Smalls1588

Post Your Swing

Curious question.. so I'm in the process of looking at a new shaft for the driver. With a SS averaging 111 mph, I'm in between S and XS flex. Depending on the shaft bend profile, I seem to get good and not so good results with both flexes. I've never put the data together though to see which profile I'm getting the better results with. I'm guessing it's the S shafts with a stiffer profile or XS with a slightly softer profile..?

Question: would you consider my tempo (driver swing) more on the smoothe or aggressive side of the fence? Or is it right in the middle? The shaft I play now is a UST Elements Chrome 6f4. Tipped S+. It feels good but almost a tad soft. When I've had my Wheaties and I'm maxing out my SS, my miss is a slight push which can be a shaft flex issue.

Any suggestions?

Thx!!!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Curious question.. so I'm in the process of looking at a new shaft for the driver. With a SS averaging 111 mph, I'm in between S and XS flex. Depending on the shaft bend profile, I seem to get good and not so good results with both flexes. I've never put the data together though to see which profile I'm getting the better results with. I'm guessing it's the S shafts with a stiffer profile or XS with a slightly softer profile..?

Question: would you consider my tempo (driver swing) more on the smoothe or aggressive side of the fence? Or is it right in the middle? The shaft I play now is a UST Elements Chrome 6f4. Tipped S+. It feels good but almost a tad soft. When I've had my Wheaties and I'm maxing out my SS, my miss is a slight push which can be a shaft flex issue.

Any suggestions?

Thx!!!

looks pretty smooth to me. Transition is key and you seem to transition without aggression.

Another thing to consider is I believe it's best to play the softest shaft that works for you. A fitter would be best to visit and advise  as maybe you need a stiffer area near the head or handle.

• Like 1

If you want a suggestion I would explore the HZRDUS series. They play relatively stiff compared to other manufacturers.

I’ve played X flex drivers for twenty years. Last season I went down to a stiff (6.0) flex and I am so glad that I did.

During my fitting I was between 109-117 for swing speeds and the softer shaft gave me a better spin / launch profile.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

7-iron swing sequence from a recent range session. Amazing how much progress I've made this year. Still taking the club back a bit inside though. Misses lately have been blocked right or hooky as a result. Something to focus on during my next session.

According my Swing Caddie, this particular swing was 169-yard carry.

20190701_p_positions.thumb.jpg.4d7cec95dbf885b37139c8808d97b128.jpg

• Like 3

looks pretty smooth to me. Transition is key and you seem to transition without aggression.
Another thing to consider is I believe it's best to play the softest shaft that works for you. A fitter would be best to visit and advise  as maybe you need a stiffer area near the head or handle.
So part of my dilemma is that most retailers/fitters don't carry the shaft that I'm interested in. The UST Proforce V2 Black. Golfworks carries them for $60 and would look pretty killer with my F8+ black head. From what I've read, it looks to play a tad stiffer and has a fairly low-ish torque. I'm leaning toward a S flex and maybe tipping it to play S+.

Driver one of my biggest problems, trying to be more consistent with it.

• Like 1

Working on quieting my lower body "slide" and replacing it with a better Rotation move.

Scores are starting to reflect all of the work.

• Like 4

This is my happy swing.  Good right side rotation through the ball while maintaining my height.  This was a soft cut off the left tree line with 290 carry and 3 yards of roll 🤣

• Like 3

Another 7 iron sequence. Pesky takeaway still causing me to get stuck. This one was decent distance, but left, as is my miss lately. With the occasional block right thrown in for good measure.

20190812_p_positions.thumb.jpg.0b0da93f93078259b95adb1b5da2f6a9.jpg