 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Ninth hole today. Straight off the left fairway and took a nice hard left into the second cut. 

• Like 3

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Ninth hole today. Straight off the left fairway and took a nice hard left into the second cut. 

Damn-nice swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Love 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Now I just gotta get back on-plane in the takeaway and not come inside so fast. Good thing is I get to a good spot at the top, and come back down on-plane. Butt needs to “stay on the wall” as well. Getting there!

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

7 hours ago, PMookie said:

Now I just gotta get back on-plane in the takeaway and not come inside so fast. Good thing is I get to a good spot at the top, and come back down on-plane. Butt needs to “stay on the wall” as well. Getting there!

You know what’s really working right there?  Good rhythm and balance. You’re using that plane mate right?  

• Like 1

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Good grief... I hope my swing doesn’t still look like it did in my video on here... yuck, yuck, yuck.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 3:10 AM, Josh Ross said:

Yesterday I was trying to work on hitting a straight ball. I've spent the past two seasons perfecting the push draw and it has become my stock shot. I can play the baby fade on command, but when I try to hit one dead straight I still get a small draw on it. Here was the result of yesterday's session.

I'm still so bothered my my lack of extension after impact. I hit the ball crisp and it goes a long way, but my arms don't extend toward the target at all. My scores are getting lower, maybe I should stop worrying about it and just play.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5° Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6S
3 Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 TS 15° Project X LZ60 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: SCOR 4161 50° and :cleveland-small: RTX-3 54°, 58° (Edison Golf Forged on the way)
Putter: :taylormade-small: SpiderX Navy Blue 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X